Phil Jackson Comments on Carmelo Anthony...

Page 2 of Mike Vorkunov‏ @MIKE_Vorkunov Phil Jackson on Carmelo Anthony: "I think the direction with our team is that he would be better off somewhere... 23 comments | 504 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,637

    Why not unload him months ago and get max value for him? Somebody could have used him for a playoff push.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    90,902

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Mike Vorkunov‏ @MIKE_Vorkunov

    Phil Jackson on Carmelo Anthony: "I think the direction with our team is that he would be better off somewhere else."
    And what direction would that be exactly?

  3. #18
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,539

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    And what direction would that be exactly?

    Well they can't go down much further.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,299

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    If we're going to be real, Phil put in a coach who has no clue how to run the triangle, Jeff Hornacek and then gave him a player who never adapted to the triangle, Melo...gave him an injury prone shoot first PG who can't run the triangle....Derrick Rose and surrounded him with an injury prone draft pick...Kristaps Porzingis, Courtney Lee, Joakim Noah(how much does Joakim make), Ron Baker, Guillermo Hernangomez, Kyle O'Quinn, Justin Holiday, Lance Thomas....I mean seriously...we're going to blame Carmelo for the Knicks woes when Phil built this team?
    I think Phil is just collecting a big pay check. I don't think he even wanted the job but Dolan threw so much money at him, he took it. He has been abysmal in this role IMO. I am not a big Carmelo fan...the guy is a great player but does not make others around him much better IMO. However, what Phil has done to Melo is wrong. He made Melo answer questions about the Knicks situation all year and Phil never had the stones to answer questions himself.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,299

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    FWIW, Porzingis skipped his exit interviews because he said he couldn't stand the drama of the Knicks anymore. Melo went to his didn't he?
    I would love to see Porzingis ask for a trade...preferably to the Celtics

  6. #21
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,020

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I think Phil is just collecting a big pay check. I don't think he even wanted the job but Dolan threw so much money at him, he took it. He has been abysmal in this role IMO. I am not a big Carmelo fan...the guy is a great player but does not make others around him much better IMO. However, what Phil has done to Melo is wrong. He made Melo answer questions about the Knicks situation all year and Phil never had the stones to answer questions himself.
    Agree with all of this. Melo has his flaws but Phil has continually thrown Melo under the bus all season long.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,612

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Agree with all of this. Melo has his flaws but Phil has continually thrown Melo under the bus all season long.
    At the end of the day Melo messed things up for himself at the end of his Denver days. If I remember correctly he was on the last year of his contract, and could have joined the Knicks at the end of that season or maybe the season after. Which if he would have waited instead of pushing for the trade. He could have joined the Knicks with the nice young talent they had in place. Instead he kept pushing for the trade right then, and the Knicks traded away a lot of those talented young pieces they already had to get him. If he could have just played that contract out, he would have joined a talented Knicks team.

    He put himself in a position with not not around him for years before Jackson even came. Then he had a chance to leave a few years ago and stayed for the money, since the Knicks could offer more. He never really has allowed himself to even get in a position to be on a winner.

  8. #23
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,020

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    At the end of the day Melo messed things up for himself at the end of his Denver days. If I remember correctly he was on the last year of his contract, and could have joined the Knicks at the end of that season or maybe the season after. Which if he would have waited instead of pushing for the trade. He could have joined the Knicks with the nice young talent they had in place. Instead he kept pushing for the trade right then, and the Knicks traded away a lot of those talented young pieces they already had to get him. If he could have just played that contract out, he would have joined a talented Knicks team.

    He put himself in a position with not not around him for years before Jackson even came. Then he had a chance to leave a few years ago and stayed for the money, since the Knicks could offer more. He never really has allowed himself to even get in a position to be on a winner.

    Agree with all of this too. Also, he could have gone to Chicago with a healthy Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler but he chose the Knicks over the Bulls who were a better team than the Knicks. Melo has made some awful decisions for sure but for all of the bad he has done and for all his flaws on the court I still blame Phil for the Knicks being a trainwreck this season and not Melo. Kristaps Porzingis' recent behavior is a sign of how bad things are in New York. He's in
    year of his NBA career and even he is like....this is unacceptable.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Melo and Phil are the worst things that could have happened to the Knicks.

    Phil's ego will never have him admit he is a horrible GM. Melo's selfishness will prevent him from ever leading a team, any team, from ever winning a Championship

Top