Bengals 2017

Page 4 of So far the Bengals have lost 6 players in free agency plus cut a player. I guess Marvin has gave up on resigning the players they have. Besides Dansby ... 105 comments | 3135 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    6,175

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    No more than any other team in the league. It's a telling commentary that none of the Bengal fans have taken the bait. However, I don't mind to.

    Bengals have been wrong several times on injuries.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,325

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Bengals have been wrong several times on injuries.

  3. #48
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    4,698

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Dude is a moron....No place in the league for this.

    Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr 14m14 minutes ago

    First play in contact for Giovani Bernard and Vontaze Burfict dives in right at his knees. As you can imagine a huge shoving match ensued.

    Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr 13m13 minutes ago

    Bernard coming off ACL recovery wasnít expecting it in the hole. RBs coach Kyle Caskey reacted first then OL all charged in.
    PaulDehner:
    That hit to Bernardís knees by Burfict might be the dumbest thing Iíve ever seen at a training camp practice.

  4. #49
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,325

    We have met the enemy, and he is us.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,769

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Dude is a moron....No place in the league for this.

    Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr 14m14 minutes ago

    First play in contact for Giovani Bernard and Vontaze Burfict dives in right at his knees. As you can imagine a huge shoving match ensued.

    Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr 13m13 minutes ago

    Bernard coming off ACL recovery wasn’t expecting it in the hole. RBs coach Kyle Caskey reacted first then OL all charged in.
    Granted Burfict shouldn't have hit Gio at all. People definitely are making their own version of it. Burfict when he came in put his shoulder pads right into the hip of gio not his knee. Now as he wrapped him up his arms and body slid down to his knees. People who have not seen it are going to think he done head first straight into his knee and that's not true.

    The tackle actually was a very good tackle. The problem is he shouldn't have hit him to begin with. Dumb move by Burfict doing that.

  6. #51
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,810

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Granted Burfict shouldn't have hit Gio at all. People definitely are making their own version of it. Burfict when he came in put his shoulder pads right into the hip of gio not his knee. Now as he wrapped him up his arms and body slid down to his knees. People who have not seen it are going to think he done head first straight into his knee and that's not true.

    The tackle actually was a very good tackle. The problem is he shouldn't have hit him to begin with. Dumb move by Burfict doing that.
    It was supposed to be non-contact, right?

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,769

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    It was supposed to be non-contact, right?
    Yes that is why I said the hit shouldn't have happened. As for the hit itself it was not a tackle straight into his legs and knees like people say. Honestly was a pretty good form tackle.

    Now he needs to not be dumb and follow the dang rules. Great guy outside of football. Now keep your composure while playing and play smart. He is a great player, but needs to stop these unneccasry type plays.

  8. #53
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,810

    It's easier to tackle running backs in a non-contact practice.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,769

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    It's easier to tackle running backs in a non-contact practice.
    It was a complete full contact session, except it Wasn't suppose to be tackling to the ground during that 15 minute session. The the only non contact part was not tackling to the ground. The rest of it the blocking and running,etc was full go. The rest of practice was complete full contact to the ground. Everything about that play was full speed, even how Gio was running was full speed.

    The tackle shouldn't have happened no doubt about that, and no arguing that. However people are acting like he dove straight into his knee, that's not true. Your comment makes it sound like it was just half speed and he came up and tackled him, and that's not true either. It was full contact, live everything except wasn't suppose to be to the ground when wrapping up.

    Tez is in the wrong for even doing that, and putting himself in the situation to where the story has now grown to what it is. Which he needs to stop crossing that line and play hard but within the rules. He was definitely in the wrong here though.

  10. #55
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,325

    His own teammates thought it was dirty. What are we arguing here?

  11. #56
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,314

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,769

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    His own teammates thought it was dirty. What are we arguing here?
    Never said it wasn't dirty. In fact I even said he was wrong. However the story headlines as even the post below you reads Burfict dives into Gios knees. Which is simply not true. That's portraying it as he dove straight into his knees.

    Then the whole saying it was a non contact drill portrays it as he ran up and tackle a guy with no hitting involved. When in fact it was live contact with everything except no tacklikg to the ground.

    So Burfict is in the wrong no doubt. But the stories coming with it are off base.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,769

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Even this headline makes it likes he dives straight into his knees and the video doesn't show that. The initial hit is at his hip not his knees.

  14. #59
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,810

    It's a clean tackle, but it's still a tackle when you're not supposed to be tackling.

  15. #60
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,831

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Even this headline makes it likes he dives straight into his knees and the video doesn't show that. The initial hit is at his hip not his knees.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    It's a clean tackle, but it's still a tackle when you're not supposed to be tackling.
    True to all of the above. Anyone saying he dove at his knees needs an eye exam. And trust me ... I am the last person who would defend Burfict. I would have been fine if the Bengals let him go after that Steelers playoff debacle.

Top