Chiefs agree to trade QB Alex Smith to Redskins

Page 2 of WHAT? Chiefs agree to trade Alex Smith to Redskins Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 30 comments | 1592 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,533

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I’m curious to see where Cousins lands. The talk is he is going to be the highest paid player in the league wherever he signs, which just seems ridiculous. I know he needs to follow the money, but I’m doing everything I can to get into John Elways ear if I’m Cousins.
    The Browns.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I’m curious to see where Cousins lands. The talk is he is going to be the highest paid player in the league wherever he signs, which just seems ridiculous. I know he needs to follow the money, but I’m doing everything I can to get into John Elways ear if I’m Cousins.
    New England if Brady retires.

  3. #18
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I’m curious to see where Cousins lands. The talk is he is going to be the highest paid player in the league wherever he signs, which just seems ridiculous. I know he needs to follow the money, but I’m doing everything I can to get into John Elways ear if I’m Cousins.
    Jets or Broncos would be my guess.

    I think NYJ could be a playoff contender next season if they get a decent QB.

  4. #19
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,907

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    New England if Brady retires.

  5. #20
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,907

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Jets or Broncos would be my guess.

    I think NYJ could be a playoff contender next season if they get a decent QB.
    I agree. I think both places have the ability pay him whatever he wants and give a chance to make the playoffs.

  6. #21
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,391

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    This isn't a move geared towards 2018. They know they have no shot right now. Might as well try to improve for the future.
    I think Mahomes is better than Alex Smith. They got a great D, and top 3 RB and TE in the league and a special weapon in Hill. This team can win right now.

  7. #22
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I think Mahomes is better than Alex Smith. They got a great D, and top 3 RB and TE in the league and a special weapon in Hill. This team can win right now.
    He may be, but there's really no evidence to support that yet. The big plus with Smith is he didn't make mistakes. Mahomes will definitely experience his share of miscues and growing pains next season.

  8. #23
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,391

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    He may be, but there's really no evidence to support that yet. The big plus with Smith is he didn't make mistakes. Mahomes will definitely experience his share of miscues and growing pains next season.
    Much better arm that can stretch the field and a great supporting cast on Offense and Defense. To say they have no shot is just silly. This team could easily win their division.

  9. #24
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    Much better arm that can stretch the field and a great supporting cast on Offense and Defense. To say they have no shot is just silly. This team could easily win their division.
    I said they had no shot against the likes of Jax, Pitt or NE. Which is true.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,816

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I think Mahomes is better than Alex Smith. They got a great D, and top 3 RB and TE in the league and a special weapon in Hill. This team can win right now.
    I tend to agree. I don't know who is better right now, Mahomes or Smith. From what I have heard though, Andy Reid believes the Chiefs are better with Mahomes going forward. I think Reid LOVES Mahomes and thinks he is the real deal...will be interesting to see...

  11. #26
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,391

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I said they had no shot against the likes of Jax, Pitt or NE. Which is true.
    You did not specify. You simply said “no shot”. Not many thought the Eagles could get to the Super Bowl with Foles, yet here they are. Bottom line, if you get to the playoffs, you have a shot.

  12. #27
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,699

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    The Browns.
    Browns certainly have the cap space and the need but Cousins said he's already made a lot of money in his career, now the priority is on winning. I think he wants to go to a contender.

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    New England if Brady retires.
    Yeah, they aren't going to pay him.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,791

    The Cheifs realized what I wish the Bengals realized about Dalton. Alex Smith is not a qb who was going to be a guy who could get them over the top. Results proved that, just like we seen with Dalton. However instead of trying again with something they already know. They are moving on to the younger qb in hopes he can eventually lead them places in the future that Smith failed to do.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,791

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I said they had no shot against the likes of Jax, Pitt or NE. Which is true.
    Before we throw Jax in that mix. I want to see how they do next year. This year they snuck up on people. Next year they won't. Plus we will see if they still have that same drive they had This year. I need to see them do it again before putting them up with New England who does it every year.

  15. #30
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Before we throw Jax in that mix. I want to see how they do next year. This year they snuck up on people. Next year they won't. Plus we will see if they still have that same drive they had This year. I need to see them do it again before putting them up with New England who does it every year.
    No, I'm gonna keep Jax there.

Top