Cleveland 87 Boston 79 - Eastern Conference Finals (Game 7)

Page 6 of LeBron = GOAT. Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 100 comments | 5020 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Who do you start Love over?
    Love would absolutely start for the Warriors. As sweet16 said, he'd start at center over anyone--Looney, Zaza, McGee, or even Green. Iguodala only starts when they go small and Love would be in there before him. Green is one of the most overrated players in the league. The Warrior system has made him a star.
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,789

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Outside of Lebron and Kevin Love the Cavs roster is atrocious. If it’s not the worst in the league it’s certainly in the discussion. They are no where near a playoff team and would be lucky to win 25 games. Lebron doesn’t need to help to get out of the east, but getting out of the east has never been an issue considering no one else has made it out of the east for the better part of a decade. But the greatest team ever assembled in the history of basketball is who he has to face every single year and he doesn’t stand a chance without players that can score. Who is the 3rd best player on the Cavs right now? Jeff Green? The guys they traded for halfway through the year play limited minutes. JR Smith probably wouldn’t be in the league anymore if he was on any other team. TT gives them nothing except rebounding. This roster is garbage.
    You realize LeBron is the one who wanted and told the Cavs to sign these guys back. Once again the system LeBron always has wanted to play. Is the big reason why every single year for the last 8 years or basically his whole career, people cry he needs more help. Please don't say the team should not listen to him. If they don't listen then they just make the cry king mad and he would take his ball and go elsewhere. LeBron basically chooses his rosters. Especially in terms of players he wants around him. LeBron chooses the system his teams with offensively. That's my whole point with this. James is the big reason why for the cries of he needs more help.

    Also if you take the star player off most teams. Most rosters wouldn't do well at all. But yet people seem to think it's only LeBron. It's only poor LeBron who needs more help.

    As for the Cavs roster. I would be willing to bet that if say you take James off that roster and put Curry on that roster with Kerr as coach. That this poor horrible roster you speak of, all of a sudden looks a lot better and players contribute much easier, because it's a lot easier for players to get in a rhythm and contribute more in those types of systems, rather than the system James always likes to play in and determines. Would that team win it all no but would this horrible roster that we hear about look as bad, not at all and would be a playoff team and probably top 3 or 4 still in the horrible east. That's the whole point the way James likes to play and the system that he wants, is not the best for others to contribute consistently. Hence why it hasn't mattered role players or other stars. When they get put with LeBron, they all of a sudden don't look as good. Wade, Bosh, Love, etc. When James joined all of them also didn't exactly look like stars anymore.

  3. #78
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,032

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    You realize LeBron is the one who wanted and told the Cavs to sign these guys back. Once again the system LeBron always has wanted to play. Is the big reason why every single year for the last 8 years or basically his whole career, people cry he needs more help. Please don't say the team should not listen to him. If they don't listen then they just make the cry king mad and he would take his ball and go elsewhere. LeBron basically chooses his rosters. Especially in terms of players he wants around him. LeBron chooses the system his teams with offensively. That's my whole point with this. James is the big reason why for the cries of he needs more help.

    Also if you take the star player off most teams. Most rosters wouldn't do well at all. But yet people seem to think it's only LeBron. It's only poor LeBron who needs more help.

    As for the Cavs roster. I would be willing to bet that if say you take James off that roster and put Curry on that roster with Kerr as coach. That this poor horrible roster you speak of, all of a sudden looks a lot better and players contribute much easier, because it's a lot easier for players to get in a rhythm and contribute more in those types of systems, rather than the system James always likes to play in and determines. Would that team win it all no but would this horrible roster that we hear about look as bad, not at all and would be a playoff team and probably top 3 or 4 still in the horrible east. That's the whole point the way James likes to play and the system that he wants, is not the best for others to contribute consistently. Hence why it hasn't mattered role players or other stars. When they get put with LeBron, they all of a sudden don't look as good. Wade, Bosh, Love, etc. When James joined all of them also didn't exactly look like stars anymore.
    This. All this.

  4. #79
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    39,984

    For Sunday night's game, it looked like Jayson Tatum needed more help.

  5. #80
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,547

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    As someone that regularly watches the NBA, the Cavsí roster sans LeBron is not the worst in the league. They wouldnít be good, but no team would be built like that. Kevin Love would not be relegated to being a spot up shooter. Dude was a 26 and 13 guy before going to Cleveland.
    Disagree. This Cavs roster without LeBron is awful. I donít know how they would score 100 points without LeBron on the floor. Kevin Love is an All Star but he isnít saving that roster. Hell, when Kevin Love was in Minnesota he won 40 games once and had two 20 win seasons and two seasons with 15 wins one season and 17 wins in another season. This Cavs roster without LeBron is putrid.

  6. #81
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,547

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Who do you start Love over?
    I agree with most of your argument but Kevin Love is better than you’re giving him credit for. He’d start for Golden State over Iguodala for sure. Iggy is better served coming off the bench anyways.

