Browns' Josh Gordon admits use of drugs or alcohol 'before every game'

  1. #1
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    17,961

    Browns' Josh Gordon admits use of drugs or alcohol 'before every game'

    BEREA, Ohio -- Josh Gordon used drugs or alcohol before every NFL game he played, Gordon told the magazine GQ in an interview released Monday.

    The Browns' wide receiver told GQ he would make taking some substance "a ritual ... before every game."

    Josh Gordon of Cleveland Browns admits use of drugs or alcohol 'before every game'
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,552

    I can't imagine drinking before a game would be a wise decision... I've never smoked pot so I can't comment on that.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    597

    Some athletes play like they are from a different dimension, a different species. Even playing against the best in their profession they simply stand above based on their physical gifts and talent.

    Josh Gordon is one of those athletes.

  4. #4
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,683

    Again why was this guy reinstated?

  5. #5
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,552

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Again why was this guy reinstated?
    Because he's good at football...

  6. #6
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,287

    What would his career have been like had he stayed clean and really focused on his craft. He was already very gifted.

    He could still have a good career, but not HOF like it could have been.

  7. #7
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,763

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    What would his career have been like had he stayed clean and really focused on his craft. He was already very gifted.

    He could still have a good career, but not HOF like it could have been.
    Exactly! He squandered so much. What a shame.

  8. #8
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,552

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    What would his career have been like had he stayed clean and really focused on his craft. He was already very gifted.

    He could still have a good career, but not HOF like it could have been.
    Who knows? The guy played for the Browns. Maybe he would have found a way out of Cleveland and wound up on a team with a QB. But the guy is the only player in NFL history to have back to back 200 yard games playing on a team where there wasn't really anybody else to prepare for. The guy was really good.

  9. #9
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,683

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Because he's good at football...
    How is he good at football? Has he been playing in the backyard beer league or something?

  10. #10
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,552

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    How is he good at football? Has he been playing in the backyard beer league or something?
    Come on man. He was a top 5 receiver in the league 2 years ago. You don't just lose the ability to play.

  11. #11
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,683

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Come on man. He was a top 5 receiver in the league 2 years ago. You don't just lose the ability to play.
    You do if you cant get on the field. Why would he come out with this after just being reinstated? How stupid is he?

  12. #12
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,137

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Again why was this guy reinstated?
    I think because he has come clean and the powers that be thinks he deserves another chance.

  13. #13
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,683

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I think because he has come clean and the powers that be thinks he deserves another chance.
    Another chance for what, another failed pee test. Guy admits hes doped up before games, he wont make it to the first game before failing a test.

  14. #14
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,137

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Another chance for what, another failed pee test. Guy admits hes doped up before games, he wont make it to the first game before failing a test.
    I like the fact that he is getting another chance and I hope you are wrong.

  15. #15
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,552

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    You do if you cant get on the field. Why would he come out with this after just being reinstated? How stupid is he?
    I don't think anyone would think Josh Gordon is a smart dude. But he's a really darn good football player. That's why he got reinstated. Anyone who isn't as talented as him wouldn't have gone through the trouble because no one would sign him anyways. Every team in the league would sign Gordon.

Top