NFL Coach of the Year?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    4,541

    NFL Coach of the Year?

    First, I hate Coach of the Year awards because they usually go to a guy that takes a team that was not thought of as being a playoff team and gets them in the playoffs. Meanwhile, a coach that makes the playoffs every year gets overlooked.

    So who gets it? If you pick Adam Gase of the Miami Dolphins just remember Marvin beat his team soundly this year. If you pick Jason Garrett did he suddenly become a better coach this year...............or did Dallas just draft better than anyone else?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    4,225

    Tomlin

  3. #3
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    53,717

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    First, I hate Coach of the Year awards because they usually go to a guy that takes a team that was not thought of as being a playoff team and gets them in the playoffs. Meanwhile, a coach that makes the playoffs every year gets overlooked.

    So who gets it? If you pick Adam Gase of the Miami Dolphins just remember Marvin beat his team soundly this year. If you pick Jason Garrett did he suddenly become a better coach this year...............or did Dallas just draft better than anyone else?
    With that criteria then there ain't one

  4. #4
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,480

    Jack Del Rio

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,156

    Has Belichick ever won it? I think 75% of NFL fans would tell you he is the best head coach in the NFL. Why would he not win it this year? 14-2 with his QB out for 4 games and he is undefeated since his second best player went down (Gronk). I say Belichick should win it most years and certainly this year...

  6. #6
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,480

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    Has Belichick ever won it? I think 75% of NFL fans would tell you he is the best head coach in the NFL. Why would he not win it this year? 14-2 with his QB out for 4 games and he is undefeated since his second best player went down (Gronk). I say Belichick should win it most years and certainly this year...
    Cheaters should never be allowed to win it

  7. #7
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    3,698

    I'd go with Jack Del Rio.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,156

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Cheaters should never be allowed to win it
    Whatever...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,216

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I'd go with Jack Del Rio.
    Same! His decisions this year directly won them games. They were in so many close games in the 4th quarter, and countless times he went for it on 4th down, went for the win by going for 2 point conversions, etc and they basically paid off each time. Those decisions won him games. Now those decisions could have also cost them and they could have only been a 6 win team. However those decisions proved to be the right ones this year. So I agree he deserves it imo.

  10. #10
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,116

    Andy Reid. As always though won't win it and the Chiefs will never get the respect they earn. Beat Oakland twice with Carr, also won at Atlanta. No Jamaal Charles, 2 starters on the defensive line out for the season since week 4, and won the toughest division in football this year.

  11. #11
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complecated - Confucius
    Posts
    7,123

    Belichick has been for 15 years.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    8,338

    My three picks would be Belichick, Reid, or Del Rio.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    8,338

    Quote Originally Posted by mooremiller31 View Post
    Andy Reid. As always though won't win it and the Chiefs will never get the respect they earn. Beat Oakland twice with Carr, also won at Atlanta. No Jamaal Charles, 2 starters on the defensive line out for the season since week 4, and won the toughest division in football this year.
    That's a good point on Reid, makes it easier to eliminate Del Rio.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    15,221

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    First, I hate Coach of the Year awards because they usually go to a guy that takes a team that was not thought of as being a playoff team and gets them in the playoffs. Meanwhile, a coach that makes the playoffs every year gets overlooked.

    So who gets it? If you pick Adam Gase of the Miami Dolphins just remember Marvin beat his team soundly this year. If you pick Jason Garrett did he suddenly become a better coach this year...............or did Dallas just draft better than anyone else?
    And the Dolphins soundly beat the Steelers earlier this year, what's the criteria now?

  15. #15
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting up NKY way enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,119

    Can't believe no votes for Marvin??

Top