Buffalo 13 Indianapolis 7

  1. #1
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,994

    Buffalo 13 Indianapolis 7

    No matter what happens this weekend, this was the most compelling game for me (outside of the Sunday Night game). The NFL is usually so predictable, I can't help but be transfixed by games in weird situations like that where the weather basically turns the game into something so anachronistic it looks like football from a century ago.

    And fans celebrating with a snowball throw one guy even made a snowman to sit with him! And players doing snow angels. And that weird XP kick that knuckled like crazy out, and then back in. Fascinating stuff. I'm disappointed nobody did regular updates.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,140

    I watched most of the 4th quarter and OT while on the treadmill at the gym. It made the time go by much more quickly than normal and even got about an extra 18 minutes out of me to see the conclusion.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,148

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    No matter what happens this weekend, this was the most compelling game for me (outside of the Sunday Night game). The NFL is usually so predictable, I can't help but be transfixed by games in weird situations like that where the weather basically turns the game into something so anachronistic it looks like football from a century ago.

    And fans celebrating with a snowball throw — one guy even made a snowman to sit with him! And players doing snow angels. And that weird XP kick that knuckled like crazy out, and then back in. Fascinating stuff. I'm disappointed nobody did regular updates.
    How about those ALL RED uniforms against that white background!

  4. #4
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,994

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    How about those ALL RED uniforms against that white background!
    Loved it. Totally loved it. The Colts are so incompetent they couldn't take advantage of the snow and their white jerseys.

    I still can't get over how much I loved this game between two really sorry teams.

  5. #5
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,994

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    I watched most of the 4th quarter and OT while on the treadmill at the gym. It made the time go by much more quickly than normal and even got about an extra 18 minutes out of me to see the conclusion.
    They played 73 minutes in that game, but because it was basically all runs, it flew by.

  6. #6
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,148

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Loved it. Totally loved it. The Colts are so incompetent they couldn't take advantage of the snow and their white jerseys.

    I still can't get over how much I loved this game between two really sorry teams.
    I loved the color too and I am glad RedZone stuck with that game a lot.

    I hear you, as much as I loved those red uniforms I thought to myself the Bills should be in all white.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    585

    Game of the Week! Agree with Jim, watching them play with snow up to their ankles was great! Ironic that two of the three TD's were passes. Vinatieri's 43 yd extra point was unbelievable.

  8. #8
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,033

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Game of the Week! Agree with Jim, watching them play with snow up to their ankles was great! Ironic that two of the three TD's were passes. Vinatieri's 43 yd extra point was unbelievable.
    That was the most remarkable moment of the game. How he made that I will never know.

  9. #9
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,575

    Watched the OT period after the Vikings game ended. Really fun. And by the time I tuned in it looked like the snow had slowed down from what it was doing earlier in the game.

  10. #10
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    How about the tweet from Andrew Luck...

    Dearest mother —
    The unit has arrived in Buffalo. It is a frozen land. The bison men have been spotted. The men will engage in battle shortly. I hope good fortune shines upon us, because the sun here clearly will not.
    — Andrew


  11. #11
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Colts won 8-7 but game was stolen from them

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    585

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Colts won 8-7 but game was stolen from them
    Really? I just watched the 5 minute clip on nfl.com. Is that what led to the 43 yd XPA?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    585

    As a side note, the new drainage systems on turf fields have all but ruined our opportunities to see a "fun" game in the rain. I remember the old AstroTurf fields would turn into slip and slides and the grass field would be a sloppy mess. It's good to know they can't take away our fun snow games once or twice a year.

  14. #14
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Really? I just watched the 5 minute clip on nfl.com. Is that what led to the 43 yd XPA?
    Colts scored late and went for 2. They converted and were actually done with their celebration and getting ready to head to commercial break. Then, all of a sudden, it was like..."wait, we think there was a flag..." They called offensive pass interference in a foot of snow and took the conversion away. Then they tied with a extra point kick.

  15. #15
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,283

    There were 97 combined rushing attempts in this game: the most since 1981.

Top