Scott Brooks Fired; Who Will be the Next Coach of the Thunder?

  1. #1
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Scott Brooks Fired; Who Will be the Next Coach of the Thunder?

    Brooks has officially been fired.

    Will Kevin Ollie accept? He's the guy the Thunder are said to really want.

    Billy Donovan has a history with the OKC front office regime.

    What about a guy like Thibodeau?

    Definitely a very nice situation for whomever takes over IMO.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    1,049

    Dont think it will be a good situation soon, Westbrook or Durant will be out of there

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Louisville, but go Cats!
    Posts
    3,266

    Coach Cal to the Thunder

  4. #4
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Thibs...

    Simmons thinks Ollie and/or Donovan will be the first options at this point.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,188

    Well this does worry me a little bit. I have always said that I truly believe Cal will leave UK to go back to the NBA one day. However for him to do that it would have to be a situation with a star or even stars on it for him to make the jump because it has to be a job he believes he can win at to leave UK for. So this job does worry me a little bit if the Thunder try to make a run at him.

  6. #6
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    JMO, but the job is Donovan's if he wants it.

    If I were the Thunder I'd wait to see what happens with Thibodeau though.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Louisville, but go Cats!
    Posts
    3,266

    In all seriousness, I think Billy Donavan gets the job.

  8. #8
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    JMO, but the job is Donovan's if he wants it.

    If I were the Thunder I'd wait to see what happens with Thibodeau though.
    Agreed, it really comes down to who KD will be most happy with. Not sure that would be Thibs though.

  9. #9
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Well this does worry me a little bit. I have always said that I truly believe Cal will leave UK to go back to the NBA one day. However for him to do that it would have to be a situation with a star or even stars on it for him to make the jump because it has to be a job he believes he can win at to leave UK for. So this job does worry me a little bit if the Thunder try to make a run at him.
    I don't think Cal is even on the radar for them.

  10. #10
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Agreed, it really comes down to who KD will be most happy with. Not sure that would be Thibs though.
    Yeah, not sure I can see his defensive minded style playing well with Durant and Westbrook.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    211

    Donovan>Cal. Gotta coach in the league.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,188

    Quote Originally Posted by GB32 View Post
    Donovan>Cal. Gotta coach in the league.
    You also have to manage personalities. If it were just coaching ability then Pitino wouldn't have failed in the NBA because he can coach as well as anyone.

  13. #13
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Why was he fired? It seems to me that he got a raw deal.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    hills
    Posts
    1,359

    Donovan to OKC. Cal takes over for Monty Williams in New Orleans after the Pelicans lose in the 1st round.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Brooks got screwed royally. He shouldn't have been fired. Dumb......

Top