Golden State 119 Houston 106 - Western Conference Finals (Game 1)

  1. #1
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,710

    Golden State 119 Houston 106 - Western Conference Finals (Game 1)

    Chuck said it best at halftime when the score was tied at 57 that both squads were scoring but Golden State was scoring much easier. I thought Houston played really well, but when Golden State is on, they are unstoppable.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,710

    Anyone else find the Houston Rockets as boring as I do? They are dreadful to watch. Plus having CP3 makes them that much more annoying. Can't stand that guy.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    I don't watch the NBA but there was an article in Sports Illustrated recently about their offense being very boring, and very efficient.

  4. #4
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,710

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    I don't watch the NBA but there was an article in Sports Illustrated recently about their offense being very boring, and very efficient.
    It is awful. Basically it is James Harden dribbling the shot clock down every possession at the top of the key. Other players stand outside the arc. Two things then happen. Harden will do a step-back three and try to draw contact. Or, if Harden gets by his man he drives and kicks it out for a three if the defense collapses or he gets to the hoop and attempts to draw a foul. Every fourth possession it will be CP3's turn to do the same routine. Getting back to efficiency, there was an advanced level stat on how the Houston Rocket's cover less distance per game on offense than any other team, yet finished second in the league in scoring. To have any kind of shot both CP3 and Harden have to be on... and they were last night, yet it was still never in doubt.

  5. #5
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,478

    The KD hot takes are coming in so fast and furious I can’t help but wonder if folks quit watching him play basketball for some reason. It’s like folks forgot how good he was.

  6. #6
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    46,386

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    The KD hot takes are coming in so fast and furious I can’t help but wonder if folks quit watching him play basketball for some reason. It’s like folks forgot how good he was.
    He's incredible.

    I still can't figure out why he doesn't get crushed for going there to win a ring the way Lebron did going to Miami.

    Without KD the Warriors are very very good, with him they are nearly unbeatable.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Houston's shot selection is AWFUL.

  8. #8
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,478

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    He's incredible.

    I still can't figure out why he doesn't get crushed for going there to win a ring the way Lebron did going to Miami.

    Without KD the Warriors are very very good, with him they are nearly unbeatable.
    He’s been crushed for it. A whole lot. Not LeBron scale crushing but he’s been crushed. People even brought back old tweets he said about how he would never join a team like that. OKC went all out to crush him. Cupcake t shirts and Koward t shirts.

  9. #9
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    46,386

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    He’s been crushed for it. A whole lot. Not LeBron scale crushing but he’s been crushed. People even brought back old tweets he said about how he would never join a team like that. OKC went all out to crush him. Cupcake t shirts and Koward t shirts.
    Yeah he has, but I guess I'm talking more national media than the fans.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Golden State can defend Houston the way no one else in the league can. McGee and Zaza didn't touch the floor and West played 3 minutes. Their "bigs" last night were KD, Green, and Looney. Houston runs a little screen action just to get a switch for Harden but the "best" match up they can get against the Warriors is Curry or Looney--which isn't bad at all. That means less help, fewer open threes, and fewer lobs to Cappela. They want to shoot 40-50 threes. Last night they shot 37 threes and to get to that number there were many forced late in the shot clock and many more contested.

  11. #11
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,478

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Yeah he has, but I guess I'm talking more national media than the fans.
    Gotcha. Yeah that has been selective.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Yeah he has, but I guess I'm talking more national media than the fans.
    Add in "The Decision" mess for LeBron and the hatred from his home town--that's the difference. I think KD has taken a lot from the fans and media for the decision but LeBron clearly took more.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Houston's shot selection is AWFUL.
    Defense has a lot to do with that.

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,156

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Defense has a lot to do with that.
    Houston's offensive scheme probably has even more to do with it.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Houston's offensive scheme probably has even more to do with it.
    They were 3rd in the league in scoring and have a record-setting offense in three-point attempts and makes. Their offense is pretty good. This defense is better.

Top