AFC Divisional Round Steelers / Chiefs Thoughts/Predictions:

View Poll Results: Pittsburgh @ Kansas City Who wins?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steelers

    4 30.77%
  • Chiefs

    9 69.23%
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    7,524

    AFC Divisional Round Steelers / Chiefs Thoughts/Predictions:

    Another rematch game should be a good one may depend on what Big Ben's health. What's everyone think?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    8,323

    Tough call, I think the Chiefs edge it out at home.

  3. #3
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Kentucky Basketball > Every Program Ever
    Posts
    11,029

    Steelers 20-17.

  4. #4
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,807

    Chiefs have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Steelers. After getting blown out in Pittsburgh earlier this season, Arrowhead is gonna be rocking. KC wins a low-scoring close one.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,078

    If Pittsburgh wins this one, then they will be going to the Super Bowl. If KC wins this one, then the Pat's will be going to the Super Bowl.

  6. #6
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,807

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    If Pittsburgh wins this one, then they will be going to the Super Bowl. If KC wins this one, then the Pat's will be going to the Super Bowl.
    What about Pittsburgh makes you think they can go into New England and win, when they haven't been able to do that since Brady and Belichick have been there? The Patriots are 9-2 against Pittsburgh in the B&B era, including 5-0 in Foxboro.

    The Steelers did win one game in Foxboro in 2008 when Matt Cassel was under center though, so I guess there's that.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,078

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    What about Pittsburgh makes you think they can go into New England and win, when they haven't been able to do that since Brady and Belichick have been there? The Patriots are 9-2 against Pittsburgh in the B&B era, including 5-0 in Foxboro.

    The Steelers did win one game in Foxboro in 2008 when Matt Cassel was under center though, so I guess there's that.
    All streaks eventually get broken. While the Pat's are good, I don't see them as this unstoppable force without Gronk. The steelers have everything needed to beat the Pat's in the playoffs. Good offensive line, good running game, wrs, and a qb who can make plays. Defensively their pass rush has gotten better, as well as the run defense. Plus they are built for the cold weather too.

  8. #8
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,807

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    All streaks eventually get broken. While the Pat's are good, I don't see them as this unstoppable force without Gronk. The steelers have everything needed to beat the Pat's in the playoffs. Good offensive line, good running game, wrs, and a qb who can make plays. Defensively their pass rush has gotten better, as well as the run defense. Plus they are built for the cold weather too.
    I mean all they've done since Gronk went down is win out and done so in impressive fashion. They have the best TE in the playoffs (well, 2nd best behind Kelce I guess). Steelers should probably worry about winning at Arrowhead before they concern themselves with finally figuring out a way to best B&B.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,078

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I mean all they've done since Gronk went down is win out and done so in impressive fashion. They have the best TE in the playoffs (well, 2nd best behind Kelce I guess). Steelers should probably worry about winning at Arrowhead before they concern themselves with finally figuring out a way to best B&B.
    Hence the reason I said if Pittsburgh beats KC. I definitely hope I am wrong, because the last thing I want to see is Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

  10. #10
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    42,195

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Steelers should probably worry about winning at Arrowhead before they concern themselves with finally figuring out a way to best B&B.
    You're the one that got his panties all in a bunch because FC said PIT would beat NE.

    I guarantee the Steelers aren't worried about anything but themselves and KC this week.

  11. #11
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    3,707

    Steelers will worry about the Pats next week! Beating KC is all that matters this week!

  12. #12
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,807

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Your the one that got his panties all in a bunch because FC said PIT would beat NE.

    I guarantee the Steelers aren't worried about anything but themselves and KC this week.
    Nah, not at all. It's comical that he's saying "if" they beat the Chiefs it's a formality that they'll go to Foxboro and beat the Pats (which they've never done under Tomlin).

    And yes, the Steelers are absolutely focused on the Chiefs.

  13. #13
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    42,195

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Nah, not at all. It's comical that he's saying "if" they beat the Chiefs it's a formality that they'll go to Foxboro and beat the Pats (which they've never done under Tomlin).
    He's a Bengals fan... Why do you pay that much attention to anything he has to say about a playoff game?

  14. #14
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,807

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    He's a Bengals fan... Why do you pay that much attention to anything he has to say about a playoff game?
    This is true. Hell, anything football related actually. Wasn't it him who said the Bengals would win their last 7 games?

  15. #15
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    42,195

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    This is true. Hell, anything football related actually. Wasn't it him who said the Bengals would win their last 7 games?
    Yep.

Top