NBA MVP Race

Page 2 of Most aren't aware the NBA season has started, so lets pre-heat the oven and get the takes thawed out. Simple question; who's the MVP? Here's how BBR se... 61 comments | 2564 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    Russ
    Harden
    KD
    Lebron
    Kawhi

    Right now it is Russ and it isn't close. He is insane right now.

    I think the next four are extremely close to one another and interchangeable. Lebron is suffering from MJ Fatigue. The condition where you are the best player on the planet but for some reason you have to do more than normal to prove your worth. Lebron is the real MVP but as long as Russ, Harden, KD and Kawhi are doing what they are doing then he won't win the MVP award. He'll just keep winning titles like MJ did.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    FreeKodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Location
    Covington, Kentucky
    Posts
    505

    Russ has to have the lead by a huge margin at this point in the season, He's averaging a Triple-Double through 19 games this season.

  3. #18
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    What Russ is doing is insane. If he can keep up at this pace. Good God Almighty.

  4. #19
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,117

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    What Russ is doing is insane. If he can keep up at this pace. Good God Almighty.
    Unreal, I think he's had a triple-double in 7 of his last 8 games.

  5. #20
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,553

    Now seems like a fun time to revisit this with Harden's NYE explosion.

    The favorites:
    Harden 28/12/8 (26-9; 3rd in Western Conference)
    Westbrook 30/10/10 (21-13; 5th in Western Conference)

    Because I'm a fan:
    LeBron 25/8/7 (25-7; 1st in Eastern Conference)

    Because I predicted he would win '16-17 MVP in this thread:
    Leonard 24/6/3 (27-7; 2nd in Western Conference)

  6. #21
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    8,420

    Chicago Bulls Jimmy Butler he had his Michael Jordan moment last night scoring 52 points, 12 rebounds and 6 assist.

  7. #22
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,553

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Chicago Bulls Jimmy Butler he had his Michael Jordan moment last night scoring 52 points, 12 rebounds and 6 assist.
    I may have sent mixed signals by including Kawhi's numbers in my last post, but we're not discussing bums in this thread. Strictly MVP candidates.

  8. #23
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    38,936

    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    I may have sent mixed signals by including Kawhi's numbers in my last post, but we're not discussing bums in this thread. Strictly MVP candidates.
    Jimmy Butler will make you think that about him sometime.

    My pick, Russ, I still think is in the lead. Harden and the league's worst shooter, LeBron James, just behind.

  9. #24
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,553

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Jimmy Butler will make you think that about him sometime.

    My pick, Russ, I still think is in the lead. Harden and the league's worst shooter, LeBron James, just behind.
    It's gonna be tough to beat a triple-double average, but if the Rockets can grab the 2-seed, Harden might just do it.

  10. #25
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    9,736

    Westbrook has the lead. The race is only between he and Harden unless an injury happens. Lebron has no shot unless they are both hurt.

  11. #26
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    It's gonna be tough to beat a triple-double average, but if the Rockets can grab the 2-seed, Harden might just do it.
    Not if OKC is the 5 seed or higher.

  12. #27
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    My son and I have this argument going on this season. Who has more help? Harden at Houston or Russ at OKC?

    I say Harden has more help and a better team and that Russ has to come close to averaging a triple double for OKC to win. He says Russ has more help and OKC is better than Houston and that Harden should be MVP.

    Who is right? Pops or The Second Coming?

  13. #28
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,553

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Not if OKC is the 5 seed or higher.
    I said might. And I agree with you, assuming stats stay where they are, fifth would probably be surprising enough to win it for Russ.

    And to your other question, the Rockets are a better team than OKC.

    So is the MVP the best player on the best team or the player carrying more of the load for his (also good) team?

  14. #29
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    I said might. And I agree with you, assuming stats stay where they are, fifth would probably be surprising enough to win it for Russ.

    And to your other question, the Rockets are a better team than OKC.

    So is the MVP the best player on the best team or the player carrying more of the load for his (also good) team?
    I think it depends. In this case Russ having OKC as the fifth seed or higher has me shocked so I give him the nod. If Harden gets the Rockets the #1 seed then I'm good with him getting it over a #4 or #5 seed OKC.

  15. #30
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,553

    Name:  IMG_2039.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  91.8 KB

    Does the real IT get any looks here?

Top