How long before Jerry Jones is shoved out the NFL door?

  1. #1
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    I've just pushed some people and run away
    Posts
    19,239

    How long before Jerry Jones is shoved out the NFL door?

    With all the drama with Jerry Jones over Roger Goodell's contract extension, stating that he will sue the NFL if Goodell is extended, and making making most of the NFL owners pretty upset over this including Atlanta Falcons owner, Arthur Blank.

    He only has 3 super bowls rings and his team, hasn't won a superbowl in 20 years.

    So my question is, how long before the NFL shoves Jerry Jones out the door? Also, how in the world is Dallas Cowboys' "America's Team" ?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    9,823

    When he's carried down the aisle of a church in a casket.

  3. #3
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,743

    Never underestimate Jerry's sway with the other owners. He has a lot of clout.

  4. #4
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    59,114

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    With all the drama with Jerry Jones over Roger Goodell's contract extension, stating that he will sue the NFL if Goodell is extended, and making making most of the NFL owners pretty upset over this including Atlanta Falcons owner, Arthur Blank.

    He only has 3 super bowls rings and his team, hasn't won a superbowl in 20 years.

    So my question is, how long before the NFL shoves Jerry Jones out the door? Also, how in the world is Dallas Cowboys' "America's Team" ?
    Because America is gullible.

    The whole America's team thing is why I openly root against them. I felt all warm and fuzzy last night.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,597

    I don't know the answer to the thread question but I have to admit I CANNOT WAIT to see how this plays out. This is war between Jerry and Roger..."made to see TV IMO"...the next Hard Knocks should be about this!!!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    509

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    With all the drama with Jerry Jones over Roger Goodell's contract extension, stating that he will sue the NFL if Goodell is extended, and making making most of the NFL owners pretty upset over this including Atlanta Falcons owner, Arthur Blank.

    He only has 3 super bowls rings and his team, hasn't won a superbowl in 20 years.

    So my question is, how long before the NFL shoves Jerry Jones out the door? Also, how in the world is Dallas Cowboys' "America's Team" ?
    You might want to re-phrase that.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    509

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    When he's carried down the aisle of a church in a casket.
    Right...and then it will go to his son

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    1,002

    Jerry’s team hasn’t been relevant since the late 90s but the way he is out there and marketing his team he makes them socially relevant enough to put butts in the seats and radio to talk about him. He like numerous owners need to accept that time has caught up with them and move on. Ego a greed won’t aloow it

  9. #9
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,229

    I don't feel Jones is a HOF'er but if he can push Goodell out of office I say make a second bust of the old razorback.

  10. #10
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,743

    Jerry has manipulated this situation with Elliott to a high degree, to be sure. But the delaying tactics for his suspension seem to have backfired, what with Dallas at 5-5 and needing a lot of help to get back into playoff contention.

    Jerry would have been better off taking the suspension early and playing the victim role to the hilt if the Starboys tanked early with Elliott out he'd had a much better case at unseating him with sympathy from fellow owners. Elliott's played most of the season this year and Dallas is still a middling team (like most every other team in the NFL these days) and on the outside of the playoff picture with little hope in sight unless Tyron Smith gets real healthy real fast. There's your league MVP.

  11. #11
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,661

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Never underestimate Jerry's sway with the other owners. He has a lot of clout.
    I was listening to some of our clubhouse members talk about the battle between Jones and Goodell and a statement was made that seemed far fetched to me. One of the fellows said the entire NFL was worth 9 billion dollars and that the Dallas Cowboys franchise made up 4 billion of that total.
    If that’s true it’s no wonder Jerry carries so much clout in the league.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    509

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I was listening to some of our clubhouse members talk about the battle between Jones and Goodell and a statement was made that seemed far fetched to me. One of the fellows said the entire NFL was worth 9 billion dollars and that the Dallas Cowboys franchise made up 4 billion of that total.
    If that’s true it’s no wonder Jerry carries so much clout in the league.
    The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in sports at around $4 billion, that part is correct. There's no way that number on the NFL is correct.

  13. #13
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,661

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in sports at around $4 billion, that part is correct. There's no way that number on the NFL is correct.
    I’m an idiot for even posting something that stupid before checking it out. Just read that the NFL is worth $75 billion. The average worth of an NFL franchise is $2.5 billion.

  14. #14
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    59,114

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Jerry has manipulated this situation with Elliott to a high degree, to be sure. But the delaying tactics for his suspension seem to have backfired, what with Dallas at 5-5 and needing a lot of help to get back into playoff contention.

    Jerry would have been better off taking the suspension early and playing the victim role to the hilt if the Starboys tanked early with Elliott out — he'd had a much better case at unseating him with sympathy from fellow owners. Elliott's played most of the season this year and Dallas is still a middling team (like most every other team in the NFL these days) and on the outside of the playoff picture with little hope in sight unless Tyron Smith gets real healthy real fast. There's your league MVP.
    This times 1,000. Can't understand why he didn't do it.

    5-5. 242 points scored, 242 points allowed. As Stephen A. would say - a walking piece of mediocrity.

  15. #15
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    59,114

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I was listening to some of our clubhouse members talk about the battle between Jones and Goodell and a statement was made that seemed far fetched to me. One of the fellows said the entire NFL was worth 9 billion dollars and that the Dallas Cowboys franchise made up 4 billion of that total.
    If that’s true it’s no wonder Jerry carries so much clout in the league.
    Hanging around the 19th hole will produce that kind of statement.

Top