Bengals/Browns Updates:

Page 6 of Kicking is less than 30 minutes. Bengals have to have this one today to have any chance of saving their season. Go Bengals! Advertisement 0 0 0   ... 88 comments | 658 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    footmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    1,819

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I like Uzomah better than Kroft, but even he has looked average at best in the past.

    It saying something that none of you all talked about letting Eifert go and being good with Kroft and Uzomah until they looked good against the Browns. Yes the Browns...lol.
    I've been fine with moving on from Eiffert for a couple of years now... not because I don't think he's s great player, but because he's always hurt... even when he plays, he's playing hurt... it's just getting old with him. If the guy could stay healthy, yes... keep him.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    6,153

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I like Uzomah better than Kroft, but even he has looked average at best in the past.

    It saying something that none of you all talked about letting Eifert go and being good with Kroft and Uzomah until they looked good against the Browns. Yes the Browns...lol.
    It's better than watching Eifert with a baseball hat and a hoodie on.

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,178

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Can you honestly rely on Eifert to be out there for 13-14 game a year? At this point I don't think you can. He will command a lot of money this off season and I'm not sure the Bengals would be wise to wrap up a lot of money on Eifert. Spend that money on the O line. Just my opinion. We know how great Eifert can be when he is out there, the dude is a TD machine. I just don't think it's wise.
    This is the first game these backup TEs have done anything when Eifert is out. Dalton has shown he is usually horrible anytime Eifert doesn't play except for today. So no I don't think it's wise to let him go and think these guys will do the job well based off them having their first good game as a backup te for the Bengals.

    I agree Eifert would get some team to offer him some crazy huge contract even with his injuries. I think a team like the Ravens would actually since they need a good te. That is why I think the Bengals should try to extend him before he hits free agency. Make it very expensive based, based on his numbers and playing. Now his agent probably wouldn't want him to. So at worst you at least use the franchise tag to keep him one more year. Then use any other money you have for line and use their draft picks on all lineman..

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,178

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    It's better than watching Eifert with a baseball hat and a hoodie on.
    Today is the only time you can say it's been better than that. Until today Eifert has done as much in a game wearing a baseball hat, than the Tes did in the game for him. Which was basically nothing until today.

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,178

    Quote Originally Posted by footmaster View Post
    I've been fine with moving on from Eiffert for a couple of years now... not because I don't think he's s great player, but because he's always hurt... even when he plays, he's playing hurt... it's just getting old with him. If the guy could stay healthy, yes... keep him.
    Then the Bengals better move on from Dalton to. We already seen besides today how much Dalron struggles without Eifert in the game.

    At worst you franchise him after this year and get one more year from him and hope he is healthy. However draft a good pass catching te in this draft too then.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,294

    Why not let AJ get some reps to finish this one out.

  7. #82
    footmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    1,819

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Then the Bengals better move on from Dalton to. We already seen besides today how much Dalron struggles without Eifert in the game.

    At worst you franchise him after this year and get one more year from him and hope he is healthy. However draft a good pass catching te in this draft too then.
    Dalton had success here before Eiffert was even drafted... so, please. And even since Eiffert, the kid barely dresses... and again, Dalton has done enough to help his team reach the playoffs... except last season and the start of this season... which I still think was more on Zampese than Dalton...

    If u don't think the offense looked better last week and this week under Lasor... then I don't know what to tell you... I don't care if it's the Browns.. they're still an NFL team... Pittsburgh didn't destroy the Browns... does that mean Big Ben stinks?

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,178

    I know the d line gets a lot of the attention, but I do think the Bengals have a nice linebacker Corp this year. Minter has looked good, Vigil has looked good all three games. Burfict is one of the best in football and always takes him 2 or 3 games after he gets back to get back to being everywhere. Then Vinny Rey off the bench is a good backup.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,294

    Marvin taking a timeout with 2:27 to play I guess to persevere the shoutout.

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,294

    What in the world was this timeout for?

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,294

    Marvin has put his starters back in I hope for his sake no one gets hurt.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,178

    Quote Originally Posted by footmaster View Post
    Dalton had success here before Eiffert was even drafted... so, please. And even since Eiffert, the kid barely dresses... and again, Dalton has done enough to help his team reach the playoffs... except last season and the start of this season... which I still think was more on Zampese than Dalton...

    If u don't think the offense looked better last week and this week under Lasor... then I don't know what to tell you... I don't care if it's the Browns.. they're still an NFL team... Pittsburgh didn't destroy the Browns... does that mean Big Ben stinks?
    I didn't say the offense didn't look better did I? All I'm saying is the book is still exactly the same on Dalton. This game doesn't change that. Dalton is good against bad teams and bad defenses. Dalton in the majority of his games struggles against good teams and good defenses. For every good game he has had against a good team, I can give three more he was horrible.

    It's very simple for why I am not big on Dalton. We all know he can play good against bad teams. I'm of the opinion many qbs could have done the same as him against bad and average teams like he has. However he struggles in big moments. He is not a qb who can help turn a game around when things start going south. Last week was another example of that. Overall stat wise very good game by Dalton. Howveer in the second half when Green Bay had momentum. Dalton had a few passes that good qbs make to help change that momentum. Passes that should have easily been completed. Passes if he hits wide open guys even when he had time, changes the outcome of the game and he missed him. For his career he consistently misses those throws in big moments or big games against good teams.

    So I'm sorry if him playing well against a bad Browns team that the Colts just put up 30 plus on last week doesn't get me excited. I have read this same book for 7 years.

    Which btw only 2013 and 2015 can you say Dalton had good years to where he truly helped the team. Dalton was not good in 2011 and 2012 before Eifert. Defense led them. 2014 he was not good at all without Eifert and the top 5 rushing offense led them. 2016 he didn't hurt them with turnovers but Dalton did nothing to help them win either with his only 18 tds. Which btw Eifert didn't play much, but 5 of Daltons 18 tds went to Eifert.

  13. #88

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,294

    Touchdown Browns 31-7 with 1:54 to play.

  14. #89
    footmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    1,819

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I didn't say the offense didn't look better did I? All I'm saying is the book is still exactly the same on Dalton. This game doesn't change that. Dalton is good against bad teams and bad defenses. Dalton in the majority of his games struggles against good teams and good defenses. For every good game he has had against a good team, I can give three more he was horrible.

    It's very simple for why I am not big on Dalton. We all know he can play good against bad teams. I'm of the opinion many qbs could have done the same as him against bad and average teams like he has. However he struggles in big moments. He is not a qb who can help turn a game around when things start going south. Last week was another example of that. Overall stat wise very good game by Dalton. Howveer in the second half when Green Bay had momentum. Dalton had a few passes that good qbs make to help change that momentum. Passes that should have easily been completed. Passes if he hits wide open guys even when he had time, changes the outcome of the game and he missed him. For his career he consistently misses those throws in big moments or big games against good teams.

    So I'm sorry if him playing well against a bad Browns team that the Colts just put up 30 plus on last week doesn't get me excited. I have read this same book for 7 years.

    Which btw only 2013 and 2015 can you say Dalton had good years to where he truly helped the team. Dalton was not good in 2011 and 2012 before Eifert. Defense led them. 2014 he was not good at all without Eifert and the top 5 rushing offense led them. 2016 he didn't hurt them with turnovers but Dalton did nothing to help them win either with his only 18 tds. Which btw Eifert didn't play much, but 5 of Daltons 18 tds went to Eifert.
    We got ya, Eiffert is the reason if and whenever Dalton plays well... got it, thanks.

    Or, it's Green.. or it's the defense carrying him... lol

Top