1. #1
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    31,182

    Default Track the NBA basketball season. March

    Not sure what week we are in, but the season is coming down the stretch with just over 20 games remaining.

  2. #2
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    31,182
    Last night the Heat blew a 24 point lead to the Magic as Orlando won in impressive fashion. The Heat have struggled all season in closing out games and have a tendency to go in odd droughts... mainly because they have no structure. First half was about as good as I have seen them play, scoring 63 points with Wade and James both over 20 and only missing 3 shots combined. Second half was a complete role reversal.

  3. #3
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    60,463
    I can't believe the Heat blew that game last night. I kept seeing tweets with how awesome they were but that quickly went away in the 2nd half.

    Bugatti would we be allowed to have a monthly NBA thread? I know we weren't allowed to have just 1 or 2 for the year because they got to long but there usually isn't enough discussion about it in just a week.

  4. #4
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    60,463
    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Last night the Heat blew a 24 point lead to the Magic as Orlando won in impressive fashion. The Heat have struggled all season in closing out games and have a tendency to go in odd droughts... mainly because they have no structure. First half was about as good as I have seen them play, scoring 63 points with Wade and James both over 20 and only missing 3 shots combined. Second half was a complete role reversal.
    They were like 18-21 in the first half!!!

  5. #5
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    31,182
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I can't believe the Heat blew that game last night. I kept seeing tweets with how awesome they were but that quickly went away in the 2nd half.

    Bugatti would we be allowed to have a monthly NBA thread? I know we weren't allowed to have just 1 or 2 for the year because they got to long but there usually isn't enough discussion about it in just a week.
    Do whatever your heart desires When they get so long, it gets confusing for all.

  6. #6
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    60,463
    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Do whatever your heart desires
    I will keep this post saved for future reference.

  7. #7
    Registered User 5wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629
    I watched the 4th quarter, and it was ugly from a Heat perspective. Orlando trailed 80-71 heading into the final period. Miami scored the first two of the quarter to take an 82-71 lead. Orlando turned the ball over 4 times in the first 3 minutes of the quarter, yet Miami did nothing. Here's the first three minutes of the 4th in a nutshell.

    Gilbert Arenas turns the ball over.
    Bosh hits a 19' jumper (82-71).
    Dwight Howard gets fouled, hits two FT's (82-73).
    Gilbert Arenas turns the ball over.
    Dwyane Wade gets fouled, misses two FT's.
    Backcourt violation, Magic turnover.
    Jason Richardson hits a three (82-76).
    Gilbert Arenas turns the ball over.
    Jason Richardson hits a three (82-79).
    Timeout Miami.

    After the timeout, a Ryan Anderson layup was sandwiched between two Arenas threes to give Orlando an 87-82 lead. Miami called another timeout. After the timeout, Nelson hits layup to cap an 18-0 run and give Orlando an 89-82 lead.

    The Magic hit 16 of 29 from long range. Miami was 3 of 17. The trio of Chalmers, Bibby and Miller were 3 of 12. Ugly performance in the second half, especially the 4th quarter, by Miami. They got outscored 28-16 in the last quarter, and 54-33 in the half.

    They've got some big games coming up against the Lakers and Bulls. I think they need to find a way to win at least one of those. I would say beating Chicago is more important for seeding in the conference and confidence against them in a possible playoff matchup.

  8. #8
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    60,463
    Did anyone see Lebron wack Bosh in the head with that pass? I guess he wasn't happy he went 5-15.

    Beating Chicago could be very big.

  9. #9
    Registered User 5wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629
    Miami is playing @ San Antonio tonight. I overlooked that one.

  10. #10
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    60,463
    Spurs are currently pounding the Heat.

  11. #11
    Premium Member halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    45,372
    Spurs won by 30 over Miami...

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708
    Wow Miami is bad right now. My brother was so mad about this one, but I'm resigned to the fact that the Three Amigo's deserve this. If for no other reason that stupid championship party they had when all three of them signed.

  13. #13
    Premium Member halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    45,372
    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Wow Miami is bad right now. My brother was so mad about this one, but I'm resigned to the fact that the Three Amigo's deserve this. If for no other reason that stupid championship party they had when all three of them signed.
    It's not just the fact that Miami is playing bad. San Antonio is really good right now too.

  14. #14
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    60,463
    Heat and Bulls tied(Bulls have tiebreaker) now for 3rd big game coming up. That would put Miami is a really bad spot in the first round. They might not get past the Knicks.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708
    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    It's not just the fact that Miami is playing bad. San Antonio is really good right now too.
    No doubt. I've been on the Spurs since about December, it would be boring to watch them make a deep run but it would be nice to see Duncan make one final push for a title before his career is over IMO.

  16. #16
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    60,463
    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    No doubt. I've been on the Spurs since about December, it would be boring to watch them make a deep run but it would be nice to see Duncan make one final push for a title before his career is over IMO.
    Spurs are playing really good right now but it's all about matchups come playoff time and I don't think they matchup very good vs the Lakers other than the PG spot.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Spurs are playing really good right now but it's all about matchups come playoff time and I don't think they matchup very good vs the Lakers other than the PG spot.
    I think their lack of size is a concern but I think Ginobili will be a tough matchup for LA because I don't think Artest can guard him and he will be tourture on Kobe if the Mamba has to guard him will also trying to lead the offense. If I was going to bet I would take LA but I think San Antonio is the team they least want to face in the West by a large margin. JMO.

  18. #18
    Premium Member halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    45,372
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Spurs are playing really good right now but it's all about matchups come playoff time and I don't think they matchup very good vs the Lakers other than the PG spot.
    The Spurs are 2-0 vs LA right now. That doesn't mean they will beat them in a series, but it's not like the Lakers have dominated them so far this year. The Spurs are a verteran team that knows how to win championships. It's not crazy to think they stand a chance to win the NBA championship this year. And if it comes down to a Spurs/Lakers series, the Spurs will have home court advantage. They are very very good at home.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708
    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    The Spurs are 2-0 vs LA right now. That doesn't mean they will beat them in a series, but it's not like the Lakers have dominated them so far this year. The Spurs are a verteran team that knows how to win championships. It's not crazy to think they stand a chance to win the NBA championship this year. And if it comes down to a Spurs/Lakers series, the Spurs will have home court advantage. They are very very good at home.
    And head to head record has proven to be a huge indicator of how a team will play vs. another team in the playoffs. May not matter for LA because I think they, along with Boston, view the regular season in a different manner than most NBA teams do. But, I think as of today San Antonio would have more than a punchers chance against anyone. San Antonio has been a huge problem for the Lakers for the last 10+ years, give or take a few years where LA was clearly better like the Shaq-Kobe years.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708
    Heat lost another close one today. All they had to do was box out on a free throw and they could have controlled the end of the game. Instead Deng gets his own miss and the Heat end up down by 1. I wonder if LBJ is wishing he had went to NY now? I am.