Giants bench Eli Manning

Page 6 of I can see why...just surprised it actually happened. Giants bench Eli Manning, Geno Smith will start on Sunday Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 84 comments | 1224 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,617

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Id say Eli is mentally done with the Giants at this point.
    I don't think so. I won't be surprised either way but if McAdoo is gone, I could see Eli come back.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    18,185

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    I'm picking Eli over Bortles to be my quarterback any day of the week. Heck, I'd take Eli over half the guys in the league, and in reality over all but about 10. But he isn't and he's never been one of the top 4 or 5 guys in the league. That's all I'm saying. I understand you're a fan, and he's directed your team to a couple Super Bowl wins.
    Im in the same camp as you about Eli. Ive always felt Eli was on average Giants teams at best, even the SB years.

  3. #78
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    18,185

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    I don't think so. I won't be surprised either way but if McAdoo is gone, I could see Eli come back.
    I couldnt fault him for doing either.

  4. #79
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,617

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Im in the same camp as you about Eli. Ive always felt Eli was on average Giants teams at best, even the SB years.
    The Giants best team under Eli didn't win a super bowl imo. They were 10-1 in 2008 before Plax shot himself and ruined the season. They beat both super bowl participants and had a good shot at another super bowl run.

    That team was dominant before the shooting.

    The super bowl team in 07 was good, but very good at the right time.

    The 2011 team was mostly Eli and Cruz/Nicks making up for a terrible defense. The defense got hot in the playoffs and that helped them take down Rodgers and Green Bay in Lambeau, and eventually Brady again in the super bowl. But while the defense was great in those playoffs, Eli was even better. He played his best that year imo.

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    885

    I listen to Dan PAtrick pretty religiously. I like the show, but I just cant wrap my head around the fact that he has referred to Eli as a future hall of famer. All they can bring up is the two superbowl championships. For me he is a good quarterback who was very fortunate in the first one. If all it takes is to have to titles to your name why isnt Jim Plunkett in? He threw far less than Eli.

  6. #81
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,617

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Ed View Post
    I listen to Dan PAtrick pretty religiously. I like the show, but I just cant wrap my head around the fact that he has referred to Eli as a future hall of famer. All they can bring up is the two superbowl championships. For me he is a good quarterback who was very fortunate in the first one. If all it takes is to have to titles to your name why isnt Jim Plunkett in? He threw far less than Eli.
    He's top 10 all time in a few statistics categories and he was MVP of both of those super bowls. Only a handful of people that have ever walked the earth can say that.

    He is also the best QB to ever play for a storied franchise with 4 super bowls and several NFL Championships.

    Isn't the ultimate goal championships? He was fortunate in both super bowls. Almost every winner is lucky in some way. He also made several key plays that helped win both games.

  7. #82
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    19,507

    He's number 7 all time in yards and TD's and has 2 super bowls. And it's not like he was Brad Johnson in those super bowls. Is it really a discussion whether or not he's a HOF'er?

  8. #83
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,617

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    He's number 7 all time in yards and TD's and has 2 super bowls. And it's not like he was Brad Johnson in those super bowls. Is it really a discussion whether or not he's a HOF'er?
    Also top 10 in completions and has second longest streak for starts by a QB behind Favre...

    Also one of only 5 players EVER to win multiple super bowl MVPs

    Bart Starr
    Terry Bradshaw
    Joe Montana
    Tom Brady
    Eli Manning

  9. #84
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    39,377

    Never have been a fan.

  10. #85
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    61,371

    And the interim HC has said Eli will be their starter...

Top