Bengals Draft

Page 2 of I don't understand why the Bengals draft players that are injuried.... 193 comments | 4778 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,587

    No matter who drafts him today, what does Joe Mixon have to do in his first year before the team starts selling jerseys with his name on them?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Lil Sebastian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    171

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    No matter who drafts him today, what does Joe Mixon have to do in his first year before the team starts selling jerseys with his name on them?
    Absolutely nothing more than be on the 53-man roster. They'll make their money off him and he'll make his money off them. Just the way the league is. That being said, I hope it's not a Bengals jersey being sold with his name on it.

  3. #18
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,637

    The team needs some defensive help, but I would be ok with drafting Cook or Mixon. I want to believe Mixon learned his lesson. While what he did is unacceptable, you can't punish him forever.

  4. #19
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,587

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Sebastian View Post
    Absolutely nothing more than be on the 53-man roster. They'll make their money off him and he'll make his money off them. Just the way the league is. That being said, I hope it's not a Bengals jersey being sold with his name on it.
    Nobody is going to buy his jersey until he does something on the field.

  5. #20
    Lil Sebastian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    171

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Nobody is going to buy his jersey until he does something on the field.
    Obviously to sell any significant number of jerseys yes that is true. The point is his jersey will be available for purchase immediately upon his signing and a certain number of people will purchase it.

  6. #21
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,587

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Sebastian View Post
    Obviously to sell any significant number of jerseys yes that is true. The point is his jersey will be available for purchase immediately upon his signing and a certain number of people will purchase it.
    I don't think so with Mixon.

  7. #22
    Lil Sebastian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    171

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I don't think so with Mixon.
    I absolutely hope you're right.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,692

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    I like the pick if healthy. I am not sure they are as sold on Core as you think they are. They obviously haven't given up on him, but I think they are still evaluating hm.
    I think they do like Core. However it was a chance to add a whole new dimension to the offense with Ross.

    Which I agree if he can stay healthy, it will he a good addition. Now get Mixon in the second round and skill position wise, we are talented at the skill position like a few years ago again. Then can spend the rest of getting that DE to rush the passer and depth on the OL and other areas.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,692

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    I feel better about the pick this morning but still think they should have taken Allen or Foster. Just feel like they could have gotten better value at the #9 spot. Some people had Ross falling out of the first round.

    I hope Ross develops in to an Antonio Brown like receiver. He will help AJ but will also benefit from AJ. If he's going against the #3 DB, he should be open a lot.
    He should be seeing the #2 corner. He eventually will take Lafell spot on the outside. Boyd has the slot. I honestly think Boyd has a breakout year with the addition of Ross. It should open up a lot of things for Boyd in the middle along with Eifert.

  10. #25
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,485

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    He should be seeing the #2 corner. He eventually will take Lafell spot on the outside. Boyd has the slot. I honestly think Boyd has a breakout year with the addition of Ross. It should open up a lot of things for Boyd in the middle along with Eifert.
    The chances of Eifert being on the field are slim.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,692

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    The chances of Eifert being on the field are slim.
    With his injury history, I can't disagree.

  12. #27
    FreeKodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Location
    Covington, Kentucky
    Posts
    361

    If Ross can stay healthy I think he will be huge for us. I like Ross and I think he's gonna be great, but I just don't understand drafting a receiver that early when out Line needs work. Hopefully we pick Cam Robinson out of Bama if he's there Rd. 2 or if we go for Mixon if he's there I'll be okay with it.

  13. #28
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,485

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #Browns & #Bengals touched base regarding a potential trade for QB AJ McCarron. Doesn’t sound like they’ve gotten too far. Price is high.

  14. #29
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,587

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeKodak View Post
    If Ross can stay healthy I think he will be huge for us. I like Ross and I think he's gonna be great, but I just don't understand drafting a receiver that early when out Line needs work. Hopefully we pick Cam Robinson out of Bama if he's there Rd. 2 or if we go for Mixon if he's there I'll be okay with it.
    We tried to trade back but nobody wanted to. Using the ninth pick on a lineman would have been a HUGE reach and an absolute waste. If Cook and Mixon are off the board before we pick this round, then we go O line. Until then, no way. This is arguably the worst O line class in the history of the NFL.

  15. #30
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,696

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    We tried to trade back but nobody wanted to. Using the ninth pick on a lineman would have been a HUGE reach and an absolute waste. If Cook and Mixon are off the board before we pick this round, then we go O line. Until then, no way. This is arguably the worst O line class in the history of the NFL.
    Dave Lapham says that Cedric Ogbuehi would be the number one offensive lineman in this year's draft if he had waited and come out this year.

Top