Bengals 2017

Page 7 of So far the Bengals have lost 6 players in free agency plus cut a player. I guess Marvin has gave up on resigning the players they have. Besides Dansby ... 105 comments | 3215 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,818

    It will be interesting to see if the kicking competition is a true competition. Right now Bullock has done better than the rookie Elliot. In practice and now today in their mock game inside Paul Brown. Elliot made 2 out of 3 field goals and also missed an extra point. While Bullock made all his kicks including a 52 yarder.
    Advertisement

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,818

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Francis played 9 years had 33.5 sacks, 11 ints, 3 tds and zero bone head mistakea!
    How many games did he help them win? Did he make the defense better? And you have no idea how many bone head mistakes he made. Did he do exactly what he was assigned to do every play? Was he in the right spot?

    I mean you are right averaging a little more than 3 and a half sacks a season sure is impressive by a guy who was suppose to be a pass rushing linebacker because he sure wasn't helping much in the run game defense with his only 55 tackles a year.

    Keep trying man.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Location
    california,ky
    Posts
    115

    Lets not get crazy with numbers gentlemen. Francis ,after his rookie year was pretty average the rest of his career. Was brought in to sack the q.b.. He did not have great numbers there. But comparing numbers between Burfict and Francis is not a good comparison. Francis was a outside guy,Burfict plays the middle. Burfict should have better numbers.That is what you expect from your middle linebacker.
    Francis had a solid career,but never became what they [the Bengals] thought he should have been.

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,818

    Quote Originally Posted by k'd looking View Post
    Lets not get crazy with numbers gentlemen. Francis ,after his rookie year was pretty average the rest of his career. Was brought in to sack the q.b.. He did not have great numbers there. But comparing numbers between Burfict and Francis is not a good comparison. Francis was a outside guy,Burfict plays the middle. Burfict should have better numbers.That is what you expect from your middle linebacker.
    Francis had a solid career,but never became what they [the Bengals] thought he should have been.
    I covered that fact in post 89. Which was my point for someone who was suppose to be a pass rushing linebacker. He averaged only 3.5 sacks a year. So he really wasn't that good at what his job was. On the flip side Burfict is really good at his job.

    It's just footballforever doing his thing of posting crazy post. So when I am bored I like putting his post right back at him, since he likes to just throw stuff out there.

  5. #95
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I covered that fact in post 89. Which was my point for someone who was suppose to be a pass rushing linebacker. He averaged only 3.5 sacks a year. So he really wasn't that good at what his job was. On the flip side Burfict is really good at his job.

    It's just footballforever doing his thing of posting crazy post. So when I am bored I like putting his post right back at him, since he likes to just throw stuff out there.
    We both need to stop responding. We just perpetuate the problem.

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Location
    california,ky
    Posts
    115

    lol!!! I agree with both of you guy's. I don't like getting into a big "to do" on this site.Doesn't do any good. I've seen it happen before,and i will say,i've gotten into it myself. Something i'm not proud of...lol!! You can't debate each other by just posting messages. IMHO!!! I'd say if we really want to debate this,let's hook up at a local watering hole,and discuss it like men...if that's possible ...lol!!!

  7. #97
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,832

    What does the Bengals front 4 look like? Is it still Dunlap & Johnson on the end, with Geno & Billings in the middle?

    Am I crazy to think their front 4 could be very good?

  8. #98
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    6,382

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I covered that fact in post 89. Which was my point for someone who was suppose to be a pass rushing linebacker. He averaged only 3.5 sacks a year. So he really wasn't that good at what his job was. On the flip side Burfict is really good at his job.

    It's just footballforever doing his thing of posting crazy post. So when I am bored I like putting his post right back at him, since he likes to just throw stuff out there.
    Francis helped win a playoff game where Burfict helped them lose a playoff game.

  9. #99
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,735

    Keith Rivers! Lol I remember that guy.


    Signed Hines Ward.

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,818

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    We both need to stop responding. We just perpetuate the problem.
    Very true!

  11. #101

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,818

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Francis helped win a playoff game where Burfict helped them lose a playoff game.
    I guess you also believe Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino because Dilfer helped his team win a super bowl and Marino didn't.

  12. #102
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    I'd also be interested in how they perceive Billings progress.

  13. #103
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    6,662

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Keith Rivers! Lol I remember that guy.


    Signed Hines Ward.

  14. #104
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,735

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    There it is thanks @nkypete.

  15. #105
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    6,382

    TE CJ Uzomah carted off the field with a leg injury.

Top