Burfict facing 4 game suspension again

  1. #1
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Burfict facing 4 game suspension again

    Per Adam Schefter, Burfict facing 4 game suspension for violation substance abuse policy for PEDís.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,478

    I need to know what for. This could be 2 different stories based on whether it’s pot or if it’s something that helped him come back from an injury. I’m assuming it’s one of those 2 things.
    Edit:I saw that it’s PED’s so I’m guessing he took something to help him recover from an injury. I’d like to have more information but this sucks.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    142,903

    I have said it before and I will say it again, it is time for the Bengals to move on from Tez.

  4. #4
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,478

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I have said it before and I will say it again, it is time for the Bengals to move on from Tez.
    I’ll still take 12 games from a healthy Burfict than 16 games from an average linebacker. He isn’t a distraction off the field, the locker room loves him, and he’s arguably one of the best linebackers in the league and is probably the most important player on the Bengals D outside of Geno.

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    142,903

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I’ll still take 12 games from a healthy Burfict than 16 games from an average linebacker. He isn’t a distraction off the field, the locker room loves him, and he’s arguably one of the best linebackers in the league and is probably the most important player on the Bengals D outside of Geno.
    Health is an issue too.

    Too many negatives for me.

  6. #6
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,478

    Burfict’s argument is basically that he was on prescribed meds to recover from the concussion and shoulder injury he suffered. The failed test happened after he was already ruled out for the season. He may have a case.

  7. #7
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,478

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Health is an issue too.

    Too many negatives for me.
    Health was really only an issue last year because of a cheap shot

  8. #8
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    He’s only played in just over 50% of the games in the last 4 years. This suspension also voids all the guaranteed money in his contract. If the Bengals want out, they can do it cheap now.

  9. #9
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Burfict’s argument is basically that he was on prescribed meds to recover from the concussion and shoulder injury he suffered. The failed test happened after he was already ruled out for the season. He may have a case.
    Doesn’t any medicine have to be pre-cleared with the league. Doesn’t sound like much of a case.

  10. #10
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,478

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Doesn’t any medicine have to be pre-cleared with the league. Doesn’t sound like much of a case.
    I’m not sure what the protocol is to be honest. My point is simply if it was truly a prescribed drug he may have a case assuming it was the team doctor that prescribed it. I don’t expect that to be the case, but that’s what Burfict’s team is saying.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,181

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I have said it before and I will say it again, it is time for the Bengals to move on from Tez.
    This guy is making the Bengals look bad.

  12. #12
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Iím not sure what the protocol is to be honest. My point is simply if it was truly a prescribed drug he may have a case assuming it was the team doctor that prescribed it. I donít expect that to be the case, but thatís what Burfictís team is saying.
    Marijuana is a prescribed drug. Iím thinking it should have to be approved.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    I will wait till a report comes out that says what he tested positive for. It is absurd that some forms of cold medicine and other common OTC items are considered banned by the NFL.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Burfictís argument is basically that he was on prescribed meds to recover from the concussion and shoulder injury he suffered. The failed test happened after he was already ruled out for the season. He may have a case.
    I agree. This seems like a witch hunt. It wasn't for banned substances, it was for PEDs. IF you are out for the season and are prescribed steroids or something else, you should be ok. I wonder if he didn't release that to the NFL at the time of the prescription or something isn't being reported accurately by Burfict's camp.

  15. #15
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    142,903

    It's always something with Tez...

Top