Carson Wentz MVP?

  1. #1
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,461

    Carson Wentz MVP?

    I am watching Carson Wentz on Sunday night football. He just made a play and throw that only Aaron Rodgers has a chance of making. He follows that up with a picture perfect TD throw while scrambling. With the success the Eagles are having, Wentz has to be the frontrunner for Player of the Year/MVP in the NFL. How good is Wentz?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,284

    He’s the front runner, he’s a 10-15 year franchise guy w/o a doubt

  3. #3
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,480

    I loved him coming out of college and wanted the Rams to take him instead of Goff. I think Wentz is a star in the making.

    MVP? Not sure

  4. #4
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,094

    With Rodgers out, I think I can comfortably say the only QB in the league who is playing at an equal or higher level than Wentz is Tom Brady. Wentz is a special dude. We all know QBs aren't judged on how they play in the regular season though. He will need to prove it in the playoffs this year.

  5. #5
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,419

    I think the QB of the winning team last night should be strongly considered as well.

    Wentz
    60.7% completion percentage
    3,005 passing yards
    29 passing TDs
    6 INTs
    283 yards rushing
    0 rushing TDs

    Wilson
    62.4% completion percentage
    3,256 passing yards
    26 TDs
    8 INTs
    432 rushing yards
    3 rushing TDs

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,016

    Wentz has had a great year, and should be on the shortlist of possible MVP's, especially if the Eagles can finish strong. I was really disappointed last night with the Eagles last night though. They played very conservative and the coaching staff seemed very tight, which goes against everything they've done this year.

    Right now, though, Russell Wilson would be my MVP. He simply carries the Hawks offensively. Wentz has a great running game that takes a lot of pressure off of him.

  7. #7
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,715

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I think the QB of the winning team last night should be strongly considered as well.

    Wentz
    60.7% completion percentage
    3,005 passing yards
    29 passing TDs
    6 INTs
    283 yards rushing
    0 rushing TDs

    Wilson
    62.4% completion percentage
    3,256 passing yards
    26 TDs
    8 INTs
    432 rushing yards
    3 rushing TDs
    I'd have to agree, he really turned it around after the first 4-5 games. I he did have one good game mix in there, but overall struggled early.

  8. #8
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,818

    I wouldn't throw Jared Goff out yet.


    62.2% completion percentage
    3,184 passing yards
    20 TDs
    6 INTs
    Rating 98.4
    55 rushing yards
    1 rushing TDs

  9. #9
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    15,990

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    Wentz has had a great year, and should be on the shortlist of possible MVP's, especially if the Eagles can finish strong. I was really disappointed last night with the Eagles last night though. They played very conservative and the coaching staff seemed very tight, which goes against everything they've done this year.

    Right now, though, Russell Wilson would be my MVP. He simply carries the Hawks offensively. Wentz has a great running game that takes a lot of pressure off of him.
    Bias aside, I agree on Wilson. He runs around and makes plays he has no business making with almost no protection. Any other QB would have a hard time not getting sacked on almost every dropback with the small window of protection Russell is given. He's responsible for almost every yard the team has gotten this year, with no run game to support him. His career will be shorter than it should've been because of the work he has to do on almost every single dropback to get away from the defender who goes untouched to hit him.

  10. #10
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,853

    It's Wilson.

  11. #11
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,737

    Wentz and Wilson have been great, but there's this guy in New England named Tom Brady....Maybe you all have heard of him? He's the leader in the MVP race right now.

    68.5% completion percentage
    3,632 passing yards
    26 TDs
    4 INTs
    109.7 Rating

  12. #12
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,419

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Bias aside, I agree on Wilson. He runs around and makes plays he has no business making with almost no protection. Any other QB would have a hard time not getting sacked on almost every dropback with the small window of protection Russell is given. He's responsible for almost every yard the team has gotten this year, with no run game to support him. His career will be shorter than it should've been because of the work he has to do on almost every single dropback to get away from the defender who goes untouched to hit him.
    Only other QB that can do what Wilson does, is Aaron Rodgers. I feel like they have a lot of similarities.

  13. #13
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,818

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Wentz and Wilson have been great, but there's this guy in New England named Tom Brady....Maybe you all have heard of him? He's the leader in the MVP race right now.

    68.5% completion percentage
    3,632 passing yards
    26 TDs
    4 INTs
    109.7 Rating
    I think we're talking NFC

  14. #14
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,693

    Quote Originally Posted by coldweatherfan View Post
    I think we're talking NFC
    I think there is only one mvp. They don’t break it down per league like baseball.

  15. #15
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,172

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Bias aside, I agree on Wilson. He runs around and makes plays he has no business making with almost no protection. Any other QB would have a hard time not getting sacked on almost every dropback with the small window of protection Russell is given. He's responsible for almost every yard the team has gotten this year, with no run game to support him. His career will be shorter than it should've been because of the work he has to do on almost every single dropback to get away from the defender who goes untouched to hit him.
    If Wilson can do what he has been doing against the Jags this week and they win I dont see a way he shouldnt win. The Seahawks would be a very medicore team. I'm very excited for this weeks game.

Top