Andrew Luck To Retire

  1. #1
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,488

    Andrew Luck To Retire

    Andrew Luck is going to announce his retirement from the NFL. Per Adam Schefter on Twitter. Absolutely shocking news for a team that had Super Bowl aspirations.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    18,568

    Just saw that. It is a shocker for sure especially two weeks before the season starts.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    150,758

    What a sad day.

  4. #4
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    23,142

    Net worth around 50 million and a Stanford engineering degree. Guess he wasn’t an NFL lifer.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    18,568

    Said he was just mentally worn down and is checking out. Unreal

  6. #6
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    23,142

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Said he was just mentally worn down and is checking out. Unreal
    I bet he goes on to open up an architecture group. He always came off as someone who had plans after football.

  7. #7
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,772

    If he is mentally worn down, I have to say that I respect that he is getting out of a game that you can't be that. However, you have to find a way to make that evaluation MONTHS ago. The Colts are going to have to roll with Brissett now. They surely would have liked to have made a move months ago to fix that spot.

    History will now judge their decision to prioritize Luck over Manning very, very harshly. May have already, but Luck represented a lot of potential. Potential that is lost.

  8. #8
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    49,108

    I always liked him and thought he was a great kid...hope it all works out well for him.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,900

    I imagine all his injuries contributed to his being mentally worn out.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    18,568

    Official press conference will be tomorrow.

  11. #11
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    23,142

    Andrew Luck had 3 years, $64M left on his contract including a $6M roster bonus to be paid 9/17/19. He earned $97.1M in his short career w/ the Colts.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,525

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    If he is mentally worn down, I have to say that I respect that he is getting out of a game that you can't be that. However, you have to find a way to make that evaluation MONTHS ago. The Colts are going to have to roll with Brissett now. They surely would have liked to have made a move months ago to fix that spot.

    History will now judge their decision to prioritize Luck over Manning very, very harshly. May have already, but Luck represented a lot of potential. Potential that is lost.
    Why would people judge it harshly? They made the right decision. Manning coming off a nerve injury that no one knew how he would be once he was back. Even then for Mannings sake they did go with Luck. Manning would only have one super bowl ring if he stayed in Indy.

  13. #13
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    23,142

    6 NFL seasons:

    » torn cartilage in 2 ribs
    » partially torn abdomen
    » a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
    » at least 1 concussion
    » a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
    » calf issue this preseason

    All before the age of 30.

  14. #14
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,772

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Why would people judge it harshly? They made the right decision. Manning coming off a nerve injury that no one knew how he would be once he was back. Even then for Mannings sake they did go with Luck. Manning would only have one super bowl ring if he stayed in Indy.
    We'll never know. Colts went 11-5 with Luck the next three years, so they weren't devoid of talent. Peyton threw 131 touchdowns those next three years. And in the fourth year, he won another Super Bowl. I don't think it's a stretch to think that Peyton might have taken them as far or further.

    The Colts got 31 games out of Luck after Peyton retired. Not even two full seasons.

  15. #15
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,610

    I had planned to make a few beer vending trips to Indy this season. Those have been cancelled.

Top