Kevin Zeitler - Signed with the Browns

Page 2 of Are the Bengals really gonna let him walk? Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 48 comments | 1994 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,310

    I have heard that Whitworth's home is on the market, so he may be the one they're going to let walk. Although I don't see it listed.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,626

    I heard he is gone and they are going to try Fisher at right guard.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    220

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    That is the problem. He will command highest paid guard money in the nfl. Which they already paid their other guard big money 2 years ago. That is a lot of money to put in between just 2 guards. They messed up by signing Boling back. They should have let him walk 2 years ago.

    As much as it would suck to lose him. I also understand not paying another guard such a high price.
    Yeah why would you want to sign the only good offensive linemen you have on the roster?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    12 Mile aka California, KY
    Posts
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    I have heard that Whitworth's home is on the market, so he may be the one they're going to let walk. Although I don't see it listed.
    I will try to get the low down today. My boss's kids and his kids are in the same class.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I can see that. Either Whit or Zeitler will be gone imo.
    Hopefully Whitt is gone. Zietler is younger and has more upside. With that said, unless you're a flashy skill player the Brown family doesn't like to open the check book. I can see Zeitler leaving for a real chance form a real franchise that wants to win and doesn't keep a loser of a coach who has proven he can't win.

  6. #21
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,626

    I hope the Browns or Steelers sign Zietler.

  7. #22
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    54,961

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    I hope the Browns or Steelers sign Zietler.
    You really think every FA goes to the Steelers. Who's next? AP?

  8. #23
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,626

    If the Bengals where smart which they are not they would trade down and draft WKU OL Forrest Lamp.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    If the Bengals where smart which they are not they would trade down and draft WKU OL Forrest Lamp.
    It's hard for you to say what a team does as smart or not. Considering were still waiting for the next great RB that you talked about in James Wilder Jr. To take his first nfl snap after 3 years.

    What about you stating that Bengals should draft linebacker Jeff Luc in the first 3 rounds a few years ago, and now not only can he make a team, some teams think he is more of a fullback than linebacker.

    So safe to say your scouting ability is way off, for you to say what a team does or doesn't do is dumb.

  10. #25
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,626

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    It's hard for you to say what a team does as smart or not. Considering were still waiting for the next great RB that you talked about in James Wilder Jr. To take his first nfl snap after 3 years.

    What about you stating that Bengals should draft linebacker Jeff Luc in the first 3 rounds a few years ago, and now not only can he make a team, some teams think he is more of a fullback than linebacker.

    So safe to say your scouting ability is way off, for you to say what a team does or doesn't do is dumb.
    Wilder is playing for the Toronto Argonauts and Luc plays for the Jets.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Wilder is playing for the Toronto Argonauts and Luc plays for the Jets.
    So you mean Wilder who you talked up as this next great running back who can only make practice squads is now in the Canadian football league.

    As for Luc there is a difference in actually playing with the Jets and being on the off season roster with 90 other guys. Especially since he hasn't even been able to hang on to teams practice squads since entering the nfl. That's a pretty far drop for a guy you said the Bengals should draft in the first 3 rounds a few years ago.

  12. #27
    NKY Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    7,164

    No sense in overpaying for any of these three guys. The most valuable may be Dre just because of the skill required.

    The only negative for me is that you now draft a G or T instead of a DE or LB, which is the reason we don't win consistently enough. Can't cover a TE or rush a passer.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,645

    Quote Originally Posted by NKY Bandit View Post
    No sense in overpaying for any of these three guys. The most valuable may be Dre just because of the skill required.

    The only negative for me is that you now draft a G or T instead of a DE or LB, which is the reason we don't win consistently enough. Can't cover a TE or rush a passer.
    To be fair until this last season, rushing the passer was a strength for many years. However, now that definitely is an area of concern and need to get a stronger pass rush with their front four.

    I honestly really liked how TJ Johnson looked last year the last 2 weeks filling in for Boling.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,645

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Are the Bengals really gonna let him walk?
    The Bengals have guys like Eifert and Burfict who will be free agents at the end of this coming season. Which if Eifert can manage to stay healthy, you know he will end up wanting a huge contract. Then same with Burfict if he can get through another year with keeping his head on straight for the most part.

  15. #30
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,626

    Jags, Browns, Colts and Saints are after him.

Top