Bengals Offseason

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Bengals Offseason

    So far the Bengals have added a linebacker and a left tackle. The Bengals have lost a DE, OT, RB and QB to free agency. I just read they don't plan on resigning Bodine.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Plus Burfict is suspended 4 games.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,086

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    So far the Bengals have added a linebacker and a left tackle. The Bengals have lost a DE, OT, RB and QB to free agency. I just read they don't plan on resigning Bodine.
    Let's add a little more on this. The Bengals added a starting linebacker and offensive tackle. The Bengals lost a backup qb, a backup DE, a backup running back, and a backup tackle who only started at the end of the year due to the starting tackle have a heart effect.

    So basically the only starter they have lost or may lost is Bodine. While they have gained two starters and have over 10 draft picks coming.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Let's add a little more on this. The Bengals added a starting linebacker and offensive tackle. The Bengals lost a backup qb, a backup DE, a backup running back, and a backup tackle who only started at the end of the year due to the starting tackle have a heart effect.

    So basically the only starter they have lost or may lost is Bodine. While they have gained two starters and have over 10 draft picks coming.
    10 draft picks? I remember last year they cut 2 or 3 draft picks.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Bengals are thin at qb, rb, te, ol, lb and db.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,086

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    10 draft picks? I remember last year they cut 2 or 3 draft picks.
    Yep and they had a lot of draft picks last year too. You do realize teams do cut draft picks. The main teams who don't ever cut draft picks are the teams who are flat horrible and need any player they can get.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Best offseason that I can remember. Can't remember when they've lost so little and picked up starters at two needy positions.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,086

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Bengals are thin at qb, rb, te, ol, lb and db.
    Out of that list. Right now backup qb, and OL is the only things you got right.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Out of that list. Right now backup qb, and OL is the only things you got right.
    Rb is super thin so is db and lb.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,086

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Rb is super thin so is db and lb.
    Rb is not thin at all. DB nor that thin. Could use a play making safety. But at the moment their top 3 safeties are back and corner they are solid.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Rb is not thin at all. DB nor that thin. Could use a play making safety. But at the moment their top 3 safeties are back and corner they are solid.
    Hill just signed with the Patriots all they have is Mixon and Bernard.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    3rd and 4th RBs are easy slots to fill at a low cost.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Bengals currently have no starting center or right tackle.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    879

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Bengals currently have no starting center or right tackle.
    That would be a concern if they started the season next month, not in mid March.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Offensive line is definitely the area that they need need to concentrate on!

Top