D'Angelo Russell to the Warriors

Page 2 of Nets and Warriors have agreed to a sign and trade that will send D'Angelo Russell to the Warriors.... 23 comments | 717 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,978

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    LeBron was coronated in high school. He's the greatest shooter of all time, his teams don't have anything to do with that.
    So a great shooter doesn’t benefit from having a great team around him?

    I just want him to give us a decade of great basketball before he gets a mention in the best player in the league conversation. Maybe hit a shot that matters in the playoffs or carry Delonte West and Big Z to the Finals one time, since you want to make it about LeBron.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,392

    Edit

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,392

    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    According to Marc Stein, he’s essentially an asset for a future trade.

    I’m hoping he gets traded in the offseason and we get to see Seth’s brother try to lead a team with only Draymond to rely on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    You know me very well Bugs, but I wasn’t drawing a LeBron comparison this time. Just trying to highlight the fact that Steph was coronated immediately upon his first success, with the help of a historically good team.

    I just want to see him win without the juggernaut Warriors, then I might hop on the bandwagon, a la Kawhi.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    So a great shooter doesn’t benefit from having a great team around him?

    I just want him to give us a decade of great basketball before he gets a mention in the best player in the league conversation. Maybe hit a shot that matters in the playoffs or carry Delonte West and Big Z to the Finals one time, since you want to make it about LeBron.
    I love the fact that you try to put down Steph. Yet try to push up Lebron because he was able to make the finals a lot because of the East being terrible. Then coincidence or not he goes to the West and doesn't even make it.

    As for Steph you acting like he was hand wrapped a gifted team. Before Durant joined, he didn't go out and try to assemble an all star group of friends together so he could win. They started winning with guys they drafted and grew together in the NBA. Green was a 2nd round pick, the Warriors were willing to trade Thompson to the Wolves for Kevin Love straight up. Yet the Wolves wanted Thompson and others. Lebron gets Love and destroys the player Love basically was.

    Curry won 2 MVPs with the other 2 best players being guys they drafted and grew within the system in Green and Thompson. Curry won a title and set a record for most wins in a season with a coach who had never coached a day in his life before. Yet you keep acting like Curry was gift wrapped a great team, and don't seem to understand the main reason why they are so good is because of him. It's not a coincidence that the Warriors were better for the games when Curry played when Durant was out. Than the Warriors were when Curry was out and Durant was playing.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,392

    Like it or not the way Curry plays also allows for a much better system than the system Lebron needs. The system Curry can play in, also can allow others to play great. The system Lebron always wants an isolation basketball with one pass at most with people standing around and waiting to see if Lebron passes them. Has shown that it is not the best system to allow others to play well in.


    If Curry and his teams didn't have success before Durant ever joined. Then maybe you would have some argument, but they did it before Durant so your argument really has little steam. He had success with teams built through the draft. Lebron has always needs to find friends who are stars to join with, then still even after he gets that. Still screams for me help lol.

  5. #20
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,816

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I love the fact that you try to put down Steph. Yet try to push up Lebron because he was able to make the finals a lot because of the East being terrible. Then coincidence or not he goes to the West and doesn't even make it.

    As for Steph you acting like he was hand wrapped a gifted team. Before Durant joined, he didn't go out and try to assemble an all star group of friends together so he could win. They started winning with guys they drafted and grew together in the NBA. Green was a 2nd round pick, the Warriors were willing to trade Thompson to the Wolves for Kevin Love straight up. Yet the Wolves wanted Thompson and others. Lebron gets Love and destroys the player Love basically was.

    Curry won 2 MVPs with the other 2 best players being guys they drafted and grew within the system in Green and Thompson. Curry won a title and set a record for most wins in a season with a coach who had never coached a day in his life before. Yet you keep acting like Curry was gift wrapped a great team, and don't seem to understand the main reason why they are so good is because of him. It's not a coincidence that the Warriors were better for the games when Curry played when Durant was out. Than the Warriors were when Curry was out and Durant was playing.
    I just stood up and clapped. Great post.

  6. #21
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,978

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I love the fact that you try to put down Steph. Yet try to push up Lebron because he was able to make the finals a lot because of the East being terrible. Then coincidence or not he goes to the West and doesn't even make it.

    As for Steph you acting like he was hand wrapped a gifted team. Before Durant joined, he didn't go out and try to assemble an all star group of friends together so he could win. They started winning with guys they drafted and grew together in the NBA. Green was a 2nd round pick, the Warriors were willing to trade Thompson to the Wolves for Kevin Love straight up. Yet the Wolves wanted Thompson and others. Lebron gets Love and destroys the player Love basically was.

    Curry won 2 MVPs with the other 2 best players being guys they drafted and grew within the system in Green and Thompson. Curry won a title and set a record for most wins in a season with a coach who had never coached a day in his life before. Yet you keep acting like Curry was gift wrapped a great team, and don't seem to understand the main reason why they are so good is because of him. It's not a coincidence that the Warriors were better for the games when Curry played when Durant was out. Than the Warriors were when Curry was out and Durant was playing.
    !*Y’ALL*! keep bringing up LeBron. I wasn’t the one trying to pit the two against each other.

    Curry won two regular season MVPs when the ACTUAL best player in basketball was injured and recovering from an injury.

    Your best record in the NBA lost the last game of the season.

    I don’t care how guys get to the team they play for either, so save your feel good, rags to riches angle as well.

    Steph and Draymond will be exposed as only pretty good players this season. Steph will put up gaudy numbers, likely win another regular season MVP, and lead his team to a disappointing playoff result.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,392

    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    !*Y’ALL*! keep bringing up LeBron. I wasn’t the one trying to pit the two against each other.

    Curry won two regular season MVPs when the ACTUAL best player in basketball was injured and recovering from an injury.

    Your best record in the NBA lost the last game of the season.

    I don’t care how guys get to the team they play for either, so save your feel good, rags to riches angle as well.

    Steph and Draymond will be exposed as only pretty good players this season. Steph will put up gaudy numbers, likely win another regular season MVP, and lead his team to a disappointing playoff result.
    You just killed your own argument on Steph, by you also putting down Green. You do realize you just helped support that Curry is better than you give credit for. Since he did win a title and set a record another year. When his third best player was only pretty good as you just said. Green wouldn't be a star of a team if he was elsewhere. Like we seen Lebron have to have his third best player be a star type player elsewhere like Bosh and Love for him to win a title.

    So Steph won a title, set a record for wins, beat a team with Westbrook and Durant along the way. Won two MVPs, one of which being the first unanimous MVP winner in NBA history. Did all that while having a teammate who as their third best player in Green being only pretty good. Seems to me that supports Curry being better than what you keep trying to say.

    With all that said I do actually agree that Green isn't as great as some say. I question if Green could produce at the same level with a new team. Which is another thing that shows it is quite impressive what Curry has done. Plus the fact you still acknowledge they most likely are a playoff team next year even with Klay out, shows how good he is. We just seen how hard the West is, Lebron found out the hard way.

  8. #23
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,413

    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    So a great shooter doesn’t benefit from having a great team around him?

    I just want him to give us a decade of great basketball before he gets a mention in the best player in the league conversation. Maybe hit a shot that matters in the playoffs or carry Delonte West and Big Z to the Finals one time, since you want to make it about LeBron.
    He could definitely carry a team like to the finals, in the East...

  9. #24
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,551

    Seems like the D'Angelo to the Warriors discussion has ran it's course.

Top