Devin Booker wins 3 Point Contest

  1. #1
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,667

    Devin Booker wins 3 Point Contest

    Devin Booker wins the NBA three point contest tonight at the All Star game with a record 28 points. He beat Klay Thompson who had 25 points. Congrats Devin and Go CATS!!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,590

    Booker has a beautiful shot.

  3. #3
    P_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Location
    The Backcourt
    Posts
    192

    The “Players Only” crew and their production has been one of my favorite things about this NBA season, but I’d love to listen to this contest without commentary. Crank up that rim mic and let the string music commence.

  4. #4
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,160

    I always thought he was one of the most talented players of the Cal era at UK. I remember before the 2015 draft having a big debate with some of the top BGP basketball gurus about Booker versus D'Angelo Russell. I thought Booker was underrated, Russell overrated and that Booker would have a better NBA career than Russell. The basketball gurus on BGP belittled my opinion. I feel even better about my opinion now than I did then.

  5. #5
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,486

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I always thought he was one of the most talented players of the Cal era at UK. I remember before the 2015 draft having a big debate with some of the top BGP basketball gurus about Booker versus D'Angelo Russell. I thought Booker was underrated, Russell overrated and that Booker would have a better NBA career than Russell. The basketball gurus on BGP belittled my opinion. I feel even better about my opinion now than I did then.
    And I still think you are wrong. Winning the three point contest doesn’t make him a better player. It just tells us what we already knew. Booker is a better shooter. Both are immensely talented but at the end of the day Russell is still the more complete player. Both are recovering from injury and both of them play on trash teams. Hell, Booker just came back to Phoenix on Wednesday so he could participate in All Star Saturday without looking like a selfish player.

  6. #6
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,814

    Favorite player of the Cal era.

  7. #7
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,486

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Favorite player of the Cal era.
    He’s my second favorite behind Cousins and right ahead of KAT.

  8. #8
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,160

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    And I still think you are wrong. Winning the three point contest doesn’t make him a better player. It just tells us what we already knew. Booker is a better shooter. Both are immensely talented but at the end of the day Russell is still the more complete player. Both are recovering from injury and both of them play on trash teams. Hell, Booker just came back to Phoenix on Wednesday so he could participate in All Star Saturday without looking like a selfish player.


    OK my man. We will continue to wait for their careers to evolve. But for point of clarification, I am not basing my comment on him winning the 3 point shooting contest. I am looking at what Booker has done in his three years in the league versus Russell.

  9. #9
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,486

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post


    OK my man. We will continue to wait for their careers to evolve. But for point of clarification, I am not basing my comment on him winning the 3 point shooting contest. I am looking at what Booker has done in his three years in the league versus Russell.
    One is a shooter who plays shooting guard on a crappy team. The other is a versatile PG who does a little bit of everything above average and had played for two crappy teams. They are both horrible defenders who have made names for themselves on the offensive end. A comparable ceiling for one is Ray Allen/Reggie Miller. The comparable ceiling for the other is James Harden, maybe. I expect both to be All Stars in the near future.

    I’ll also add that Russell now plays for a team that doesn’t allow any of their players to play for more than 30 minutes a game. While the Suns will let Devin play 40 minutes a game every night. Their per 36 minutes numbers are extremely close and the only thing Devin has on D’Angelo is PPG.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,181

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    He’s my second favorite behind Cousins and right ahead of KAT.
    Off the top my head and without scrutinizing all the rosters, my favorites were Anthony Davis and Tyler Ulis.

  11. #11
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,486

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Off the top my head and without scrutinizing all the rosters, my favorites were Anthony Davis and Tyler Ulis.
    They are both really easy to root for. Tyler Ulis is really easy to root for if you ever see him in person. He’s probably right behind KAT for me.

  12. #12
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,486

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post


    OK my man. We will continue to wait for their careers to evolve. But for point of clarification, I am not basing my comment on him winning the 3 point shooting contest. I am looking at what Booker has done in his three years in the league versus Russell.
    Iím loving what I am seeing from both of them this offseason. They have been working out together a lot this offseason.

    I watched some highlights of Booker with Team USA and analysts are raving about his footwork and predicting him to win a scoring title one day. He was scoring at will in one on one drills against everyone they threw at him.

    DíAngelo has added some muscle to his frame and you can tell he has worked hard. Hopefully his knee issues are behind him and he can play a full season and about 36-40 minutes a game to show is his full potential. I donít expect him to get that many minutes because of their system but if he can get at least 35 minutes I think everyone will see a much different player.

    DíAngelo will be a free agent after this season.

  13. #13
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,486

    D’Angelo Russell and Devin Booker trained together all summer. Now they are vacationing together in Greece.

    D’Angelo to Phoenix next season?

Top