AJ McCarron wins his grievance with Bengals

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    AJ McCarron wins his grievance with Bengals

    AJ will be a free agent next month.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Good luck to McCarron. Depending where he ends up where determine how he does. Obviously I thought he could do well with the personnel he would have had with him here. However it will be interesting what he has to work with wherever he ends up.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,980

    Good. I'm glad he did. I've had a damned grievance with them for years and mine goes nowhere. Marvin is still at the helm.

  4. #4
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    139,067

    I am happy for AJ.

    All too often I think the NFL players get the short end of the stick so I am glad to see this win for the players. Additionally, I can't wait to see AJ in action later this year!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I am happy for AJ.

    All too often I think the NFL players get the short end of the stick so I am glad to see this win for the players. Additionally, I can't wait to see AJ in action later this year!
    Same here except he is going to end up with the Browns or someone like that. So he may look bad and people would be like see that's why Dalton was the starter. When McCarron won't be getting to throw to a Green every game like Dalton has had in his career. I thought McCarron would do well here. However to hard to tell how be will do elsewhere.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    If he signs with the Browns I hope they draft Barkley and a top receiver.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 07
    Posts
    760

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Same here except he is going to end up with the Browns or someone like that. So he may look bad and people would be like see that's why Dalton was the starter. When McCarron won't be getting to throw to a Green every game like Dalton has had in his career. I thought McCarron would do well here. However to hard to tell how be will do elsewhere.
    If it is the Browns and Gordon is playing, he may have a better receiver to throw to than Greene. I do see your point though, it is the Browns, something will go wrong.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,397

    Really good for him but sure hate to lose him. Hope he does well.

  9. #9
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,088

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Same here except he is going to end up with the Browns or someone like that. So he may look bad and people would be like see that's why Dalton was the starter. When McCarron won't be getting to throw to a Green every game like Dalton has had in his career. I thought McCarron would do well here. However to hard to tell how be will do elsewhere.
    People are smart enough to figure out that McCarron would perfom better if his supporting cast were better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    If he signs with the Browns I hope they draft Barkley and a top receiver.
    I hope they draft a QB #1 any way because McCarron isn't the long-term answer. He is a bridge QB until a rookie learns enogh to play. I would be fine if they drafter Barkley at #4 but they also need help in the secondary and WR.

    I do think the Browns and Hue Jackson will call upon AJ McCarron. We'll see if they want to pay him what he thinks he deserves or at least can get. This one has been percolating for a while.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    788

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    If he signs with the Browns I hope they draft Barkley and a top receiver.
    Browns fan now huh?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    People are smart enough to figure out that McCarron would perfom better if his supporting cast were better.



    I hope they draft a QB #1 any way because McCarron isn't the long-term answer. He is a bridge QB until a rookie learns enogh to play. I would be fine if they drafter Barkley at #4 but they also need help in the secondary and WR.

    I do think the Browns and Hue Jackson will call upon AJ McCarron. We'll see if they want to pay him what he thinks he deserves or at least can get. This one has been percolating for a while.
    Eh trust me no matter how possibly bad a supporting cast McCarron may end up with. If he doesn't do well people will say see that's why Dalton was the starter lol.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    Browns fan now huh?
    Haha more a Browns fan than Bengals.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,708

    I still say McCarron is nothing more than a game manager. I’ll gladly eat my words if he proves otherwise as he seems like a good guy.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,397

    It will be interesting as to who pursues him.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    I still say McCarron is nothing more than a game manager. I’ll gladly eat my words if he proves otherwise as he seems like a good guy.
    That very well could be true. However it's the same I say to people who say Dalton is better. We don't know either way. People look at 4 starts while having zero experience or even a training camp with 1st string and assume that is as good as he ever looked. When imo he looked very Dalton like. Besides for 2015 Dalton, how McCarron looked was very Dalton like. Except McCarron actually seemed more poise in the big games than Dalton has in big games in 7 years. So you would think McCarron would have only kept getting better each year with the more game experience he got. Which is why I wanted to see him play instead of Dalton. We know what Dalton is. Still don't know what McCarron is.

Top