Colin Kaepernick Being Investigated for Sexual Assault

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    Colin Kaepernick Being Investigated for Sexual Assault

    Colin Kaepernick Sexual Assault Investigation -- 49ers QB Being Investigated | TMZ.com

    Yeah, I know it's TMZ but still....
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,290

    When are athletes going to learn....No means no.

  3. #3
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,435

    Some people may not like what I'm going to say, but I'm going to say it anyway...

    I am ALWAYS skeptical of these things when they involve athletes. Too many money-hungry people in the world. You're always innocent until proven guilty, but I feel in cases like these (rape, sexual assault) many people jump to conclusions and assume guilt.

  4. #4
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,436

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    TMZ is a very credible news organization.

  5. #5
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    Go Niners smh

  6. #6
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,290

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Some people may not like what I'm going to say, but I'm going to say it anyway...

    I am ALWAYS skeptical of these things when they involve athletes. Too many money-hungry people in the world. You're always innocent until proven guilty, but I feel in cases like these (rape, sexual assault) many people jump to conclusions and assume guilt.
    I guess my thought process is just the opposite.

    I think a lot of these athletes do commit these kinds of crimes, because they've went through life having everything handed to them, and never told no. When they finally are, they don't know how to handle it, and think because of their status, they'll be able to get away with it.

    The truth is most likely a combination of both.

  7. #7
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    As I've discovered recently...some women are heartless and ruthless. I'll never label anyone guilty again without proof.

  8. #8
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,435

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I guess my thought process is just the opposite.

    I think a lot of these athletes do commit these kinds of crimes, because they've went through life having everything handed to them, and never told no. When they finally are, they don't know how to handle it, and think because of their status, they'll be able to get away with it.

    The truth is most likely a combination of both.
    I'm definitely not saying they aren't capable, because the scenario you laid out is very plausible, IMO. I just don't jump to conclusions in these cases, and will almost always lean towards the side of the athlete until proven otherwise.

  9. #9
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,436

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I'm definitely not saying they aren't capable, because the scenario you laid out is very plausible, IMO. I just don't jump to conclusions in these cases, and will almost always lean towards the side of the athlete until proven otherwise.
    Everytime.

    I may be naive but I have a hard time believing a rape or sexual assault that takes place can't be proven.

  10. #10
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,435

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Everytime.

    I may be naive but I have a hard time believing a rape or sexual assault that takes place can't be proven.
    Agreed. Especially if reported immediately.

  11. #11
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,265

    Fame doesn't mean free.

  12. #12
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,203

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I guess my thought process is just the opposite.

    I think a lot of these athletes do commit these kinds of crimes, because they've went through life having everything handed to them, and never told no. When they finally are, they don't know how to handle it, and think because of their status, they'll be able to get away with it.

    The truth is most likely a combination of both.
    If we assume the negative I would argue it is more about power and control than thinking they will get away with it.

    All things being equal I tend to lean towards women running game on professional athletes for a civil settlement.

    And in this specific case, there really isn't much to the article other than the inference the players were smoking pot. Add to that she said her and Kaepernick have hooked up in the past. Finally, although the title of the thread appears to be technically correct, on the surface it sounds really unfair to Kaepernick.

  13. #13
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,435

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Add to that she said her and Kaepernick have hooked up in the past.
    Makes her case even less convincing on the surface.

  14. #14
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,290

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    If we assume the negative I would argue it is more about power and control than thinking they will get away with it.

    All things being equal I tend to lean towards women running game on professional athletes for a civil settlement.

    And in this specific case, there really isn't much to the article other than the inference the players were smoking pot. Add to that she said her and Kaepernick have hooked up in the past. Finally, although the title of the thread appears to be technically correct, on the surface it sounds really unfair to Kaepernick.
    The fact that they've hooked up in the past is irrelevant to the present and the case.

  15. #15
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,203

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    The fact that they've hooked up in the past is irrelevant to the present and the case.
    You couldn't be more wrong.

Top