Western Conference Favorite

View Poll Results: Who ya got

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

    2 22.22%
  • Clippers

    5 55.56%
  • Rockets

    1 11.11%
  • Warriors

    0 0%
  • Blazers

    0 0%
  • Jazz

    0 0%
  • Nuggets

    0 0%
  • Anyone but the Warriors

    1 11.11%
  1. #1
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    4,004

    Western Conference Favorite

    We got the East pretty well hashed our, so letís get to work on the clustereff that is the West.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,851

    Wide open.

  3. #3
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,818

    Nuts how deep the West is. While not favorites, the Spurs can still reach upper 40 to 50 wins. The Kings made huge strides last year. Luka will make Dallas a contender sooner, rather than later.

  4. #4
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,275

    The West is going to be must see basketball night in and night out. You have the favorites: Lakers, Clippers, GSW, Houston. You have extremely talented young teams: Denver, Utah, Dallas, Kings, TWolves. This list doesn’t even include the Spurs who still have the best coach in basketball. It also doesn’t have Portland who made the Western conference finals last year. Then you can’t forget about the Pelicans and Zion. Basically the only teams in the West who aren’t must see are the Grizzlies, Thunder, and Suns. I don’t think the NBA has ever been in a better position than they are right now.

  5. #5
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,736

    After yesterday, give me the Rockets as the favorites.

  6. #6
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,366

    I'll go with the following.

    1. Clippers
    2. Lakers
    3. Rockets
    4. Nuggets
    5. Jazz
    6. Blazers
    7. Warriors

    The Nuggets were possibly #1 before the offseason became official.

  7. #7
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,195

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    After yesterday, give me the Rockets as the favorites.
    So you think Harden and Westbrook will help each other? Their team will be better with them together than their teams were with their previous "sidekicks"?

  8. #8
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,275

    It’s no secret that I haven’t exactly been a fan of the Warriors. I’m just never a fan of dynasties. But my goodness I’m not sure I can take the Warriors slander anymore. There are people out there that aren’t even picking them to make the playoffs. Are you kidding me? The Warriors still have a top 5 player in the league, the best coach in the league not named Gregg Poppovich, they signed an All Star in Deangelo Russell, Draymond Green is still there, and when Klay comes back they gain another All Star. To act like this team is just going to go from dynasty to mediocre in 1 year is just absurd. The Warriors should still be listed as one of the favorites to win the finals once Klay comes back and they’ll be more than good enough to tread water until he gets back.

  9. #9
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,195

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    It’s no secret that I haven’t exactly been a fan of the Warriors. I’m just never a fan of dynasties. But my goodness I’m not sure I can take the Warriors slander anymore. There are people out there that aren’t even picking them to make the playoffs. Are you kidding me? The Warriors still have a top 5 player in the league, the best coach in the league not named Gregg Poppovich, they signed an All Star in Deangelo Russell, Draymond Green is still there, and when Klay comes back they gain another All Star. To act like this team is just going to go from dynasty to mediocre in 1 year is just absurd. The Warriors should still be listed as one of the favorites to win the finals once Klay comes back and they’ll be more than good enough to tread water until he gets back.
    The 2015 champion Warriors started Steph, Klay, Draymond, Bogut and Harrison Barnes with Iguodala off the bench. When Klay gets back, you could certainly argue this year's team has just as much talent.

  10. #10
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    4,004

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    The 2015 champion Warriors started Steph, Klay, Draymond, Bogut and Harrison Barnes with Iguodala off the bench. When Klay gets back, you could certainly argue this year's team has just as much talent.
    Losing Iggy is a really big deal. Someone has to limit LeBron to 30/11/7 to lighten Klay’s load in the Playoffs... Not saying that guy isn’t on their roster, and truthfully, Draymond seems like a capable candidate, just that that guy hasn’t made his impression yet.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,449

    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    Losing Iggy is a really big deal. Someone has to limit LeBron to 30/11/7 to lighten Klay’s load in the Playoffs... Not saying that guy isn’t on their roster, and truthfully, Draymond seems like a capable candidate, just that that guy hasn’t made his impression yet.
    Lebron also isn't 2015 Lebron anymore either though.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,449

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    It’s no secret that I haven’t exactly been a fan of the Warriors. I’m just never a fan of dynasties. But my goodness I’m not sure I can take the Warriors slander anymore. There are people out there that aren’t even picking them to make the playoffs. Are you kidding me? The Warriors still have a top 5 player in the league, the best coach in the league not named Gregg Poppovich, they signed an All Star in Deangelo Russell, Draymond Green is still there, and when Klay comes back they gain another All Star. To act like this team is just going to go from dynasty to mediocre in 1 year is just absurd. The Warriors should still be listed as one of the favorites to win the finals once Klay comes back and they’ll be more than good enough to tread water until he gets back.
    Agreed! The Warriors are a team who may end up being a lower seed because of Klay missing a lot of the season. However, they will make the playoffs. Which could set up one of the top seeds next year with a possible one and done playoffs. Imagine Lakers being a 1 or 2 seed and having to face the Warriors in the first round. I wouldn't want to be the Lakers in that scenario. A top team like the Warriors who all of a sudden wouldn't have any pressure on them is very dangerous.

Top