Denver 20 New England 18 (AFC Championship)

Page 2 of Originally Posted by littleluck55 Gronk and Brady sure made it interesting at the end. Denver defense looked great like they have all year. Brady had a... 56 comments | 2156 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Brady had no shot. That o line is atrocious. Credit to the Denver D for revealing how bad it was.

    Gost is as automatic as they make em. He picked the wrong time to have a glitch.

    Belichick made a few questionable decisions. Should've kicked the FG early in the 4th.

    Both defenses were great.

    More my own personal beef than anything, but the narrative that Manning led the Broncos to the SB is sad. They got there because of the defense and in spite of the old lame duck under center.

    Just disappointing end to a heck of a season. On to the next one.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    The o-line is what killed the Patriots today. Brady had roughly 1 second to throw most of the day. No one can be successful like that.

  3. #18
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,960

    I hate Peyton Manning.

    There, I said it.

    Brady had no chance today and still almost pulled it off.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Crescent Springs, KY
    Posts
    568

    I respect Manning. He's a very humble guy. Brady was the GOAT before the first game of the season though.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,163

    Pretty simple. block DeMarcus Ware and you win. That line was way too much for the Pats. I'd love to see Peyton win won for his swan song.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I am a big Pats fan and wish they would have won but I cannot help but be happy for Peyton. They have a shot in any game with that defense. New England's offensive line injuries finally caught up with them. Their O line was absolutely whipped by Denver's D line...no contest.

    Feel bad for Gostkowski. He is such a great kicker...to miss that EP in the first half which ended up costing them from going to OT...he will think about that for a LONG time...
    Belichek going for it on 4th and 1 with 4 1/2 to go was a bigger error. Kick the field goal and get the ball back

  7. #22
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    Pretty simple. block DeMarcus Ware and you win. That line was way too much for the Pats. I'd love to see Peyton win won for his swan song.
    Ware is very hard to block, so the officials did not need to allow him to line up offsides on virtually every down today. I couldn't believe that he didn't get called once.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,163

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    Ware is very hard to block, so the officials did not need to allow him to line up offsides on virtually every down today. I couldn't believe that he didn't get called once.
    Maybe because he really wasn't. Jeez that all you have.

  9. #24
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    Maybe because he really wasn't. Jeez that all you have.
    I didn't really care who won, but they show a blue line that represents the line of scrimmage and he was lined up on it or had his hand all the way across it almost every play. I'm not sure if they could have blocked him anyway, but every other player was lined up behind the line.

  10. #25
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post

    More my own personal beef than anything, but the narrative that Manning led the Broncos to the SB is sad. They got there because of the defense and in spite of the old lame duck under center.
    Manning played ok, at least in the first half, but Miller and Ware led the Broncos to the Super Bowl.

  11. #26
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    10,079

    All these shots at Manning , but the Brady fans don't mention Brady didn't lead the Pats to the first two Super Bowls either and the defense did.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Much as I anticipated, the home field was just enough to help Denver to the win. Looked like they took all advantage away from the Oline in key situations.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,952

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Brady had no shot. That o line is atrocious. Credit to the Denver D for revealing how bad it was.

    Gost is as automatic as they make em. He picked the wrong time to have a glitch.

    Belichick made a few questionable decisions. Should've kicked the FG early in the 4th.

    Both defenses were great.

    More my own personal beef than anything, but the narrative that Manning led the Broncos to the SB is sad. They got there because of the defense and in spite of the old lame duck under center.

    Just disappointing end to a heck of a season. On to the next one.
    This season for Manning is very similar to the first Super bowl for Brady, mainly getting it done because of defense and special teams that first time for Brady. Now Manning is having that same help around him for the first time on the defensive side.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Manning made some throws today but he's going to have to get by on his experience in the Super Bowl. Don't think his arm is going to worry anyone.

  15. #30
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,928

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    Pretty simple. block DeMarcus Ware and you win. That line was way too much for the Pats. I'd love to see Peyton win won for his swan song.
    Seemed like Von Miller reeked just as much havoc.

Top