Bengals re-sign Dre Kirkpatrick

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Bengals re-sign Dre Kirkpatrick

    5 years $10 mill a year!!!!
    Holy crud. This franchise proves
    again why they will never win anything big.

    $10 mill a year???!!!!!!

    Merry Christmas Dre. I predict a PI for every million he gets a season.

    I only made
    this thread because I didn't see
    ine made 5 days ago when he signed. Miss you can delete if you like.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,188

    It's only $12M guaranteed.

  3. #3
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    7,742

    No brainer

  4. #4
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,586

    The guaranteed money is all that matters in football, and only $12M guaranteed seems like a pretty good deal to me.

  5. #5
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,646

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    The guaranteed money is all that matters in football, and only $12M guaranteed seems like a pretty good deal to me.
    Average player.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,648

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    5 years $10 mill a year!!!!
    Holy crud. This franchise proves
    again why they will never win anything big.

    $10 mill a year???!!!!!!

    Merry Christmas Dre. I predict a PI for every million he gets a season.

    I only made
    this thread because I didn't see
    ine made 5 days ago when he signed. Miss you can delete if you like.
    Have to disagree with you here. This was a good signing. In fact Dre even said other teams offered him more, he just hates change and likes it here.

    The Bengals had no choice really. With Jones losing a step, possible suspension and or getting Cut. Dennarrd injury prone, and Jackson talented but zero experience. They basically had no choice but to bring him back. While he is frustrating as can be, he has seemed to have gotten better.

    If we let him go, the secondary would be like our o line. Lots of question makes. This defense did finish 11th in the NFL is scoring defense. So bringing most of them back and hopefully adding young talent in the draft, with Billings also being healthy. Should hopefully make it back to being in the top 10 in defense.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,648

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Average player.
    Funny. I feel like we would have gotten a different response from you if he signed with the Steelers. I doubt you say Steelers signed an average player.

  8. #8
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,586

    William Jackson III & Kirkpatrick are the starting CB's?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,648

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    William Jackson III & Kirkpatrick are the starting CB's?
    That is the assumption since Jones will either be suspended to start the year or cut. I think Jackson will end up up being very good. However he will make some mistakes this first year im sure.

  10. #10
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,002

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Funny. I feel like we would have gotten a different response from you if he signed with the Steelers. I doubt you say Steelers signed an average player.
    Why do you take the bait?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,648

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Why do you take the bait?
    Sometimes I need something to keep me occupied when bored lol

  12. #12
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    127,246

    ESPN doesn’t think that’s a good thing. In their assessment of the most underrated and overrated signings of free agency, they believe the deal Kirkpatrick got made him the most overrated signing thus far when taking into consideration all NFL free agency signings.

    ESPN calls Dre Kirkpatrick most overrated NFL free agency signing - Cincy Jungle

  13. #13
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,586

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    ESPN doesn’t think that’s a good thing. In their assessment of the most underrated and overrated signings of free agency, they believe the deal Kirkpatrick got made him the most overrated signing thus far when taking into consideration all NFL free agency signings.

    ESPN calls Dre Kirkpatrick most overrated NFL free agency signing - Cincy Jungle
    I'm not a huge Kirkpatrick fan but I have no problem with the deal at all. It seems like a lot of money for Dre, but as the article states, it'll pale in comparison to the contracts other similarly situated DB's sign over the next 1-3 seasons. Plus, the guaranteed money is reasonable.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    14,667

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    No brainer
    We watch the same player?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,648

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    We watch the same player?
    Do you watch a lot of corners in the NFL? While he is not an elite corner, there are a lot of corners in the NFL he is better than because he has gotten better. Plus with the whole Adam Jones situation, the Bengals basically had no choice but to make sure they locked him up. So it was a no brainer.

    The three years Dre has been a starter or played a lot. The Bengals defense have been in the top 5 in the NFL in holding QB's to the lowest QB ratings in the NFL. They finished 11th in the NFL last year in total passing defense, and they have been in the top 5 in interceptions in the NFL for the last 3 years.

    At the end of the day the Bengals secondary may not be great. However we still have it better than most teams in the NFL. It just seems worst than it is, because we see every Bengals game. We don't see every game of every other team, to realize how much worst it truly could be in the secondary.

Top