Cam Newton show his.....

Page 7 of ...you decide. Post game interview. https://youtu.be/o8c8BZyfKbg Advertisement Feb 7, 16, 11:47 PM #2 jlow View Profile View Forum Posts Premium M... 104 comments | 4064 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    At 18 we can vote and fight in the war.
    At 21 we can drink
    At what age is a man responsible for his actions? I get the emotions and I played with a lot of emotion, but I got over it when the game was over. And no one paid me 100MM to act like a professional.
    He's responsible for his actions, I'm just not bothered by them and am willing to give him a pass. 26 is young to me and I am willing to be forgiving. That seems to bother you?

    He's not paid 100MM to act like a professional. Have never seen that one even tried to be enforced although it might be nice if it could be.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    33,005

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    I'm not telling others what to do but yes, I'm giving him a pass because he's only 26.

    When did earnings have anything to do with responsibility and maturity? Huge list of athletes, entertainers, corporate leaders and politicians who blow that theory out of the water.
    I am NOT buying the age 26 factor at all. We are talking about a guy who is extremely experienced at the podium doing interviews and in front of cameras. He does that almost as much as he plays football. I am sure he has been coached by agents and coaches and the PR people on how he needs to handle himself. He blew it.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I am NOT buying the age 26 factor at all. We are talking about a guy who is extremely experienced at the podium doing interviews and in front of cameras. He does that almost as much as he plays football. I am sure he has been coached by agents and coaches and the PR people on how he needs to handle himself. He blew it.
    Didn't ask you to.

  4. #94
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    33,005

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    Didn't ask you to.
    I apologize for sharing an opinion.

  5. #95
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    I don't have to conform to what anybody wants. I am my own person. I'm on record as being a sore loser. I hate losing. You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.



    His quote on NFL.com

  6. #96
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,534

    You show me a good loser and I'll show a loser.
    Vince Lombardi...

  7. #97
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    At least he owns it.

  8. #98
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    At least he owns it.
    Honestly, I appreciated his reply.

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,964

    He could have handled the post game better, but its not that big of a deal. I also actually liked his comments today about the press conference.

    However the only thing I didn't like, which I think is a big deal is his comments on why he didn't try to get the fumble because he was afraid of injury? Your team is in the Super Bowl only down six, knowing if the Broncos recover the game is over and you say you didn't want to risk injury and basically conceded the game to the Broncos right there?

    That's bad imo. I think Cam was already not knowing how to handle not playing well and as soon as that Fumble happened he just gave up. I can't help but think if the Panthers were winning by only one possession at that time and were pinned by his own end zone that he would have done whatever he could to get that Fumble to try to preserve the win. However he basically already had a defeated mindset at that time and just gave up as soon as he fumbled even though it was a one possession game. I think that is a bigger problem than his post game interview. I think that shows even more that he doesn't know how to handle things when things go bad. He needs to handle that better because even though most of the game was bad, they still had a shot if they recover that Fumble. Can't just give up like that.

  10. #100
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,050

    The fumble was bad

  11. #101
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,512

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I am NOT buying the age 26 factor at all. We are talking about a guy who is extremely experienced at the podium doing interviews and in front of cameras. He does that almost as much as he plays football. I am sure he has been coached by agents and coaches and the PR people on how he needs to handle himself. He blew it.
    Agree. I believe Russell Wilson was 26 when he lost last year, he was light years ahead of Cam in the maturity department. I'm not a Cam hater, I like the guy. I think he may possibly end up one of if not the best pro QB. I agree with others that if you're going to be the guy that celebrates as much as he does while winning, you have to man up when you lose. You don't have to like losing, but be a man about it.

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    I don't have to conform to what anybody wants. I am my own person. I'm on record as being a sore loser. I hate losing. You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.



    His quote on NFL.com
    Is he PP2's clone?

  13. #103

  14. #104

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,964

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    The fumble was bad
    Then the excuse was even worst imo. I would be willing to bet if they were winning by only one possession and trying to hold on to the lead, that he would have done anything he could to get that ball back. He has rarely failed in his life in football though and at the end of the game imo didn't know how to handle things not going well for him and kind of just gave up as soon as the fumble happened. Which I don't think he does it they were winning trying to hold on to the lead.

  15. #105
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,050

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Then the excuse was even worst imo. I would be willing to bet if they were winning by only one possession and trying to hold on to the lead, that he would have done anything he could to get that ball back. He has rarely failed in his life in football though and at the end of the game imo didn't know how to handle things not going well for him and kind of just gave up as soon as the fumble happened. Which I don't think he does it they were winning trying to hold on to the lead.
    I guess I should have said his attempt to cover the fumble was bad.

Top