Demaryius Thomas Set to Be Released by Texans

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    640

    Demaryius Thomas Set to Be Released by Texans

    The Texans cut Demaryius Thomas who was dominate for a while with the Broncos and traded to Houston last year. He should come cheap since he's coming off injury. Is this someone the Bengals should kick the tires on just to see what tread is left? A third reliable option besides Green and Boyd?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    640

    Actually reports are now that he is expected to be released, and has not been yet. If a mod could fix that, please.

  3. #3
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,136

    Got it.

  4. #4
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,704

    I wouldn't mind seeing him. I think he still has some left and could be a nice asset for the Bengals alonside AJ.

  5. #5
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,704

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him. I think he still has some left and could be a nice asset for the Bengals alonside AJ.
    Forgot he tore his achilles. Maybe scratch what I said.

  6. #6
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,806

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Forgot he tore his achilles. Maybe scratch what I said.
    I was about to say....

    I’m not certain he’ll ever play another down in the NFL.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,610

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWyngz View Post
    The Texans cut Demaryius Thomas who was dominate for a while with the Broncos and traded to Houston last year. He should come cheap since he's coming off injury. Is this someone the Bengals should kick the tires on just to see what tread is left? A third reliable option besides Green and Boyd?
    No thanks. He was already losing a step and not producing at the same level anymore. Now that he is coming off an very severe injury, it's just not worth it. Let Zac Taylor see if he can get anything out of John Ross first.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    640

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    No thanks. He was already losing a step and not producing at the same level anymore. Now that he is coming off an very severe injury, it's just not worth it. Let Zac Taylor see if he can get anything out of John Ross first.
    I agree on losing a step, and wouldn't want to give up on Ross either, but he hasn't exactly been playing with the best of QB's recently either. Of course you could make the same argument that Peyton Manning skewed his early results.

    I just think back to the last couple of seasons when everyone thought Anquan Bolden was done, and he was a solid contributor and looked like a slug at times.

  9. #9
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,601

    John Ross is a soft wimp. I don't know if Taylor can fix that.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,610

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    John Ross is a soft wimp. I don't know if Taylor can fix that.
    That very well may be true. However having a coach who might try to instill confidence in him may help. Rather than basically never playing him again after a fumble on his first touch his rookie season. Either way this is a make or break year for Ross.

  11. #11
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,601

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    That very well may be true. However having a coach who might try to instill confidence in him may help. Rather than basically never playing him again after a fumble on his first touch his rookie season. Either way this is a make or break year for Ross.
    Come on. You have seen enough of Ross to add more than that. He is the softest receiver I have ever seen. I would have zero confidence throwing time him if I were his QB.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,610

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Come on. You have seen enough of Ross to add more than that. He is the softest receiver I have ever seen. I would have zero confidence throwing time him if I were his QB.
    The td catch he had against the Ravens where he jumped over the guy and wrestled the ball away from the DB and holding on to it still. Gives me some confidence that maybe he can be more than what he has shown. Or maybe it was just a lucky play lol.

  13. #13
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,601

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    The td catch he had against the Ravens where he jumped over the guy and wrestled the ball away from the DB and holding on to it still. Gives me some confidence that maybe he can be more than what he has shown. Or maybe it was just a lucky play lol.
    Yes, that one was a pleasant surprise.

  14. #14
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    3,206

    I think Ross improved this year. I want to keep him.

  15. #15
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    42,248

    I hope he gets picked up and then has a good season.

Top