Cleveland 87 Boston 79 - Eastern Conference Finals (Game 7)

Page 5 of LeBron = GOAT. Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 100 comments | 5022 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    How many Cavs would have started for the teams they have beaten so far? Always injured Kevin Love, maybe, but anyone else?

    No Cav outside of Lebron could make a top 7 or 8 player rotation for the Warriors.
    Warriors' rotation 5 thru 8 tonight was Looney, Livingston, Young and Bell. Love is FAR better than all of them and I'd say they're a pretty average group of bench players.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,789

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    How many Cavs would have started for the teams they have beaten so far? Always injured Kevin Love, maybe, but anyone else?

    No Cav outside of Lebron could make a top 7 or 8 player rotation for the Warriors.
    George Hill could have started. Love definitely. I think even Tristin Thompson would have had a shot. Korver and JR Smith would have had a role on any of the teams, etc.

    You talking about the Warriors rotation is exactly my point. Wherever James goes people cry he needs more help. Maybe it's how James has to play, for why teammates don't look as great with him. Which starts the whole he needs more help. His offenses usually are always very isolation base, very little movement, and one pass at most.

    Then you look at the Warriors. While they have their great core. Isn't it amazing the last 4 years, how all these role players seem to step up? Livingston wouldn't be looked at as that good anywhere else. In fact put him with LeBron and people probably say oh he doesn't cut it, he needs more help. David West is old and probably doesn't get off the bench in Cleveland. Basically anyone else on the Warriors besides their core 4, may not even crack a rotation elsewhere. But yet they look good in their system. I honestly think Love, Thompson, Korver, Jr Smith. Would have all found roles on the Warriors, over all their other guys besides their core 4. Love probably would start.

    Systems make players around guys better than a player. James offenses everywhere he has been has been played the same. The Warriors weren't even the Warriors until Kerr put a system in that allow all these players to be great. Thompson is probably a slightly better version of Korver, and JJ Reddick anywhere else. Green imo is no where close to being an all star anywhere else. Shoot who knows if he even becomes what he is. Curry didn't even become who he is, until Kerr put this system in. The system gives everyone a chance including role players a chance to truly co tribute and even look better. With James it's always one system, and makes it harder for teammates to consistently play as well. Hence the every year of he needs more help cries.

  3. #63
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,360

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Warriors' rotation 5 thru 8 tonight was Looney, Livingston, Young and Bell. Love is FAR better than all of them and I'd say they're a pretty average group of bench players.
    That was the rotation tonight, how many warriors didn't play due to injury that would have bumped those guys down?

    Love when healthy may crack thier top 7 but that's still pretty weak.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,789

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Warriors' rotation 5 thru 8 tonight was Looney, Livingston, Young and Bell. Love is FAR better than all of them and I'd say they're a pretty average group of bench players.
    The system Warriors run allow all players to get in a rhythm making it easier to contribute and look better. The system all James teams run doesn't allow players to get in a consistent rhythm. Which makes them not look as good. Then the cries of James needs more help begins. James is the the best in the world. Just wish people realize the type of offense he likes his teams to run, is part of the reason why all of his teams are not consistent in being able to help. It's not the players, it's the system James likes.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,789

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    That was the rotation tonight, how many warriors didn't play due to injury that would have bumped those guys down?

    Love when healthy may crack thier top 7 but that's still pretty weak.
    Love probably starts. Thompson honestly would fit in great with the Warriors. Either he or Love would start at Center. Jr Smith, Korver would both be over the other role players, same with George Hill.

  6. #66
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,360

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    George Hill could have started. Love definitely. I think even Tristin Thompson would have had a shot. Korver and JR Smith would have had a role on any of the teams, etc.

    You talking about the Warriors rotation is exactly my point. Wherever James goes people cry he needs more help. Maybe it's how James has to play, for why teammates don't look as great with him. Which starts the whole he needs more help. His offenses usually are always very isolation base, very little movement, and one pass at most.

    Then you look at the Warriors. While they have their great core. Isn't it amazing the last 4 years, how all these role players seem to step up? Livingston wouldn't be looked at as that good anywhere else. In fact put him with LeBron and people probably say oh he doesn't cut it, he needs more help. David West is old and probably doesn't get off the bench in Cleveland. Basically anyone else on the Warriors besides their core 4, may not even crack a rotation elsewhere. But yet they look good in their system. I honestly think Love, Thompson, Korver, Jr Smith. Would have all found roles on the Warriors, over all their other guys besides their core 4. Love probably would start.

