Kawhi Leonard has asked to be traded...

Page 3 of Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania Kawhi Leonard wants out from the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo. Let the chaos begin. Advertisement ... 38 comments | 10686 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    9,975

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    That’s a lot of bad blood down there.
    I mean I get it. But money talks. If I were him I would of made SA make the first move, I have a feeling they weren't going to offer the super max. Then the team is the bad guy. The whole story is confusing and I hope we really find out the truth. Did Pop and R.C. Buford stab him in the back with the media?
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,903

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    I mean I get it. But money talks. If I were him I would of made SA make the first move, I have a feeling they weren't going to offer the super max. Then the team is the bad guy. The whole story is confusing and I hope we really find out the truth. Did Pop and R.C. Buford stab him in the back with the media?
    I can’t recall anyone other than Tony Parker really saying anything that would be considered as negative towards Kawhi and even then Tony Parker never said his name.

  3. #33
    LIPTON BASH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    9,975

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I can’t recall anyone other than Tony Parker really saying anything that would be considered as negative towards Kawhi and even then Tony Parker never said his name.
    I've read of speculation that Pop pushed Parker and Ginobli to speak out and also saw where most people think the leaks to a couple reporters have been from Buford . But nothing concrete.

  4. #34
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,903

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    I've read of speculation that Pop pushed Parker and Ginobli to speak out and also saw where most people think the leaks to a couple reporters have been from Buford . But nothing concrete.
    Makes sense.

    Also, seeing as how Kawhi essentially requested a trade through the media that also makes it hard to believe for me that they’ll send him where he wants to be. If they send him anywhere at all.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    15,520

    I would love to see him go to the Lakers (my favorite NBA team) but if he is set on leaving after this upcoming season and won't resign. The Spurs will then probably trade him rather than just let him walk and get nothing for him. The reason I think they would not trade him to the Lakers is that there are a number of teams that could offer the Spurs more talent than what the Lakers could.imo

  6. #36
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,161

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    I would love to see him go to the Lakers (my favorite NBA team) but if he is set on leaving after this upcoming season and won't resign. The Spurs will then probably trade him rather than just let him walk and get nothing for him. The reason I think they would not trade him to the Lakers is that there are a number of teams that could offer the Spurs more talent than what the Lakers could.imo
    It's not likely those teams are going to give away the farm for 1 year of Kawhi, which is exactly why his camp has orchestrated this entire thing.

  7. #37
    P_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Location
    The Backcourt
    Posts
    202

    Philly is loaded with picks and is ready to contend now. No disrespect to JJ, but they donít have an experienced guy who can make a difference when the youngsters are off in the playoffs, and they arenít finding one with the tenth pick. Kawhi fills that void and then a little.

  8. #38
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,161

    @ShamsCharania

    The Los Angeles Lakers have reached out to the San Antonio Spurs to express interest in All-Star Kawhi Leonard, league sources tell Yahoo. No proposals have been discussed.

  9. #39
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,049

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    @ShamsCharania

    The Los Angeles Lakers have reached out to the San Antonio Spurs to express interest in All-Star Kawhi Leonard, league sources tell Yahoo. No proposals have been discussed.
    Read on reddit that a Lakers source said Spurs shut the door on them.

Top