And this is what's wrong with the Bengals

  1. #1
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,912

    And this is what's wrong with the Bengals

    We signed Lefell for $5 mill a year.

    I wanted them to resign him, but not for that much.
    Brandon Marshall just signed for $6 mill
    lefell is no Marshall.

    Thats what is so screwed up with this franchise. "Signing their own" 9 times out of 10 never improves this team. Lefell is not worth that much money. We need a speed receiver not a decent #3 wr who is slower than molasses but being paid as a #1 or 2.

    This franchise is a joke.

    Their offense is bad. They need a speedy wr with hands. To the point where they need to draft one high. They won't and this offense will still stink.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    125,345

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    We signed Lefell for $5 mill a year.

    I wanted them to resign him, but not for that much.
    Brandon Marshall just signed for $6 mill
    lefell is no Marshall.

    Thats what is so screwed up with this franchise. "Signing their own" 9 times out of 10 never improves this team. Lefell is not worth that much money. We need a speed receiver not a decent #3 wr who is slower than molasses but being paid as a #1 or 2.

    This franchise is a joke.

    Their offense is bad. They need a speedy wr with hands. To the point where they need to draft one high. They won't and this offense will still stink.
    How much is guaranteed?

    And I think LaFell is a good 3rd or 4th WR but 5 million a year does seem high.

  3. #3
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    4,847


  4. #4
    Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    20,912

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    How much is guaranteed?

    And I think LaFell is a good 3rd or 4th WR but 5 million a year does seem high.
    Unless they go
    out and draft a speedy wr in 1st or 2nd round then Lafell is their 2nd wr and that he isn't. It's the Bengals doing what they do and just sign their own mediocre players and never improve.

    Brandon Marshall $6mill!!!!!!! Bengals should have offered him at least $7mill or even $8 and he would have been great opposite AJ plus he can play outside or slot. Instead we give a $1-2mill wr $5 mill, just $1 mill less than one of the best sr's in the league.

  5. #5
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    4,847

    They signed their receiver now the will draft
    Forrestt Lamp.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,456

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    We signed Lefell for $5 mill a year.

    I wanted them to resign him, but not for that much.
    Brandon Marshall just signed for $6 mill
    lefell is no Marshall.

    Thats what is so screwed up with this franchise. "Signing their own" 9 times out of 10 never improves this team. Lefell is not worth that much money. We need a speed receiver not a decent #3 wr who is slower than molasses but being paid as a #1 or 2.

    This franchise is a joke.

    Their offense is bad. They need a speedy wr with hands. To the point where they need to draft one high. They won't and this offense will still stink.
    While we disagreed after the 2012 season when I thought they were smart not to over spend for a wr like a Mike Wallace, or Greg Jennings. We are in complete agreement here. I don't understand bringing him back for that amount. While he had decent numbers, he didn't bring another dimension to this offense.

    I said this in another thread I sure hope they at least attempted to get Marshall. At worst I feel like if they were going to pay 5 million a year for a veteran. I would have rather them spent that on a speed wr like Torrie Smith who was released.

  7. #7
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    4,847

    The Bengals could have used a 4th round pick and got TE Dwayne Allen also.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,456

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    They signed their receiver now the will draft
    Forrestt Lamp.
    For Lamps sake I hope he has a better career than other local guys you talk up.

    With that said he is projected to be a guard. Guards don't get drafted in the top 10 or even top 20 usually. So unless the Bengals trade back to late in the first round or he slips to the 2nd round. The Bengals won't get him.

  9. #9
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    4,847

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    For Lamps sake I hope he has a better career than other local guys you talk up.

    With that said he is projected to be a guard. Guards don't get drafted in the top 10 or even top 20 usually. So unless the Bengals trade back to late in the first round or he slips to the 2nd round. The Bengals won't get him.
    Best guard in the draft quick and very strong.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,456

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Best guard in the draft quick and very strong.
    Yep and the best guards still don't go top 20 usually.

  11. #11
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    69,292

    Marshall is a head case.

  12. #12
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    4,847

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Yep and the best guards still don't go top 20 usually.
    That is why you trade down.

  13. #13
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    25,985

    Did the Bengals get a bargain in LaFell? Just asking people to justify their complaints.

    Looking at the stats, LaFell is right there with Marvin Jones and better than Marshall. Jones is getting $8 million a year. Marshall is getting $6 million. LaFell's contract is said to have a lot of incentive pay in it to get to the $10 million ($5 million/year). It is the 25th ranked contract for WR's currently and will probably be even lower after free agency is done. It looks like a good value and perhaps even a bargain price.

    On Cincy Jungle.com, 70% of fans believe this is a good deal for the Bengals.

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    25,985

    WR Stats 2016

    LaFell.............64 rec...862 yds... 6 TD...$10M 2 yrs = $5M yr; ? guaranteed
    Marvin Jones...55 rec...930 yds...4 TD...$40M 5 yrs = $8M yr; $20M guaranteed
    Marshall .........59 rec...788 yds...3 TD...$12M 2 yrs = $6M yr; ? guaranteed
    Sanu .............59 rec...653 yds...4 TD...$32.5M 5 yrs =$6.5 yr; $14M guaranteed

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    4,632

    I like it. LaFell isn't really one of their own. He is a quality receiver who was signed at a decent price and he offers value in the event Green or Boyd suffer an injury. He knows the offense. Is he a game changer? No, but those don't grow on trees.

Top