    Systems make players around guys better than a player. James offenses everywhere he has been has been played the same. The Warriors weren't even the Warriors until Kerr put a system in that allow all these players to be great. Thompson is probably a slightly better version of Korver, and JJ Reddick anywhere else. Green imo is no where close to being an all star anywhere else. Shoot who knows if he even becomes what he is. Curry didn't even become who he is, until Kerr put this system in. The system gives everyone a chance including role players a chance to truly co tribute and even look better. With James it's always one system, and makes it harder for teammates to consistently play as well. Hence the every year of he needs more help cries.
    I'm not crying about it, it just this Cavs team is weak. No way Thompson is just slightly better than Korver either...

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    That was the rotation tonight, how many warriors didn't play due to injury that would have bumped those guys down?

    Love when healthy may crack thier top 7 but that's still pretty weak.
    Are you serious?

  8. #68
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,149

    I have always given Jordan the slight nod over LeBron, but I am less certain than I used to be. As Guru said, I love watching the guy play basketball.

    Having said all that, I think Cleveland will win one game in the Finals. They could take a second one if Golden State gets bored, but if forced to pick, I'd say Warriors in 5.

  9. #69
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,360

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Are you serious?
    Who do you start Love over?

  10. #70
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    20,748

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Who do you start Love over?
    Looney

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,789

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I'm not crying about it, it just this Cavs team is weak. No way Thompson is just slightly better than Korver either...
    Take Thompson away from this system, and I don't think we ever see what Thompson was capable of. So he would have been looked at as a slightly better version of Korver and Reddick. The system not only allows role players to contribute. However the system imo made Green, and Thompson become all star type players. It also made Curry turn into what he became.

    Just like the Celtics had zero business making the east finals to game 7 with their roster. Their system allowed all players to play to their best. Same with the Spurs and how Pop somehow does well with whatever teams he has. Just imagine how many finals Pop probably would have went to if his teams were always in the East.

    A system can make players better. A system can also make it harder for players to play to their ability. The system James usually likes, doesn't necessarily lead to teammates being able to be at their best. That's why where ever he goes it's the same story. Shoot even when you put stars around him Love, Wade, Bosh, etc. Those players all of a sudden didn't look as good anymore.

    Put it this way. I think if you take the Cavs roster minus LeBron and put those players in the Warriors system. They all of a sudden look like much better players.

  12. #72
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,360

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Looney
    Isn't he only starring due to injury? He only started 4 regular season games. Yeah Love probably is better than a guy averaging 13 minutes and 4 points a game for the season.

  13. #73
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    20,748

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Isn't he only starring due to injury? He only started 4 regular season games. Yeah Love probably is better than a guy averaging 13 minutes and 4 points a game for the season.
    Or anybody else they put at center. How does Love not start for them?

  14. #74
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    The Cavs roster would not and is not the worst in the league. That team had players on it to start the year that would be good without him and the current roster too.

    Do they look bad when he is not in currently. Yes because the team runs no offense. It's just let LeBron isolate and set people up. So when he is not in they don't know how to play.

    If you take this current roster and never put James on it. And put a system in place for those exact players, they could be successful. But teams that play with LeBron don't know how to play without him, because they never practice or put a system together without him.

    I guess LeBron is just the unluckiest person in the world. Since some how every team he ends up on. The crying from people is he needs help. The roster around him is bad...Hmmm maybe that has something to do with how be has to have his offenses play like.

    LeBron is great and best in the world and in discussion for best ever. However the whole he needs help, look at his roster cries are old.
    Outside of Lebron and Kevin Love the Cavs roster is atrocious. If itís not the worst in the league itís certainly in the discussion. They are no where near a playoff team and would be lucky to win 25 games. Lebron doesnít need to help to get out of the east, but getting out of the east has never been an issue considering no one else has made it out of the east for the better part of a decade. But the greatest team ever assembled in the history of basketball is who he has to face every single year and he doesnít stand a chance without players that can score. Who is the 3rd best player on the Cavs right now? Jeff Green? The guys they traded for halfway through the year play limited minutes. JR Smith probably wouldnít be in the league anymore if he was on any other team. TT gives them nothing except rebounding. This roster is garbage.

  15. #75
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    39,984

    It is funny the roster is so terrible when the Cavs are practically tied with Golden State with the league's highest payroll.

    LeBron and MJ do have one thing in common. When it comes to assembling teams, they are about as bad as it gets.

Top