Mason County's Darius Miller Returning to the NBA

  1. #1

  2. #2
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,257

    Didn't they cut him once? Congrats to Darius, thrilled to see our kids do well.

  3. #3
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,330

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Didn't they cut him once? Congrats to Darius, thrilled to see our kids do well.
    Yes, he's been playing in Germany and doing very well. I think they won back to back titles and he was the MVP. Word was he was only coming back if he got a good NBA deal.

  4. #4
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    56,241

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Yes, he's been playing in Germany and doing very well. I think they won back to back titles and he was the MVP. Word was he was only coming back if he got a good NBA deal.
    This is pretty much the story. Has been making a nice living in Germany.

  5. #5
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    6,134

    Good for Darius. He deserves another shot.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    6,742

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    This is pretty much the story. Has been making a nice living in Germany.
    I can't imagine being a 9-12th man off the bench for an NBA team would pay anywhere near to what he makes in Germany. Can see wanting to getting back in the states and NBA, but isn't this a step back financially?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    8,890

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    This is pretty much the story. Has been making a nice living in Germany.
    Sehr gut.

  8. #8
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,330

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    I can't imagine being a 9-12th man off the bench for an NBA team would pay anywhere near to what he makes in Germany. Can see wanting to getting back in the states and NBA, but isn't this a step back financially?
    My guess is he's going to be making much more. Probably 2-3X more

  9. #9
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,422

    If he's signed to a 1 year minimum salary deal, he's going to make $1,524,305. Definitely more than he'd make in Germany.

  10. #10
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,330

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    If he's signed to a 1 year minimum salary deal, he's going to make $1,524,305. Definitely more than he'd make in Germany.
    I can't find his salary with that team, but I'm guessing it wasn't over $1M.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    6,742

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    If he's signed to a 1 year minimum salary deal, he's going to make $1,524,305. Definitely more than he'd make in Germany.
    I thought the NBA minimum was half that amount or less, if that's the case he probably wouldn't make that amount over many seasons in Germany. Does that minimum amount apply to free agents and players that come in from the D-League as well?

  12. #12
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,330

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    I thought the NBA minimum was half that amount or less, if that's the case he probably wouldn't make that amount over many seasons in Germany. Does that minimum amount apply to free agents and players that come in from the D-League as well?
    It depends on how many seasons of service you have. 0 years is $815,615

    He has 3 years so the min is $1,524,305 for 1 year contract and $1,600,520 for the 2nd year. Assuming they gave him the minimum. Not sure if any of it's guaranteed. I'd assume at least the first year is or he wouldn't have taken the deal.

  13. #13
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,422

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    I thought the NBA minimum was half that amount or less, if that's the case he probably wouldn't make that amount over many seasons in Germany. Does that minimum amount apply to free agents and players that come in from the D-League as well?
    The NBA minimum is based on years of service. If you're on an NBA roster for even one day in a season, you accumulate a year of service. Miller has 3 years of service so his is the $1.5M.

    A guy that has never been in the league signed to a minimum deal would make roughly $800K.

    NBA Minimum Salary Structure

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    6,742

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    It depends on how many seasons of service you have. 0 years is $815,615

    He has 3 years so the min is $1,524,305 for 1 year contract and $1,600,520 for the 2nd year. Assuming they gave him the minimum. Not sure if any of it's guaranteed. I'd assume at least the first year is or he wouldn't have taken the deal.
    Just wondering, if he gets cut before the season starts, does he get all of that 1.5? What happens to him returning back to Germany at this point?

  15. #15
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,330

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    Just wondering, if he gets cut before the season starts, does he get all of that 1.5? What happens to him returning back to Germany at this point?
    No one has any of those details at this point that I've seen. I'm guessing the first year is guaranteed. So if they cut him (Which they wouldn't) he would still get paid and would be free to go back to Germany.

Top