Bengals/Chiefs flexed to Sunday night game

  1. #1
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    Bengals/Chiefs flexed to Sunday night game

    The week 7 game between Cincinnati and Kansas City has been flexed to the nationally televised night game on Sunday, October 21st.

    Bengals were going to have a tough time in Arrowhead to begin with. Add in the way Mahomes has been playing so far, and it was going to be really rough. Now, add it to Sunday night...and it'll be a disaster.

    Instead of focusing on the game, they'll now have to answer stupid questions of why the can't win in prime time, etc.

    Bengals haven't won on Sunday night since 2004.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,546

    Yeah that game definitely got even tougher than it already has been.

    One positive note is the Bengals can really change their perception the next 2 weeks. I think a lot of people see the Bengals at 4 and 1 and are more like yeah I didn't expect that. However they are still the same old Bengals and won't do anything when it counts.

    If the Bengals can get the Steelers monkey off their back this week. And then possibly go into Kansas City on National TV and put a stop to the Mahomes train and pull off a win. It definitely will change the perception on if this team could make a run or not.

  3. #3
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Yeah that game definitely got even tougher than it already has been.

    One positive note is the Bengals can really change their perception the next 2 weeks. I think a lot of people see the Bengals at 4 and 1 and are more like yeah I didn't expect that. However they are still the same old Bengals and won't do anything when it counts.

    If the Bengals can get the Steelers monkey off their back this week. And then possibly go into Kansas City on National TV and put a stop to the Mahomes train and pull off a win. It definitely will change the perception on if this team could make a run or not.
    I'll be honest, if even one of those two things happen, I'll be ecstatic.

  4. #4
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,127

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    I'll be honest, if even one of those two things happen, I'll be ecstatic.
    Me too!

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,140

    I agree with everything in this thread so far and ecstatic is an excellent word @CincySportsFan

  6. #6
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,599

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Bengals haven't won on Sunday night since 2004.
    That is incredible.

  7. #7
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,127

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    That is incredible.

    Even more incredible is the Bengals have lost 15 of the last 17 at PBS. They own the Bengals at PBS.

  8. #8
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,993

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    The week 7 game between Cincinnati and Kansas City has been flexed to the nationally televised night game on Sunday, October 21st.

    Bengals were going to have a tough time in Arrowhead to begin with. Add in the way Mahomes has been playing so far, and it was going to be really rough. Now, add it to Sunday night...and it'll be a disaster.

    Instead of focusing on the game, they'll now have to answer stupid questions of why the can't win in prime time, etc.

    Bengals haven't won on Sunday night since 2004.
    Let me guess: They originally had the Starboys playing in this time slot, since they're not allowed to play outside of prime time.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    711

    Have the Bengals played at home on Sunday night since 2004? I know they have had quite a few MNF games at PBS but the last SNF game I recall at home was Carson's first start at home.

  10. #10
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Let me guess: They originally had the Starboys playing in this time slot, since they're not allowed to play outside of prime time.
    I believe it was supposed to be the Rams and 49ers.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,428

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Yeah that game definitely got even tougher than it already has been.

    One positive note is the Bengals can really change their perception the next 2 weeks. I think a lot of people see the Bengals at 4 and 1 and are more like yeah I didn't expect that. However they are still the same old Bengals and won't do anything when it counts.

    If the Bengals can get the Steelers monkey off their back this week. And then possibly go into Kansas City on National TV and put a stop to the Mahomes train and pull off a win. It definitely will change the perception on if this team could make a run or not.
    If the Bengals win this Sunday against Pittsburgh and on the road against Kansas City, more people outside of Cincinnati fans will probably consider them a threat.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    922

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    Even more incredible is the Bengals have lost 15 of the last 17 at PBS. They own the Bengals at PBS.
    Sorry but you lost me here?? The Bengals have lost 15 of the last 17 @ PBS??

  13. #13
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,695

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    If the Bengals win this Sunday against Pittsburgh and on the road against Kansas City, more people outside of Cincinnati fans will probably consider them a threat.
    I heard some analyst on the radio doing his NFL power rankings and he had the Bengals at #3. I can't recall who it was.

    CBS Sports has the Bengals at #5. Side note: They also wondered if Marvin Lewis is the early front runner for coach of the year. I hope no Bengals fans are eating as they read this.

    SBNation has the Bengals at #4.

    ESPN has the Bengals at #6.

    It looks like a lot of people already consider the Bengals a threat.

  14. #14
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,127

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    Sorry but you lost me here?? The Bengals have lost 15 of the last 17 @ PBS??

    Counting 2 playoff games, you read it correctly. The Steelers have won the last 15 of 17 at PBS. I maybe did not make it being the Steelers clear.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,428

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I heard some analyst on the radio doing his NFL power rankings and he had the Bengals at #3. I can't recall who it was.

    CBS Sports has the Bengals at #5. Side note: They also wondered if Marvin Lewis is the early front runner for coach of the year. I hope no Bengals fans are eating as they read this.

    SBNation has the Bengals at #4.

    ESPN has the Bengals at #6.

    It looks like a lot of people already consider the Bengals a threat.
    Lol, I agree about people not eating and Marvin Lewis being considered coach of the year.

Top