Denver Broncos

  1. #1
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,817

    Denver Broncos

    Vance Joseph is a possible candidate to be hired as the head coach. I have met him twice and he is a great guy I hope he gets the job.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    afi100guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    5 Guys, not just a restaurant name anymore!!
    Posts
    2,574

    Joseph announced as new coach earlier this afternoon.

  3. #3
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,072

    This is a good hire.

    This is what I have been saying why I don't like the Rooney Rule.

    If a owner or GM thinks a person is good enough then they hire them, regardless of color. Only color that counts in NFL is green and only wins count.

    You shouldn't have to interview someone just because of race or to say that you interviewed a person of race. Just hire who you think can do it.

    Elway thought he was the man and he hired him.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,680

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    This is a good hire.

    This is what I have been saying why I don't like the Rooney Rule.

    If a owner or GM thinks a person is good enough then they hire them, regardless of color. Only color that counts in NFL is green and only wins count.

    You shouldn't have to interview someone just because of race or to say that you interviewed a person of race. Just hire who you think can do it.

    Elway thought he was the man and he hired him.
    I think it is a good rule. Yeah sometimes its a formality because a team may actually already know who they want, and are just interviewing because of the rule. However sometimes because of the rule, it gives someone a chance that may not have had that opportunity and they could blow it out of the water during that interview and get the job. Or at the very least, it does allow a person to go through the process of the interview. Which would help them in the future for when and if they get another interview to be a head coach.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,680

    By all accounts this is a very good hire. Everyone has always spoke very highly of the job he has done.

  6. #6
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,072

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I think it is a good rule. Yeah sometimes its a formality because a team may actually already know who they want, and are just interviewing because of the rule. However sometimes because of the rule, it gives someone a chance that may not have had that opportunity and they could blow it out of the water during that interview and get the job. Or at the very least, it does allow a person to go through the process of the interview. Which would help them in the future for when and if they get another interview to be a head coach.
    I disagree respectfully.
    A team already knows before an interview who they want.

  7. #7
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,570

    Former Bengals assistants are all over the place now. Who wins a playoff game first, Marvin of one of his assistants?

  8. #8
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Uniendo Los Toros
    Posts
    26,855

    I wonder if Wade Phillips will retire or where he'll end up and the next great defense in the NFL will be.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,680

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    I disagree respectfully.
    A team already knows before an interview who they want.
    Joseph interviewed so well two years ago, when they interviewed him for the head coaching job that they almost hired him that year before Kubiak became available. Him going through that interview process 2 years ago made him stand out so much, that they knew he was who they wanted this go around.

    So yes the rule helped him, because the rule helped him get that interview a few years ago. When he may not have gotten it since he had never even been a coordinator at that point yet. However that rule helped grant him that interview and he stood out because of it. Which just helped land him that job this time around.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,680

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I wonder if Wade Phillips will retire or where he'll end up and the next great defense in the NFL will be.
    Joseph worked under Wade back when they were with the Texans 3 years ago. So he may keep Wade.

  11. #11
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    19,695

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Former Bengals assistants are all over the place now. Who wins a playoff game first, Marvin of one of his assistants?
    Assistant

  12. #12
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,570

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Assistant
    Which one?

  13. #13
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    19,695

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Which one?
    all of them. LOL

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,680

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Assistant
    So far the assistants and recent players who have left all have also continued to lose their first playoff games. Zimmer and Gruden last year. Joseph as the DC in Miami lost. Players Marvin Jones, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall all lost 1st games. Sanu has a bye but if they lose this weekend he also doesn't have any playoff wins still.

    The Bengals curse follows players and coaches.

Top