How much does this weekend's protests hurt the NFL?

Page 2 of Their product is being called boring through the first few weeks. The increase in protests are causing a negative backlash on social media. Their ratin... 259 comments | 4594 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Atop Meneltarma, in Numenor, looking to the West...
    Posts
    21,712

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Before it was just a player or two. This weekend it was an organized movement against the flag. I disagree with you, it will have an effect. We already saw a hero emerge in Chicago.
    "Against the flag"... good heavens. You guys can't even be bothered to listen to them about the nature of their protests. The Patriotism Police are out in full force and the PC Police have nothing on you folks.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting up NKY way enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,215

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Do you personally know someone that isn't watching NFL games anymore, specifically because of the protests?

    Not because they are annoyed with Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and Andy Dalton, but specifically because players in the NFL are kneeling (none of which are Bengals from what I understand).

    And I agree about the Offensive Lineman for Pittsburgh.
    Yes I do--A couple of very good friends of mine from Indiana (Very passionate Colts' fans) and their families boycotted the NFL this weekend totally due to the "protests" or whatever these players think these actions are. I disagree, as I know several that are scaling back on the NFL, primarily due to these type actions.

    Personally I'm still watching some, but didn't renew our Bengals' tickets this year; although that had more to do with Mike & Marvin being back than the Anthem protests.

  3. #18
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    1,966

    The die hard fans, like myself, will always watch. The casual fans are the ones that will stop from watching.

    It's their right to kneel or protest and it's my right to think they are stupid for doing it.

    Also keep in mind that every time our President goes off on one of these tirades, he always has more support then people assumed he would have had.

  4. #19
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    8,872

    My Sundays last year without protests.. Jags game and redzone after that...

    My Sundays now with protests.. Jags game and redzone after that...

  5. #20
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,315

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It was more an organized movement to show unity against a blowhard that attacked the entire league than it was against the flag. Either way, it's not going to hurt ratings in the slightest.
    I have to agree with this view. There will be a few who will boycott, especially if their favorite team is losing.

  6. #21
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,376

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    I have to agree with this view. There will be a few who will boycott, especially if their favorite team is losing.
    Yep. You won't see Chiefs fans boycotting, but I bet you hear of Bengals fans or 49ers fans boycotting.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,933

    Since the NFL is condoning the players protest of the flag, I see this escalating. I can even see Trump threatening the leagues anti-trust exemption.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,136

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    "Against the flag"... good heavens. You guys can't even be bothered to listen to them about the nature of their protests. The Patriotism Police are out in full force and the PC Police have nothing on you folks.
    Couldn't agree with this post more. I also wonder how many of those that don't feel Confederate Flag flying is a problem, and wish to see Confederate statues continue to stand prominently in public are also part of this rabid, anti-kneelers, protect and honor the flag group, which when you think about it, would be pretty ironic.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    685

    It personally ticks me off that these players are doing this. But Im not not watching bc of it, im not watching bc to me every NFL game is pretty much the same, the Bengals are being very Bengal like and with three little ones the Boss pretty much kills any notion of wasting beautiful Sundays on the couch. Ill most certainly keep listening on the radio bc I am old school and love listening to sports on the radio.

    Also I made a pact with the Boss, "Give me Saturdays in the fall and you can have the other 6 days". Ill take college over pro football 10 out of 10 times

  10. #25
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,649

    The American Flag and National Anthem are now divisive items in America. Is there anything Americans can be unified on? Everything and every person in America is being damaged and denigrated today, so why should the NFL be exempt?

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,933

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    The American Flag and National Anthem are now divisive items in America. Is there anything Americans can be unified on? Everything and every person in America is being damaged and denigrated today, so why should the NFL be exempt?
    A united America isn't possible when half the population is taught that they are victims, they have no hope, and their country is to blame.

  12. #27
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,649

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    A united America isn't possible when half the population is taught that they are victims, they have no hope, and their country is to blame.
    America has never been united. There have always been opposition forces and opinions. That is no different today than it was in 1776. What has been lost is respect for the opinions of the opposition and even more so for our leaders and institutions.

  13. #28
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,903

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Does anyone know anybody personally that isn't watching the NFL because guys are kneeling? I don't.

    I personally don't care if players stand, kneel, hang out in the lockerroom. I just care if my fantasy players beat their projections.

    NFL ratings being down has more to do with the Red Zone, Cord Cutters, and people's teams being bad.
    I donít know a single person who isnít watching because of it. The games this weekend were awesome by the way. Much better than the first two weeks.

  14. #29
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,903

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    My Facebook feed had multiple people bashing the NFL and more than a few who said that they done with the NFL, they were going out on Sundays, and watching or playing golf.
    Check back in 5 weeks when it’s 45 degrees outside on Sunday.

  15. #30
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,903

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    A united America isn't possible when half the population is taught that they are victims, they have no hope, and their country is to blame.
    Or when you have a President trying to drive a wedge between the population. That kinda hurts.

Top