NFL combine

Page 2 of Do any of you watch at all? Anyone pay much attention? Wait til it's over for to look at anything? I admit, Monday I'll be glued in while at work. I'll... 72 comments | 1961 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,986

    Dalvin Cook benched 225 pounds 22 times, Christian McCaffrey 10 times and LSU’s Leonard Fournette did not participate.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,986

    FSU WR Kermit Whitfield ran 4.24 40 in his mock combine and thinks he can run faster than that.

  3. #18
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    8,881

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    I say he runs a 4.7 ir high 4.6 he is to heavy.
    If he runs over 4.55 I will not make fun of your Dalvin Cook number one for the Browns in the Mock Draft thread.

  4. #19
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,083

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    FSU WR Kermit Whitfield ran 4.24 40 in his mock combine and thinks he can run faster than that.
    Is he going to try and get that island from adidas?

  5. #20
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,986

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Is he going to try and get that island from adidas?
    I hope so.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,264

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Fournette comes in weighing 240. If he runs around 4.4 he will be a top 5 pick.
    Fournette is interesting to me. The guy looks like the next Adrian Peterson. With that said Peterson played a lot with a qb under center and got to run down hill.

    Everyone saw Elliot last year and think his impacted could be repeated. However he went to the perfect spot in Dallas. The best line in football, and then a rookie qb. So they did a lot of under center and play action stuff. Which is perfect for a young rb. Elliot goes anywhere else he still would be good but no where near what he was.

    For example Fournette intrigues me with the Bengals. With that said how would he do running out of the gun and not starting down hill right away? That is one thing that killed Jeremy Hill. His rookie year the Bengals were under center and a power running team. The last 2 years they been more of a gun spread team, and he hasn't done well. Dalton as a qb is ten times better in the gun than he is under center. So not sure if Fournette would fit well with what Dalton does best which is the gun. Carolina is the only team where even them being in the gun still would be successful for Fournette.

  7. #22
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    8,881

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Fournette is interesting to me. The guy looks like the next Adrian Peterson. With that said Peterson played a lot with a qb under center and got to run down hill.

    Everyone saw Elliot last year and think his impacted could be repeated. However he went to the perfect spot in Dallas. The best line in football, and then a rookie qb. So they did a lot of under center and play action stuff. Which is perfect for a young rb. Elliot goes anywhere else he still would be good but no where near what he was.

    For example Fournette intrigues me with the Bengals. With that said how would he do running out of the gun and not starting down hill right away? That is one thing that killed Jeremy Hill. His rookie year the Bengals were under center and a power running team. The last 2 years they been more of a gun spread team, and he hasn't done well. Dalton as a qb is ten times better in the gun than he is under center. So not sure if Fournette would fit well with what Dalton does best which is the gun. Carolina is the only team where even them being in the gun still would be successful for Fournette.
    I've watched a ton of tape on Fournette for obvious reasons. Comparing him to Zeke is really difficult. Zeke was absolutely great in pass block where Fournette is just average in pass blocking. I think Fournette is a better runner. His speed/power/vision is something we havent seen since AP. Fournette is a physical freak. We will see that when he runs on Friday. I dont expect him to be in the gun. If a team drafts him they need to expect to have a full back lead block so he can get into that second level.

  8. #23
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,986

    Clemaon WR Mike Williams measured in 6'3 218 pounds and UL WR James Quick 6'0 186 pounds.

  9. #24
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,986

    OL Forrest Lamp WKU benched 225 34 times.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,264

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    I've watched a ton of tape on Fournette for obvious reasons. Comparing him to Zeke is really difficult. Zeke was absolutely great in pass block where Fournette is just average in pass blocking. I think Fournette is a better runner. His speed/power/vision is something we havent seen since AP. Fournette is a physical freak. We will see that when he runs on Friday. I dont expect him to be in the gun. If a team drafts him they need to expect to have a full back lead block so he can get into that second level.
    That is my worry. I think many people automatically think he will come in and do great right away like Zeke. However it will really depend on where he ends up and what their system is. Zeke went to the perfect system for him.

  11. #26
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,986

    Cook will be the better back reminds me of Marshall Faulk/Garrison Hearst.

  12. #27
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    8,881

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    That is my worry. I think many people automatically think he will come in and do great right away like Zeke. However it will really depend on where he ends up and what their system is. Zeke went to the perfect system for him.
    Absolutely. With Coughlin back in charge, Marrone as head coach, Jacksonville wants to get back to that power running game that they had with Fred Taylor and MJD. That's one of the few reasons I think he will be their pick. Of course it means nothing if the offensive line isn't fixed.

  13. #28
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,436

    Fournette blazing speed on that frame. 4.51 40 time. One team had him at 4.48.

  14. #29
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    8,881

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    I say he runs a 4.7 ir high 4.6 he is to heavy.
    Nailed it

  15. #30
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    19,039

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Nailed it
    as usual

Top