Deflategate findings released

Page 5 of Originally Posted by PurplePride92 Randy>Jerry I could have won money betting this post was coming... 156 comments | 4588 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,486

    Which is a worse offense by Brady - involvement in deflating the footballs or the cover up (lack of honesty, lack of cooperation)?
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Loved Gronk's answer.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Which is a worse offense by Brady - involvement in deflating the footballs or the cover up (lack of honesty, lack of cooperation)?
    Neither. How does anyone know that he told McNally to deflate the footballs below the league limits. They are allowed to take air out of the footballs if they have too much in them.

  4. #64
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,564

    Here is the report. A lot of the text message stuff begins on page 75. Some explicit language in some of the texts: https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/...ellsreport.pdf

  5. #65
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,120

    Quote Originally Posted by Djason Unchained View Post
    I don't guess there are more facts. That's my point. We have a 200+ page report and the answer is "more probable than not". To me that's not enough to punish anyone with if they are done.
    I heard someone say yesterday that was a "Legal" term that basically said "by a preponderance of the evidence" it's not as wishy washy as it sounds.

  6. #66
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,564

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Is it not a part of the Deflategate findings? Why would we need a new thread for it?
    No clue what you are talking about. You say no person is discussing it, I suggest you start a thread to discuss it. It's a legit question.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I heard someone say yesterday that was a "Legal" term that basically said "by a preponderance of the evidence" it's not as wishy washy as it sounds.
    Could be but I have never heard of anyone being convicted based on "more probable than not." I've always thought there is guilty, innocent, mistrial and acquittals. Never heard of "more probable than not." I know little about the legal system though.

  8. #68
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    Quote Originally Posted by Djason Unchained View Post
    Could be but I have never heard of anyone being convicted based on "more probable than not." I've always thought there is guilty, innocent, mistrial and acquittals. Never heard of "more probable than not." I know little about the legal system though.
    Supposedly it meets the standard for proof in civil lawsuits. It still isn't definitive fact though.

    Brady's agent just eviscerated Wells and the report. The main point he made that I found interesting is that they interviewed/interrogated Brady for an entire day, and nothing from that made it into the report. Seems odd, no?

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Tom Brady's agent said Brady did cooperate with the investigation. Says he has Tom's interview verbatim.

    Tom Brady's agent says Wells report is 'significant and terrible disappointment'

  10. #70
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,220

    It'll be interesting to see the difference in discipline that the league hands out to Brady and Luck. Both were using under-inflated footballs after all.

    Love the officials explanation of why they tested all of the Patriots footballs, but only 4 (3 of which were under the minimum PSI) of the Colts..."We were running out of time before the start of the 2nd half."

  11. #71
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,564

    Those fixated on just one game are missing the bigger picture. Now other teams may be equally as guilty and 31 other Ted Wells' reports could be generated, which is why I am not expecting the hammer being administered.

  12. #72
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,498

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the difference in discipline that the league hands out to Brady and Luck. Both were using under-inflated footballs after all.

    Love the officials explanation of why they tested all of the Patriots footballs, but only 4 (3 of which were under the minimum PSI) of the Colts..."We were running out of time before the start of the 2nd half."
    The fact that the Colts balls were under inflated definitely lends to the argument that it was just nature being nature.

  13. #73
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,069

    Quote Originally Posted by Djason Unchained View Post
    Could be but I have never heard of anyone being convicted based on "more probable than not." I've always thought there is guilty, innocent, mistrial and acquittals. Never heard of "more probable than not." I know little about the legal system though.
    A court may find someone "not guilty," but never "innocent."

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    There were no "facts" that Roethlisberger screwed a coed in a bar bathroom either and he was suspended 6 games reduced to 4 upon appeal. Just sayin'.
    Very true. I guess it was more than probable that he did it.

  15. #75
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,486

    Quote Originally Posted by Djason Unchained View Post
    Tom Brady's agent said Brady did cooperate with the investigation. Says he has Tom's interview verbatim.

    Tom Brady's agent says Wells report is 'significant and terrible disappointment'
    Brady and his team need to roll out the 2 minute offense on all media. Information like this can change opinions quickly. They need to hit Twitter and the media with a constant stream of counterattack facts.

Top