  7. #82
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,547

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    You realize LeBron is the one who wanted and told the Cavs to sign these guys back. Once again the system LeBron always has wanted to play. Is the big reason why every single year for the last 8 years or basically his whole career, people cry he needs more help. Please don't say the team should not listen to him. If they don't listen then they just make the cry king mad and he would take his ball and go elsewhere. LeBron basically chooses his rosters. Especially in terms of players he wants around him. LeBron chooses the system his teams with offensively. That's my whole point with this. James is the big reason why for the cries of he needs more help.

    Also if you take the star player off most teams. Most rosters wouldn't do well at all. But yet people seem to think it's only LeBron. It's only poor LeBron who needs more help.

    As for the Cavs roster. I would be willing to bet that if say you take James off that roster and put Curry on that roster with Kerr as coach. That this poor horrible roster you speak of, all of a sudden looks a lot better and players contribute much easier, because it's a lot easier for players to get in a rhythm and contribute more in those types of systems, rather than the system James always likes to play in and determines. Would that team win it all no but would this horrible roster that we hear about look as bad, not at all and would be a playoff team and probably top 3 or 4 still in the horrible east. That's the whole point the way James likes to play and the system that he wants, is not the best for others to contribute consistently. Hence why it hasn't mattered role players or other stars. When they get put with LeBron, they all of a sudden don't look as good. Wade, Bosh, Love, etc. When James joined all of them also didn't exactly look like stars anymore.
    I’m not saying he needs more help. I’m just saying this roster sucks without him. Because it does. There isn’t one person on that roster capable of carrying a team alone. Not even those guys you mentioned, Wade, Bosh, Love...none of them carries a team alone like LeBron does. When you have a guy that good of course you cater to his style. Just like the Warriors are catered to Curry’s style. KD now isn’t as good as he was with OKC. Should we blame Steph for that?

  8. #83
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,605

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Axelrod View Post
    Best player in the world taking an average team to the finals once again. Love or hate LeBron take a step back and realize youíre getting to watch one of the best ever in his prime.
    I get that and he's amazing, but he's the reason this team is average. He built the roster the way it is.

  9. #84
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,605

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Lebron could have made the finals from the east with each of those squads too.
    Lets not act like he beat Larry Bird and the Celtics. They were missing their two best players. The East continues to be bad.

  10. #85
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,605

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I agree with most of your argument but Kevin Love is better than you’re giving him credit for. He’d start for Golden State over Iguodala for sure. Iggy is better served coming off the bench anyways.
    The Cavs and Lebron simply castrated Kevin Love. We are at the point where he is severely underrated.

  11. #86
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    39,984

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Disagree. This Cavs roster without LeBron is awful. I don’t know how they would score 100 points without LeBron on the floor. Kevin Love is an All Star but he isn’t saving that roster. Hell, when Kevin Love was in Minnesota he won 40 games once and had two 20 win seasons and two seasons with 15 wins one season and 17 wins in another season. This Cavs roster without LeBron is putrid.
    Semantics. I said they wouldn't be good, but also a team wouldn't be built like that either.

  12. #87
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,032

    LeBron hand picked this team. If they're terrible, it's his fault and "his team is terrible" can't be used as a redeeming quality for LeBron.

  13. #88
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    You realize LeBron is the one who wanted and told the Cavs to sign these guys back. Once again the system LeBron always has wanted to play. Is the big reason why every single year for the last 8 years or basically his whole career, people cry he needs more help. Please don't say the team should not listen to him. If they don't listen then they just make the cry king mad and he would take his ball and go elsewhere. LeBron basically chooses his rosters. Especially in terms of players he wants around him. LeBron chooses the system his teams with offensively. That's my whole point with this. James is the big reason why for the cries of he needs more help.

    Also if you take the star player off most teams. Most rosters wouldn't do well at all. But yet people seem to think it's only LeBron. It's only poor LeBron who needs more help.

    As for the Cavs roster. I would be willing to bet that if say you take James off that roster and put Curry on that roster with Kerr as coach. That this poor horrible roster you speak of, all of a sudden looks a lot better and players contribute much easier, because it's a lot easier for players to get in a rhythm and contribute more in those types of systems, rather than the system James always likes to play in and determines. Would that team win it all no but would this horrible roster that we hear about look as bad, not at all and would be a playoff team and probably top 3 or 4 still in the horrible east. That's the whole point the way James likes to play and the system that he wants, is not the best for others to contribute consistently. Hence why it hasn't mattered role players or other stars. When they get put with LeBron, they all of a sudden don't look as good. Wade, Bosh, Love, etc. When James joined all of them also didn't exactly look like stars anymore.
    Who are we comparing Lebron too? One team and one player. It’s the Warriors and MJ.

  14. #89
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,547

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    LeBron hand picked this team. If they're terrible, it's his fault and "his team is terrible" can't be used as a redeeming quality for LeBron.
    He hand picked a team capable of making the Finals with him as the lead. Take LeBron away and the team sucks and doesn’t make the playoffs. Whether it is a redeeming quality or not isn’t part of my argument. This team is trash without him. Period.

  15. #90
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,547

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Semantics. I said they wouldn't be good, but also a team wouldn't be built like that either.
    No argument there.

Top