Track the NBA basketball season. March

  1. #1
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    36,815

    Track the NBA basketball season. March

    Not sure what week we are in, but the season is coming down the stretch with just over 20 games remaining.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    36,815

    Last night the Heat blew a 24 point lead to the Magic as Orlando won in impressive fashion. The Heat have struggled all season in closing out games and have a tendency to go in odd droughts... mainly because they have no structure. First half was about as good as I have seen them play, scoring 63 points with Wade and James both over 20 and only missing 3 shots combined. Second half was a complete role reversal.

  3. #3
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    67,818

    I can't believe the Heat blew that game last night. I kept seeing tweets with how awesome they were but that quickly went away in the 2nd half.

    Bugatti would we be allowed to have a monthly NBA thread? I know we weren't allowed to have just 1 or 2 for the year because they got to long but there usually isn't enough discussion about it in just a week.

  4. #4
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    67,818

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Last night the Heat blew a 24 point lead to the Magic as Orlando won in impressive fashion. The Heat have struggled all season in closing out games and have a tendency to go in odd droughts... mainly because they have no structure. First half was about as good as I have seen them play, scoring 63 points with Wade and James both over 20 and only missing 3 shots combined. Second half was a complete role reversal.
    They were like 18-21 in the first half!!!

  5. #5
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    36,815

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I can't believe the Heat blew that game last night. I kept seeing tweets with how awesome they were but that quickly went away in the 2nd half.

    Bugatti would we be allowed to have a monthly NBA thread? I know we weren't allowed to have just 1 or 2 for the year because they got to long but there usually isn't enough discussion about it in just a week.
    Do whatever your heart desires When they get so long, it gets confusing for all.

  6. #6
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    67,818

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Do whatever your heart desires
    I will keep this post saved for future reference.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    I watched the 4th quarter, and it was ugly from a Heat perspective. Orlando trailed 80-71 heading into the final period. Miami scored the first two of the quarter to take an 82-71 lead. Orlando turned the ball over 4 times in the first 3 minutes of the quarter, yet Miami did nothing. Here's the first three minutes of the 4th in a nutshell.

    Gilbert Arenas turns the ball over.
    Bosh hits a 19' jumper (82-71).
    Dwight Howard gets fouled, hits two FT's (82-73).
    Gilbert Arenas turns the ball over.
    Dwyane Wade gets fouled, misses two FT's.
    Backcourt violation, Magic turnover.
    Jason Richardson hits a three (82-76).
    Gilbert Arenas turns the ball over.
    Jason Richardson hits a three (82-79).
    Timeout Miami.

    After the timeout, a Ryan Anderson layup was sandwiched between two Arenas threes to give Orlando an 87-82 lead. Miami called another timeout. After the timeout, Nelson hits layup to cap an 18-0 run and give Orlando an 89-82 lead.

    The Magic hit 16 of 29 from long range. Miami was 3 of 17. The trio of Chalmers, Bibby and Miller were 3 of 12. Ugly performance in the second half, especially the 4th quarter, by Miami. They got outscored 28-16 in the last quarter, and 54-33 in the half.

    They've got some big games coming up against the Lakers and Bulls. I think they need to find a way to win at least one of those. I would say beating Chicago is more important for seeding in the conference and confidence against them in a possible playoff matchup.

  8. #8
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    67,818

    Did anyone see Lebron wack Bosh in the head with that pass? I guess he wasn't happy he went 5-15.

    Beating Chicago could be very big.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    Miami is playing @ San Antonio tonight. I overlooked that one.

  10. #10
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    67,818

    Spurs are currently pounding the Heat.

  11. #11
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    50,205

    Spurs won by 30 over Miami...

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Wow Miami is bad right now. My brother was so mad about this one, but I'm resigned to the fact that the Three Amigo's deserve this. If for no other reason that stupid championship party they had when all three of them signed.

  13. #13
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    50,205

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Wow Miami is bad right now. My brother was so mad about this one, but I'm resigned to the fact that the Three Amigo's deserve this. If for no other reason that stupid championship party they had when all three of them signed.
    It's not just the fact that Miami is playing bad. San Antonio is really good right now too.

  14. #14
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    67,818

    Heat and Bulls tied(Bulls have tiebreaker) now for 3rd big game coming up. That would put Miami is a really bad spot in the first round. They might not get past the Knicks.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    It's not just the fact that Miami is playing bad. San Antonio is really good right now too.
    No doubt. I've been on the Spurs since about December, it would be boring to watch them make a deep run but it would be nice to see Duncan make one final push for a title before his career is over IMO.

Top