2018 NFL Draft

Page 2 of Little over 24 hours to go! Stinks this year, usually my Jags are drafting top 5. This year I'm gonna be waiting an eternity. Advertisement 0 0 0  ... 285 comments | 16731 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,694

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Please, please, please let this happen....


    Adam Schefter
    ‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    now9 seconds ago

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.
    After reading and hearing the quarterbacks dissected by all the analysts over the past few months, I now believe that Baker Mayfield is the best quarterback in the draft. He is undeniably the most proven quarterback.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,742

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    After reading and hearing the quarterbacks dissected by all the analysts over the past few months, I now believe that Baker Mayfield is the best quarterback in the draft. He is undeniably the most proven quarterback.
    See, I think he's closer to Johnny Manziel than he is to an NFL caliber QB.

  3. #18
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,694

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    See, I think he's closer to Johnny Manziel than he is to an NFL caliber QB.
    I like the fact the Baker Mayfield basically walked on at two top-caliber programs and became the quarterback for both. His accuracy in throwing the ball is impressive. I think he is super competitive and driven to succeed more than the other QBs.

  4. #19
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,742

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I like the fact the Baker Mayfield basically walked on at two top-caliber programs and became the quarterback for both. His accuracy in throwing the ball is impressive. I think he is super competitive and driven to succeed more than the other QBs.
    Time will tell. I think the fact that the Browns are seemingly as high as they are on him, should give people pause as to his potential. They're atrocious at evaluating QBs.

  5. #20
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,391

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    I hope either the Browns or Bucs.
    He won't go to the Browns. They go QB #1 and probably Chubbs, if available, at #4. It will give them a monster D-Line. Garrett, Chubbs, Ogbah can all get after the QB.

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Please, please, please let this happen....


    Adam Schefter
    ‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    now9 seconds ago

    Browns continue to keep the decision on their No. 1 pick a secret, but there is a mounting belief from HCs and GMs around the league that Cleveland will take Baker Mayfield.
    Because you want the Browns to continue to lose? Haven't they paid their dues after having a turncoat owner steal their team away, and then 19 years of losing?

  6. #21
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,742

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    He won't go to the Browns. They go QB #1 and probably Chubbs, if available, at #4. It will give them a monster D-Line. Garrett, Chubbs, Ogbah can all get after the QB.



    Because you want the Browns to continue to lose? Haven't they paid their dues after having a turncoat owner steal their team away, and then 19 years of losing?
    I just think it's funny to see them continuously screw up every year. How many times can one team blow their QB pick before getting it correct?

  7. #22
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,176

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I just can't get behind any of the QBs at the top of draft boards. Love the NFL draft though and ready to get it started!
    I know I'm very much in the minority, but I thoroughly enjoy the NBA draft compared to the NFL.

  8. #23
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,026

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I know I'm very much in the minority, but I thoroughly enjoy the NBA draft compared to the NFL.
    Both drafts are great. The NBA is definitely much less of a commitment. I have always thought the NFL draft would be an awesome guys getaway trip.

  9. #24
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,742

    Quote Originally Posted by coldweatherfan View Post
    Whole lot of folks think they are going to trade those two picks to move up the board.
    Yep. Myself included. My hope, if they do it, is they move up to grab Rosen.

  10. #25
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,176

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Both drafts are great. The NBA is definitely much less of a commitment. I have always thought the NFL draft would be an awesome guys getaway trip.
    I will say the one weekend that I enjoyed it most was a bachelor party in Nashville.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Baker to Browns could be a ploy by Browns to get Jets to move up.

  12. #27
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,694

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Time will tell. I think the fact that the Browns are seemingly as high as they are on him, should give people pause as to his potential. They're atrocious at evaluating QBs.
    What is John Dorsey's track record on drafts and quarterback selection? Has he ever run a draft where he drafted a quarterback?

  13. #28
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,391

    I am so glad the draft is FINALLY here. The end of April is too long to wait. Everything you hear until 8 pm tonight is smoke screen, speculation, guess, and misinformation. No GM or coach is going to leak who they are going to pick in the first round. They need teams to be guessing in case they want to offer a trade that you can't pass up. It matters in draft strategy whether Cleveland takes Barkley #1 or a Qb. It matters which QB they take for those who may consider moving up (even behind them) to nab a guy they really like. So, this talk about HCs and GMs around the league believing the Browns will take Mayfield at #1 is purely speculation. They just as confidently have said the Browns will take Darnold or Josh Allen at #1. So everything is speculation. You and I won't know until Cleveland makes their announcement.

    With that as background, I'm going to make my final prediction.

    #1 Sam Darnold. I don't think they were going to take Josh Allen before, but after the news about his high school tweets, I think they will definitely pass. It is too bad for Allen in that this came out so close to the draft that he doesn't have a lot of time to do damage control. Stephen A seemed to give him some support for being sincerely sorry and that the original stuff was based on scenes from TV shows at the time and perhaps didn't reflect his own thoughts and opinions.

    #4 Bradley Chubb DE from NC State

    The second round is harder to predict. Cleveland needs a Left Tackle, CB, WR, and RB. It is impossible to predict (for me) who will be off the board so I will only predict positions.

    Round 2 -- #33 OT

    Round 2 -- #35 RB

    Round 2 -- #64 CB

    That is ignoring the possibility of a trade of #4 pick to drop down in Round 1 and getting some other picks from a team who wants to move up and get their QB.

    This is my story and I'm sticking to it, until 8 pm tonight. I can't wait!

  14. #29
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,048

    If Mayfield goes first i could see the Giants taking Darnold. If Darnold goes first i thibk its Barkley or Chubb.

  15. #30
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,742

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    What is John Dorsey's track record on drafts and quarterback selection? Has he ever run a draft where he drafted a quarterback?
    I'm not so sure he's the one making the decisions. He wasn't given a say in the HC, so I see no reason to think he's got the final authority in who they draft either.

Top