If Kaepernick Had Punched....

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    If Kaepernick Had Punched....

    Would Kaepernick be in the league today if he had punched his girlfriend?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,040

    I will take the bait, if you are comparing him to Ray Rice then I would say yes, Kap would be in the league.

  3. #3
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,689

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I will take the bait, if you are comparing him to Ray Rice then I would say yes, Kap would be in the league.
    If Kap was a clear value/starter for a team, probably. But my guess is the answer to the question is no. If he were a clear value and upgrade, he would be signed right now. When you are a borderline starter, the side issues can cost you your job. I see Kap as a borderline starter.

  4. #4
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,740

    If Colin Kaepernick did everything he's been doing, but had Russell Wilson's talent, he'd still be in the league starting.

    Kaep is good enough talent-wise to be on an NFL roster. Unfortunately for him, the spotlight that comes with employing him is more than what NFL franchises want to deal with with a backup quality QB.

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,040

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    If Colin Kaepernick did everything he's been doing, but had Russell Wilson's talent, he'd still be in the league starting.

    Kaep is good enough talent-wise to be on an NFL roster. Unfortunately for him, the spotlight that comes with employing him is more than what NFL franchises want to deal with with a backup quality QB.
    I was using Aaron Rodgers in my mind but I don't think you are answering the question.

  6. #6
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,329

    If there was video of him knocking his wife out and dragging her limp body off an elevator, no he would still be in the league. He was not good enough to over come that.

  7. #7
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,740

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I was using Aaron Rodgers in my mind but I don't think you are answering the question.
    Sure I am. If Kaep had Wilson's talent, short of getting sent to jail or suspended by the league, regardless of what he did, he'd still be on a roster and starting.

    As is, he doesn't have the talent to overcome the distractions he brings to the team.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    No.

  9. #9
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,040

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Sure I am. If Kaep had Wilson's talent, short of getting sent to jail or suspended by the league, regardless of what he did, he'd still be on a roster and starting.

    As is, he doesn't have the talent to overcome the distractions he brings to the team.
    This is a hypothetical asking about a different distraction.

  10. #10
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,048

    Just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean there are no consequences. Teans don't want the controversy. I don't blame them.

  11. #11
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    2,028

    I'm guessing this thread has to do with the 49ers not cutting Reuben Foster who was just charged with domestic violence while former 49ers Kaepernick and Reid can't get signed for the anthem.

    A meme I've seen said something to the effect of, Colin Kaepernick kneels for anthem, Can't get signed. Reuben Foster, charged with domestic violence, still on a team.

    I understand the argument about private businesses like NFL teams can choose not to sign players if they feel the distraction out ways the performance on the field BUT, both Reid and Kaep are good enough and better than a lot of guys currently on NFL rosters. The court of public opinion doesn't always get it right either.

  12. #12
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,048

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    I'm guessing this thread has to do with the 49ers not cutting Reuben Foster who was just charged with domestic violence while former 49ers Kaepernick and Reid can't get signed for the anthem.

    A meme I've seen said something to the effect of, Colin Kaepernick kneels for anthem, Can't get signed. Reuben Foster, charged with domestic violence, still on a team.

    I understand the argument about private businesses like NFL teams can choose not to sign players if they feel the distraction out ways the performance on the field BUT, both Reid and Kaep are good enough and better than a lot of guys currently on NFL rosters. The court of public opinion doesn't always get it right either.
    They chose to protest at work. Id lose my job if I protested at work too.

    They have every right to protest. They don't have a right to play in the NFL.

  13. #13
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,580

    The Kaep faux outrage continues I see.

  14. #14
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,213

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    If Colin Kaepernick did everything he's been doing, but had Russell Wilson's talent, he'd still be in the league starting.

    Kaep is good enough talent-wise to be on an NFL roster. Unfortunately for him, the spotlight that comes with employing him is more than what NFL franchises want to deal with with a backup quality QB.



    This over and over. He could be a backup in the league. That being said nobody wants to deal with the media circus that would follow him.

  15. #15
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,255

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    The Kaep faux outrage continues I see.
    What outrage? All I'm seeing is people saying teams don't want the controversy Kaepernick brings based on his obviously limited talent. That's not outrage, faux or otherwise.

Top