Bears 33 Bengals 7

Page 2 of Final. Terrible effort by the Bengals today. Playoff chances all but gone. If the weren't already after last Monday's loss to Pittsburgh.... 41 comments | 932 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,016

    Not that there has been any doubt in my mind for some time, but this game - a critical one to at least hang in the playoff race - is illustrative of the desperate need for major organizational change.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    15,524

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    That is about right. You said the Bengals gave no effort from the start. I disagree. It was 12-7 at halftime.
    Score is not always indicative of effort, when a guy runs it in from 41 yds out UNTOUCHED, then it has to be brought back to the 21 AND THEY RUN IT IN AGAIN UNTOUCHED, you've already given up!!
    STILL haven't answered me on the teammates??

  3. #18
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,016

    Easy guys - no need to shout.

  4. #19
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,703

    The Bengals players that took the field today would be in a battle for the top pick in the draft with the Cleveland Browns. Take that many starters and key players off of any defense in the NFL and that team will struggle.

  5. #20
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,016

    Serious question here. Time of possession was terribly lopsided once again.

    Is this on the offense or the defense? Offense is inept, or the defense can't get off the field?

  6. #21
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    PBS felt like Soldier Field today. I'd say it was close to 50/50 fan wise today.
    7500 fans for each?

  7. #22
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Bengals gave it all they had until the game got out of hand. With half the defense on the sideline in street clothes, little chance of winning this one.
    Dalton stated we came out with no energy and Iloka said we gave no effort today. Do you think they were talking only about the 4th quarter?

  8. #23
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Just saw the end of the Bills/Colts game in the snow wished that would have been on would have rather watched it. lol
    Looks miserable to be there

    Name:  0C25F91E-DB04-4DAB-9336-6DB41CEC9551.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  386.8 KBName:  088EEF54-C104-45C6-AA04-64D844A69B8D.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  79.1 KB

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,547

    Quote Originally Posted by StickerMann View Post
    How about a new GM??

    Attendance looked good today.
    Can't really use that in a discussion. Considering most teams with losing records have poor attendance at this time of the year.

  10. #25
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,384

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    7500 fans for each?
    Id say there were probably 40,000 people at the game today.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    15,524

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    That is about right. You said the Bengals gave no effort from the start. I disagree. It was 12-7 at halftime.
    The only reason it was 12-7 at the half was because the Bears are not very good. That is the only reason a lot of good teams they would have been down 20+ at the half.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    15,524

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Looks miserable to be there

    Name:  0C25F91E-DB04-4DAB-9336-6DB41CEC9551.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  386.8 KBName:  088EEF54-C104-45C6-AA04-64D844A69B8D.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  79.1 KB
    Ha of course I meant on TV not in person. lol

  13. #28
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,244

    Listened to this driving home today, Bengals announcers were saying that the Bengals had basically quit for the first time this year. It sounded brutal if you were a Bengals fan after the first quarter.

  14. #29
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,824

    I wish this organization had the unit to ax Marvin pronto but it wouldn't surprise me if he signs another one year deal.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,547

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    I wish this organization had the unit to ax Marvin pronto but it wouldn't surprise me if he signs another one year deal.
    It won't happen. Marvin imo is also ready to be done and ready for something new.

Top