How Would you Rank the Final Eight Teams?

  1. #1
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,125

    How Would you Rank the Final Eight Teams?

    Golden State
    Houston
    Philadelphia
    Utah
    New Orleans
    Toronto
    Cleveland
    Boston

    Despite ranking them higher, I donít trust Toronto as far as I can see them.

    For as good of a matchup OKC was for Utah, Houston is a bad matchup for them.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    10,441

    1. Houston
    2. Golden State
    *big gap*
    3. Utah
    4. Toronto
    5. Pelicans
    6. Philly
    7. Cavs
    8. Boston

  3. #3
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,611

    I feel like Cleveland should be #8 but with LeBron playing the way he is they might be as high as #3.

  4. #4
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,451

    1 Golden State
    2 Houston
    3. Phila
    4 . Toronto
    5. Boston
    6. Cleveland
    7. New Orleans
    8. Utah

  5. #5
    P_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Location
    The Backcourt
    Posts
    164

    Golden State and Cleveland are my picks for the Finals until LeBron jumps onto the scorer’s table again like he just won #4. Houston and Philly should be semi finalists, but CLE/PHI should be a good one. Utah would be here if not for the Rubio injury and their matchup, but if a bullfrog had wings... So Toronto and NO(because superstars are important) leapfrog them, and the young Celtics will get some meaningful minutes, but are ultimately not much of a factor without Kyrie.

    I guess mine is based on the likelihood of advancing, rather than a roster breakdown.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    43

    Like they said on the broadcast yesterday, Cleveland is not a very good team. Probably should be 8th on this list. But they have the best player in the NBA and he can be the difference. I think they beat Toronto but loose to Philly.

  7. #7
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    1. Houston
    2. Golden State
    3. Toronto
    4. Utah
    5. Boston
    6. Philadelphia
    7. Cleveland
    8. New Orleans

    If Boogie were healthy, I'd probably have NOLA #3.

  8. #8
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    1,957

    1. GSW
    2. HOU
    3. TOR
    4. CLE
    5. PHI
    6. UTA
    7. NOP
    8. BOS

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Golden State
    Houston
    Philadelphia
    Utah
    New Orleans
    Toronto
    Cleveland
    Boston

    Despite ranking them higher, I don’t trust Toronto as far as I can see them.

    For as good of a matchup OKC was for Utah, Houston is a bad matchup for them.
    Ranking them like a power ranking or likelihood to win the title?

  10. #10
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,611

    Going a little off topic but still playoff discussion... Has anyone watched the playoff playback shows they are doing on NBA TV? They take that days or day before playoff games and compact it down into 1 hour. It is well done and a great way to see what happened in a game.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    1. Houston
    2. Golden State
    3. Toronto
    4. Utah
    5. Boston
    6. Philadelphia
    7. Cleveland
    8. New Orleans

    If Boogie were healthy, I'd probably have NOLA #3.
    NOLA is interesting. I heard someone this week and I agree with this: they would be better with Cousins in this series because two bigs might give them a better chance against Golden State but in the long run against the league, they were better with Davis at the 5 and going small.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Going a little off topic but still playoff discussion... Has anyone watched the playoff playback shows they are doing on NBA TV? They take that days or day before playoff games and compact it down into 1 hour. It is well done and a great way to see what happened in a game.
    Yes! Love it!

  13. #13
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,125

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Ranking them like a power ranking or likelihood to win the title?
    I guess power ranking is how I was doing it.

  14. #14
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,125

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    NOLA is interesting. I heard someone this week and I agree with this: they would be better with Cousins in this series because two bigs might give them a better chance against Golden State but in the long run against the league, they were better with Davis at the 5 and going small.
    I agree. Generally speaking NOLA is/has been better without Cousins. This series they would cause havoc, but it is not as good of a match-up without him.

  15. #15
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,037

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I feel like Cleveland should be #8 but with LeBron playing the way he is they might be as high as #3.
    Same. I think Cleveland is the worst team of the bunch, but I also feel like they'll be in the NBA finals.

Top