Cam Newton show his.....

Page 5 of ...you decide. Post game interview. https://youtu.be/o8c8BZyfKbg Advertisement Feb 7, 16, 11:47 PM #2 jlow View Profile View Forum Posts Premium M... 104 comments | 4064 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    7,331

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    99% of those dudes are cocky. You don't mind as long as you don't hear it? Is that correct?
    That is exactly what I told my wife when she started to complain about it. They all feel it and think it....he just said it out loud!
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    I still don't get why this is such a big deal. When I saw the hubbub on Twitter I thought he must've cussed out a reporter or said something ridiculous about the Broncos. Turns out an emotional guy who just lost the super bowl wasn't happy and didn't feed us enough cliches in response to questions we all knew the answer to.
    It's not a big deal. But when you dance all season while you are winning you should expect some back lash when you act like a baby after you lose.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    "In God we trust- everyone else, keep your hands where I can see 'em!"
    Posts
    4,702

    When I saw this, I felt a little differently about his press conference. Listen to the audio of the Broncos player having his post game presser within ear shot of Cam.


    https://youtu.be/-H7t46cBCzc

  4. #64
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    He did face it didn't he? He came out and answered questions.
    He barely answered any then walked off.

    I don't care what he does, but I can see why it's a story

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    "In God we trust- everyone else, keep your hands where I can see 'em!"
    Posts
    4,702

    I almost feel like it was better for him to walk out than to say something dumb in the heat of the moment.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    I'm not a fan of his antics, just not a style I like. However this is not a big deal as he is young, only 26. He will learn how to deal with these disappointments. I've seen much older adults deal with high school losses in a much more immature manner. And they didn't have the pressure of the media to deal with.

  7. #67
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    He barely answered any then walked off.

    I don't care what he does, but I can see why it's a story
    I guess that's where we disagree. I can see his body language being worth mentioning but the fact is he came out, answered some questions, got out of dodge. How long should he sit and spit out useless answers to useless questions? We all want our athletes to care about their performance and be emotional except when we don't them to be. We expect them to pour their hear and soul into a game like this then just turn it off. I just wonder how anyone of us would fair in front of a mic 30 mins after having the worst day of our career at our job?

    This is all I've heard about since the game ended. Mention it yes...but do so and move on. I just can't get why it's such a huge deal. Not you specifically but in general.

  8. #68
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by born2reign View Post
    I almost feel like it was better for him to walk out than to say something dumb in the heat of the moment.
    And really what the heck are we expecting to get from him? I hate these interviews, they are a waste of time.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    And really what the heck are we expecting to get from him? I hate these interviews, they are a waste of time.
    This is Ground Control to Major Tom
    You've really made the grade
    And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    999

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    That's a lot of chicken parm.
    Throw in $2 mil for the AFC title game win and another $2 mil for the SB win. That makes a total of $19 mil for the year not counting endorsement money.

  11. #71
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,204

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    I can't get it to play here at work , but there's a video on NFL.com that says Chris Harris was having an interview at the same time boasting about the game within earshot I assume. Might have played a role in the attitude.
    It would have with me for sure.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    "In God we trust- everyone else, keep your hands where I can see 'em!"
    Posts
    4,702

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    It would have with me for sure.
    I have a link to the video in post #63

  13. #73
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post

    I guess that's where we disagree. I can see his body language being worth mentioning but the fact is he came out, answered some questions, got out of dodge. How long should he sit and spit out useless answers to useless questions? We all want our athletes to care about their performance and be emotional except when we don't them to be. We expect them to pour their hear and soul into a game like this then just turn it off. I just wonder how anyone of us would fair in front of a mic 30 mins after having the worst day of our career at our job?

    This is all I've heard about since the game ended. Mention it yes...but do so and move on. I just can't get why it's such a huge deal. Not you specifically but in general.
    If he can answer them when he wins, why can't he when he loses?

    He's probably paid to answer those questions, right?

    And no one said he couldn't be emotional, just don't act like a baby.

  14. #74
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,251

    The excuse that he could hear Chris Harris is pretty weak.

    Would he have cared if anyone heard him talking after a win? Did he care when his dancing made people mad after a score?

    I'd rather the excuse be that he was just too upset from the loss. I understand and accept that more than the Harris excuse.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,314

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    I say that he is a mix of Randall Cunningham and Big Ben.
    And Steve Young.

Top