LeBron Signs With The Lakers

Page 5 of Four year deal per Woj.... 113 comments | 16303 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,668

    How much is Lance getting?
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,073

    Lakers have a lot of work to do to get Lebron some shooting. Right now this is not a great shooting team.

  3. #63
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,073

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    How much is Lance getting?
    $4.5M I believe.

  4. #64
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,668

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    $4.5M I believe.
    Okay. Cool. I’m good with that.

  5. #65
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,912

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Lakers have a lot of work to do to get Lebron some shooting. Right now this is not a great shooting team.
    Yes. LeBron needs more help

  6. #66
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,456

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Worked for OKC. Problem this time around is the Lakers can offer one of the best packages out of anyone. Celtics and Sixers would potentially make a better offer, but the Lakers arenít far behind.
    When you say the Lakers can offer one of the best packages, are you talking about a financial package for Kawhi or a trade deal for the Spurs?

    I think all that matters in that situation is the Spurs getting the best package they can for Kawhi. Who can give him the best contract is not much of a factor because the Spurs don't care about Kawhi's contract. They care about getting the players that make their team better.

  7. #67
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,456

    The contract LeBron signed with LA tells us all we need to know - a four year commitment. LeBron went to LA in large part because he trusts Magic and the Lakers to get him a championship winning roster. LeBron never trusted the Cavs and Gilbert. That is why LeBron had the opt out clauses in his Cavs deals.

  8. #68
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,912

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    The contract LeBron signed with LA tells us all we need to know - a four year commitment. LeBron went to LA in large part because he trusts Magic and the Lakers to get him a championship winning roster. LeBron never trusted the Cavs and Gilbert. That is why LeBron had the opt out clauses in his Cavs deals.
    Yep. My theory on it all is that LeBron went back to Cleveland to win a title first and to shove it to Gilbert as much as possible, which he has. LeBron was equally as culpable in not allowing the Cavs to build a roster because all he would ever commit to were one-year deals. How can you build around that? Then when he does peace out, you have a roster of over-paid LeBron buddies who in by themselves are solid pieces, but in no way would you ever construct a roster that way. Time to tank in Cleveland.

    But if I am Gilbert and Cleveland, who cares? You got your title.

  9. #69
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,073

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    When you say the Lakers can offer one of the best packages, are you talking about a financial package for Kawhi or a trade deal for the Spurs?

    I think all that matters in that situation is the Spurs getting the best package they can for Kawhi. Who can give him the best contract is not much of a factor because the Spurs don't care about Kawhi's contract. They care about getting the players that make their team better.
    I'm not sure what you mean by financial packages. I'm taking about trade packages with the Spurs. Not Kawhi's contract.

  10. #70
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,912

    LeBron to the Lakers just seems right. As much of a bozo he is, I realize he is an all time great. All time greats deserve to be on the highest of stages, and nothing epitomizes that more than the Lake Show.

  11. #71
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,912

    I also have trust in Magic Johnson. There are those people in life who can touch anything and it turns to gold. That is Magic in a nutshell. Well, maybe not "The Magic Hour," but everything else does.

  12. #72
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,056

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I also have trust in Magic Johnson. There are those people in life who can touch anything and it turns to gold. That is Magic in a nutshell. Well, maybe not "The Magic Hour," but everything else does.
    Not much success so far with the Lakers management but that should change now.

  13. #73
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,056

    Rondo in and randle out

  14. #74
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    46,699

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Rondo in and randle out
    Nice pickup, where does this leave Lonzo? Besides the bench?

  15. #75
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    46,699

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Rondo in and randle out
    Where is big Julius going? Was it a trade?

Top