New Bengal QB Logan Woodside arrested for DUI by the Bellevue Kentucky PD

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    139,833

    New Bengal QB Logan Woodside arrested for DUI by the Bellevue Kentucky PD

    Bengals quarterback Logan Woodside was arrested and charged with DUI on June 9th in Newport, Kentucky, according to police records. He was booked at 3:46 am ET by the Bellevue Police Department.

    Officers initially spotted Woodside driving 10 mph over the speed limit before pulling him over. Police then determined Woodside was operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.

    Bengals QB Logan Woodside arrested on DUI charge - Cincy Jungle

    I will never understand why NFL players do these things.

    I assume the Bengals will go ahead and cut him right away since he was a long shot at best to make the roster.

    I also see it was Drugs and not Alcohol. The NFL will probably slam him too.

    What a shame...
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,453

    I hate to hear that, a player of his caliber has to toe the line.

  3. #3
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,727

    Is this the Logan Woodside from Franklin County?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    431

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Is this the Logan Woodside from Franklin County?
    Yes.

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    139,833

    And he was a member of the 2012 All BGP Football Team:

    2012 All BluegrassPreps.com Football Team

  6. #6
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,191

    Stupid, stupid young men!!!!!!!!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    9,918

    Let's hope he learns from this.

  8. #8
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    10,441

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Let's hope he learns from this.
    Unfortunately for him he’s going to have to learn that lesson without a helmet and shoulder pads.

  9. #9
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    So woke
    Posts
    22,584

    The Bellevue police officer wrote the following in Woodside's citation:

    "Officer was sitting in the outside area of UDF when a blue SUV came through the parking lot at a high rate of speed. When I walked up to the vehicle the driver had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage, and he had glassy eyes. Subject was able to exit the vehicle OK but had minor troubles counting backward, and with finger dexterity. During the HGN (Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus) test subject should clues for impairment. Subject had trouble with his walk and turn, and counting during the test. Subject was unable to complete the one leg stand. Subject took the BA (Blood Alcohol) test after attempting to contact an attorney and declined a test at his own expense. Breath: .112."

    The officer cited Woodside for driving greater than 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.


    Doesn’t say anything about drugs.

  10. #10
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    So woke
    Posts
    22,584

    I’ll also say that officer needs to work on his DUI citation narratives.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    431

    Slap on the wrist. He will fit right in with the Bengals.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    1,026

    Just a word to the wise. Im in there around 5:20am M-F and there is more often than not a Bellevue officer and enough times a Dayton officer either inside talking or in the parking lot. I'd bet it is safe to say they do the same on the weekends.

  13. #13
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    139,833

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I’ll also say that officer needs to work on his DUI citation narratives.
    I know right.

    I was thinking "Rookie" get your act together! But seriously, the narrative contains enough to give us a picture of what happened.

  14. #14
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    139,833

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Bengals quarterback Logan Woodside was arrested and charged with DUI on June 9th in Newport, Kentucky, according to police records. He was booked at 3:46 am ET by the Bellevue Police Department.

    Officers initially spotted Woodside driving 10 mph over the speed limit before pulling him over. Police then determined Woodside was operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.

    Bengals QB Logan Woodside arrested on DUI charge - Cincy Jungle

    I will never understand why NFL players do these things.

    I assume the Bengals will go ahead and cut him right away since he was a long shot at best to make the roster.

    I also see it was Drugs and not Alcohol. The NFL will probably slam him too.

    What a shame...
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    The Bellevue police officer wrote the following in Woodside's citation:

    "Officer was sitting in the outside area of UDF when a blue SUV came through the parking lot at a high rate of speed. When I walked up to the vehicle the driver had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage, and he had glassy eyes. Subject was able to exit the vehicle OK but had minor troubles counting backward, and with finger dexterity. During the HGN (Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus) test subject should clues for impairment. Subject had trouble with his walk and turn, and counting during the test. Subject was unable to complete the one leg stand. Subject took the BA (Blood Alcohol) test after attempting to contact an attorney and declined a test at his own expense. Breath: .112."

    The officer cited Woodside for driving greater than 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.


    Doesn’t say anything about drugs.
    Thanks Rocket, according to that it is Alcohol only.

    You can bounce right back from this Logan.

  15. #15
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,030

    It goes without saying it's a poor personal decision on Woodside's part. It really goes without saying that it's moronic to do something like this when you face long odds to make an NFL team and build a career. Has the rookie symposium happened yet?

Top