Fans Are Stupid

Page 6 of I really didn't think it could more ridiculous then someone trying to argue a 52 year old MJ could be Lebron, I was evidently wrong. AI versus LBJ and ... 87 comments | 1982 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by Djason Unchained View Post
    MJ never faced anyone like LBJ or Kobe ever in his career. I'm not just going to hand over a victory to MJ just because like the rest of Jordan fanboys are willing to do.
    No, he played against something like 25 of the all time top 50 players though. And he completely dominated. Jordan in his prime is like nothing any of today's players have ever seen...literally.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,485

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    How many times has LBJ choked before he finally got his first title? How do you know Jordan is fat and lazy and blah blah blah, are you with him 24 hours a day or something?



    Don't matter, they still played. Kobe is on his way out now and it won't be long til LBJ is gone...
    That's a terrible argument? How long did it take Mj to win a title?

    And you you don't like James because people correctly predicted him to be good.

  3. #78
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,409

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    That's a terrible argument? How long did it take Mj to win a title?

    And you you don't like James because people correctly predicted him to be good.
    Took LBJ 1 year less than it did Jordan...

    I don't like LBJ because all of the hype about him coming out of high school....I'm not saying he isn't good or great because he is and he will be one of the greats to ever play the game...


    I'm assuming you all are LBJ fans?

  4. #79
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,485

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Took LBJ 1 year less than it did Jordan...

    I don't like LBJ because all of the hype about him coming out of high school....I'm not saying he isn't good or great because he is and he will be one of the greats to ever play the game...


    I'm assuming you all are LBJ fans?
    I like James, MJ, Kobe, and pretty much every other extremely talented player. I don't fall in love with one and try to hate or dismiss all others. I don't have an NBA team so I just try to enjoy the show. I'm sure not going to hate on a player because of the hype others give him.

    My my point was you asked how many years James choked as evidence against him. Yet he won a title faster than MJ. How does that make sense? James took an awful Cleveland team to the finals. The year after he leaves didn't they finish last? The year after Jorden left the Bulls they won 55 games and made the second round of the playoffs.

  5. #80
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,409

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    I like James, MJ, Kobe, and pretty much every other extremely talented player. I don't fall in love with one and try to hate or dismiss all others. I don't have an NBA team so I just try to enjoy the show. I'm sure not going to hate on a player because of the hype others give him.

    My my point was you asked how many years James choked as evidence against him. Yet he won a title faster than MJ. How does that make sense? James took an awful Cleveland team to the finals. The year after he leaves didn't they finish last? The year after Jorden left the Bulls they won 55 games and made the second round of the playoffs.

    I don't have a problem with Kobe, Dirk, D-Wade (D-Wade is actually one of my favorite players), Pau, Garnett, Pierce or anyone else.

    My problem with LBJ is what people made him out to be when he was coming out of high school...

    Their was several games when the game was on the line and James choked down the stretch BUT he did get his first title faster than Jordan.

  6. #81
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,485

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    I don't have a problem with Kobe, Dirk, D-Wade (D-Wade is actually one of my favorite players), Pau, Garnett, Pierce or anyone else.

    My problem with LBJ is what people made him out to be when he was coming out of high school...

    Their was several games when the game was on the line and James choked down the stretch BUT he did get his first title faster than Jordan.
    But why would you hold it against James for what others predicted? Correctly predicted might I add.

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Took LBJ 1 year less than it did Jordan...

    I don't like LBJ because all of the hype about him coming out of high school....I'm not saying he isn't good or great because he is and he will be one of the greats to ever play the game...


    I'm assuming you all are LBJ fans?
    I'm a Kobe guy. Love me some Russ too. I don't hate Lebron at all though. Physically he is the best player I have ever seen.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    No, he played against something like 25 of the all time top 50 players though. And he completely dominated. Jordan in his prime is like nothing any of today's players have ever seen...literally.
    And not a single one of those players has the physical makeup of Lebron James and how many of those 25 players did he match up against? He and Magic didn't guard each other. He never guarded Larry Bird. He never guarded Barkley. He never guarded Dr. J. Lebron James is already one of the top 5 players of all time and because of all the MJ love Lebron will never be allowed to ascend to the fictional title of GOAT. Mentally MJ kills Lebron but physically Lebron would give MJ problems in a one-on-one game.

  9. #84
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,409

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    But why would you hold it against James for what others predicted? Correctly predicted might I add.
    I just don't like him. Not taking anything away from him, he's a great basketball player and will be one of the best to ever play the game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Djason Unchained View Post
    I'm a Kobe guy. Love me some Russ too. I don't hate Lebron at all though. Physically he is the best player I have ever seen.
    I agree, he is a pretty physical guy..

  10. #85
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    Nobody is talking about prime.

    There are a large number of people that think a 50-year-old can run with a current NBA player -- one of the best in the world -- at the top of his game.

    I don't care how great Jordan was or what kind of shots he can make. He's 52 and with a supremely athletic 30 year old all the way on him, he's really going to struggle.
    He might not even score.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    815

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    He might not even score.
    I might die of laughter if that actually happened. Is that possible? To die laughing hysterically? Seriously, if they played today and MJ didn't even score? Dude, I'd die of laughter. First known case ever. That would be me.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    2,568

    Quote Originally Posted by NKY Bandit View Post
    I see your point. However, not much difference between MJ and Kobe to me. An elite defender shuts down LBJ but couldn't stop MJ, Kobe or AI.
    Lebron isn't the great scorer like MJ or them. His talent comes through his ability to get everyone involved and how to manage an offense. I don't enjoy the MJ, Lebron controversies because their games are completely different.

  13. #88
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Wow, I've been gone for a few days and missed this gem of a thread. It took me a few posts to realize some of you aren't being sarcastic.

Top