AJ McCarron Sign with Buffalo

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,284

    AJ McCarron Sign with Buffalo

    2 years
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Well he gets his wish. He will get to compete for a starting spot. However he is going to have to look great in practice to hold off whoever they draft. If they look even close to the same in practice, they will go with the talented rookie they draft no matter who it is.

  3. #3
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,693

    Good for him, going to a playoff team. The only place left where he has kind of chance to play. I’m interested to see how much he got.

  4. #4
    EyeOfTheTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 12
    Posts
    953

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Good for him, going to a playoff team. The only place left where he has kind of chance to play. I’m interested to see how much he got.
    Don't the Bengals get a compensatory draft pick that is based on what he signs for?

  5. #5
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,172

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
    Don't the Bengals get a compensatory draft pick that is based on what he signs for?
    It balances. If he signs for a lot and the Bengals don't balance that out with signings of their own yes.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,397

    Good luck to him.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,320

    Bills are still expected to try to trade up to a top pick to grab their future QB.

  8. #8
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,094

    I think this is a good spot for AJ all things considered. A team with a chance to win (well a wildcard spot at least), and will get a chance to win the job.

  9. #9
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,252

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
    Don't the Bengals get a compensatory draft pick that is based on what he signs for?
    Yes, sounds like it'll likely be a 5th round pick.

  10. #10
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,252

    I think this is a good fit for AJ. He's going to a team that is fairly talented & relies mostly on running the ball & playing solid defense. He'll have an opportunity to start and Buffalo will likely draft their QB of the future (again) this year.

    Sounds like he'll get about $10M over 2 years with performance escalators that could increase his pay to about $6.5M this year.

  11. #11
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    139,067

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    I think this is a good fit for AJ. He's going to a team that is fairly talented & relies mostly on running the ball & playing solid defense. He'll have an opportunity to start and Buffalo will likely draft their QB of the future (again) this year.

    Sounds like he'll get about $10M over 2 years with performance escalators that could increase his pay to about $6.5M this year.
    Agree on all counts.

    I sure hope AJ is the stater this year for the Bills.

  12. #12
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,978

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    Yes, sounds like it'll likely be a 5th round pick.
    That won't be determined until next year and it depends on who they sign as well right?

  13. #13
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,252

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    That won't be determined until next year and it depends on who they sign as well right?
    Not 100% sure on the details, just read that it will be no higher than a 3rd round pick & likely a 5th rounder. Could've been speculation, not positive how that works anymore.

  14. #14
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting up NKY way enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,320

    Sounds like a typical Bengals' move--May get a 5th or so in the end, when if they knew how to pick up a phone, they'd have gotten two high Cleveland picks?? Good job by their GM, I mean owner--Wait, they're one in the same??

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    9,420

    I think that his chances of starting this coming season are good, even if they draft a quarterback.

Top